Forums 2021 Winter Courses Writing-Year567-Wed

Viewing 45 reply threads
  • Author
      VMWEdu
      Keymaster
      Beth
      Participant

Summary for Lesson 1

In our first lesson of the course today we looked at the writing and style of William Shakespeare, thinking about the kind of stories he told and the themes, characters and motifs he was interested in. As a class we discussed the genre of tragedy, analysing how Shakespeare used this in the play Hamlet and extrapolating this out to the students’ own work. They used the themes and ideas Shakespeare used wonderfully, especially in creating their own Shakespearean villains driven by the desire for revenge, chaos and motiveless malignancy. The class worked fantastically today and came up with some really well fleshed out and fascinating characters based on Shakespeare’s own. They were able to effectively and astutely work out the types of stories and themes Shakespeare focused on from clues they picked up from summaries of his most famous works and offered some great ideas throughout our lesson. Well done everyone- keep up the amazing work and I’ll see you next week 🙂

Speech video to watch to help with the homework: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EN1BfA5YwSM&feature=emb_logo

There is no escaping Shakespeare video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lv4fWhObaTM&feature=emb_logo

Hamlet summary video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlK3CRbXE-U

Homework

Homework

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Yunshu
      Participant

Hi Beth,

Here is my Homework attached. Have a lovely holiday!

x Yunshu

Attachments:
      Emma
      Participant

Hi Beth,

Even though I didn’t come to the last class but here is my homework. Have a wonderful weekend!

From, Emma

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Emma,

Fabulous work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      Yichen
      Participant

Hi Beth,

Please find the attached homework, thank you very much and see you soon!

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Yichen,

Brilliant work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below.

Just make sure you check which forum you’re uploading your work in, as this is the other 567 class. An easy mistake to make and I’ve uploaded your feedback here, but just letting you know for next time 😀

See you soon!

Attachments:
      liya
      Participant

Hi, Miss Beth the homework for the previous class

From, Liya

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Liya,

Wonderful work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      SofiaL
      Participant

Hello I am a Malaisy I am in grade 5 and I am the class monitor. Also the most youngest student that has been the president of Student Union. Well now I have a question for you grade are you in, do you have any ‘jobs’ It’s not then please tell me the recent school she had first from mathematics and then to English. Well if you neither A class monitor or a partner of the school union or else your scores are not a plus then, I don’t think there’s any need to speak with me because I only speak with children who is a wunderkid, or pupils who have very very high scores that I could learn from them.

Why? Why? Why can Patrick sleep and play video games all day but he could get the place of the president? Why? How? I read until ten o’ clock , and every morning i watch mathematics videos, am I more hardworking than him? Why? Come, luck , come in to me and do not doubt! COME, prejudice bring me back to the throne of the president again! Would this election make the others think about me? Would they all admire him, would they not want to be friends with me. OH, that evil Patrick how dare you taken my great estate ! HOW DARE YOU.

Beth
        Participant

Hi Sofia,

Fabulous work, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      Ray
      Participant

Hi Miss Beth, this is my homework last week thank you.

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Ray,

Some okay work, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      Beth
      Participant

Summary for Lesson 2

In today’s lesson we continued our work on Shakespeare, considering Shakespeare’s comedies and the language that he uses. We began with a fun exercise on transforming nursery rhymes into Shakespearian prose, unpicking how he uses language and then applying that to very simple songs and rhymes. We then considered what makes a Shakespearean comedy a comedy, thinking about the tropes he was famous for using such as mistaken identity, gender swaps and miscommunications, using A Midsummer’s Night Dream as a template to help the class contextualise their understanding. The students then wrote their very own Shakespeare inspired comedic plots, thinking about the dramatic question their plot must answer and the inciting incident their plot should wrap around. Everyone worked well today, particularly when summarising the key features of Shakespearean comedies and thinking about how to use them themselves. Keep it up guys, well done and I’ll see you next week! 🙂

Article to read before completing the homework: https://www.theguardian.com/childrens-books-site/2016/mar/14/how-to-write-like-william-shakespeare

Video on the genre of Shakespearean comedy we watched: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjAqfh9aY9Y

Video on A Midsummer Night’s Dream: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCI6o-kbqrs

Homework

Homework

Attachments:
      Emma
      Participant

Hi Beth,

This is my homework for the last class. Have a wonderful holiday!

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Emma,

Charming work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      Ray
      Participant

Hi, Beth.

this is my homework last week.  Thank you!

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Ray,

Marvelous work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      SofiaL
      Participant

In the morning, open your eyes, pull back the curtains, and squint at this gentle world. The morning sun, like the smell of little daisies, gently burrowed into, my nasal cavity. Touching the thin translucent gauze curtain, my ears rang, the gentle and beautiful silky violin song, I walked out of the bedroom… Smelling my mother’s newly purchased flowers, the fragrance of the flowers is fragrant, the faint fragrance of the flowers is the faint egg yellow of gentleness and kindness, like the taste of summer cantaloupe drinks, they are as fresh as I love. When I got to school, at lunch, I looked at the banana waffles on the table. Fluffy waffles, sprinkled with ripe bananas and topped with secret honey sauce. The honey sauce seems to be made up of beautiful notes and melodies. Beautiful music rang out in my head, as if drizzled with the Candy Fairy Dance in Tchaikovsky’s Nutcracker, the beating notes were chewed slowly by me, the brisk rhythm flowed on the muffins, and the light and flexible melody flowed like a slide through my throat and swirled in my stomach. Not knowing what was in front of me for a moment, a few soft sponges were sprinkled with the laws of movement and change. Taste a bite of fresh fruit, as if you see the grassland, the wild in the vivid flower buds are slowly blooming. In the evening, sitting on the school bus home from school, I smelled the pungent smell of rubber. The smell, it was really uncomfortable, like touching rough and dry kraft paper, or freshly cut virgin wood in the forest, it was uncomfortable, uncomfortable When I arrived at home at night, I heard the next door neighbor playing an elegant piano song, and I thought of the feeling of putting my hand at the end of the river, and the river flowing through my fingertips. Both are also very feminine and moving, refreshing. I am a Synesthesia patient. However my life is always different from others. Up above is all what I experience every day. BUT today was not the same, yesterday I played football in the rain and caught a cold and had a high fever.today I opened my eyes and Oh, how bright! I blinked my eyes several times because it was too bright to open my eyes.WOH, the magic sense disappeared ! I can not smell the daisies! I  thought: ‘ is it what the fairy yesterday in the rain told me I will be all the same again after a big illness.will that be a good new so I can be like others again, or it is a bad news that I will not be able to experience the typical end beautiful life!’

TO BE CONTINUED

Beth
        Participant

Hi Sofia,

Stupendous work, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      Beth
      Participant

Summary for Lesson 3

In today’s lesson we started our work on the writing of Charles Dickens, thinking about what makes a book Dickensian and the various stylistic elements the class could harness to decorate their own writing. The class began by thinking about the history and context behind Dickens, looking at the themes and issues he was interested in and why. We then worked closely with two passages from Dickens, one from A Christmas Carol, one from Hard Times, discussing and debating his style, language and use of metaphor and the effect this had. The class shared some fantastic thoughts on Dickens’ social conscious and key themes, writing some beautiful Dickens inspired sentences at the end. Fantastic work today everyone- really well done!🙂

Why you should read Dickens video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5czA_L_eOp4

The Black Veil story for homework: https://theshortstory.co.uk/devsitegkl/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Dickens-Charles-The-Black-Veil-short-stories.pdf

Here is a brief summary of The Black Veil (but it doesn’t include the ending!) https://sammicox.wordpress.com/2014/09/24/short-story-review-the-black-veil-by-charles-dickens/

Homework

Homewok

Attachments:
      AmyZ
      Participant

Dear Beth:

Please check my homework in attachment, thank you!

Amy

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Amy,

Nice work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      VickyZ
      Participant

Hi, Beth:

Here attached my homework, please help to check it, thank you so much!

Vicky

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Vicky,

Good work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      :Aryan:
      Participant

Dear Beth,

Attached is my homework. Sorry for submitting late.

Thanks,

Aryan

Attachments:
        :Aryan:
        Participant

Hi Beth,

Please ignore this submission as I attached in the wrong lesson forum.

Thanks,

Aryan

Beth
      Participant

Summary for Lesson 4

In today’s class we completed our work on Charles Dickens, using all that we have learnt about him so far to inspire some modern Dickensian tales. We began with re-capping the Dickensian elements of The Black Veil, thinking about how he presents a mix of ghost story and morality tale, before moving on to clarifying a few more important elements of his writing and ideas. We then thought about the lessons from Dickens that we can learn today, thinking of some modern parallels such as the rise in poverty due to Covid-19 or child labour in India. The class then used these modern parallels to come up with some wonderful Dickens-inspired characters and to help them think about the classic, floral Dickensian style that focuses on the use of description, metaphor and complex vocab. Amazing work today class- you all spoke with great depth and maturity on the issues that you want to draw attention to in your Dickens inspired writing and I can’t wait to read what you come up with! Well done 🙂

Video on Dickens that we finished: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9dB9BZWDBU

Dickens’ Likes and Dislikes website: https://www.thebritishacademy.ac.uk/publishing/review/20/why-dickens-so-popular/

Homework

Homework

Attachments:
      Emma
      Participant

Hi Beth,

here is my homework. Have a wonderful weekend!

From,

Emma

Emma
      Participant

Sorry Beth,

I didn’t upload anything. Here is it.

Thanks,

Emma

Attachments:
      Vivienne
      Participant

My homework for lesson 2

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Tongtong,

Fab work, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      Emma
      Participant

Sorry Beth,

I uploaded the wrong one with some tense problems. This is the new one that I corrected.

Emma

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Emma,

Thrilling work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      Vivienne
      Participant

My homework for this lesson.

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Tongtong,

Wonderful work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      Ray
      Participant

Hi, Beth.

this is my homework last week.  Thank you

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Ray,

Some nice work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      Vivienne
      Participant

Hi Beth,

My home work for lesson 1.

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Tongtong,

Brilliant work, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
          Vivienne
          Participant

Thank-you for  the feedback, Beth. I’ll make sure to proof-read my work after I’ve finished typing.

Have a nice day.

SofiaL
      Participant

This is an essay i think dickens would write to the news,here it goes

In my essay, I will argue for the statement.

Playing video games seems to be something very common and daily for children in this historical background. However, the more we children want to play video games and use smartphones, the more parents will be beaten up and ‘plunder’ or ‘rob’ the smartphones extra, just to stop them from getting smartphones and computers. WHY IS THAT? This might be a question that most children and including me would always wonder. In this essay, I would explain why some scientists thought about in their experiments playing video games(but they just did not say it out loud). In my opinion, I support this statement—banning video games for children should be given better options for playing, and then maybe they wouldn’t want to play video games again.

For the first point, before I tell you, I have two examples about playing video games, from these two examples I would like you to see how poisonous video games can be. Last summer I went back to my father’s hometown a place near shanghai. In the summer I met an older

brother(cousin), juvenile Internet addiction, and Anti-social was the impression of others think of him. There are many real examples in our lives. My second example is a true story based on a real person, last Tuesday my classmate brought her new iPhone to the school but our headmaster had announced that no electronic devices at school, but she brought them and played video games during class. In this So in the condition an background of internet, lots of parents who have been crumbled up by problems like this or has been already collapsed, obsessed with computers. They are thinking of old methods to fight against this new foe. But of course, new enemies came to train us with better weapons and to make the situation better.

Lastly, I want to recognize the importance of not being addicted to video games. Dude, think about it there’s so much more to do in the big wild world. Living is not only sitting in front of a small computer and winning scores! Little of you could achieve much more things at such a young age, enjoying and entertaining yourself is a great thing to do it is also important as well but mind, where you go, do, not be too addicted in those ‘happy’ memories!

Beth
        Participant

Hi Sofia,

I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      Beth
      Participant

Summary for Lesson 5

In today’s lesson we began our study of Virginia Woolf, our third author of the course. We thought about Woolf’s life and how it can be seen as important in her writing, thinking about her reflection on the internal lives of women like her. We discussed the technique of ‘stream of consciousness’ writing which Woolf helped to pioneer, and the students had a go at writing their own stream of consciousness narratives (which they did beautifully!). We then considered Woolf’s feminism, looking at a quotation of hers regarding female authors and learning a little more about the position of women at the time. Great work today everyone- well done for all your focus and hard work. I’ll see you next week and have fun reading Virginia Woolf for homework! 🙂

Virginia Woolf video we watched: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcMLkce_BLg&feature=emb_logo

Link to the essay you need to read for homework: https://www.sanjuan.edu/cms/lib8/CA01902727/Centricity/Domain/3981/Death%20of%20A%20Moth-Virginia%20Woolf%20copy.pdf

Homework

Homewor

Attachments:
      Emma
      Participant

Hi Beth,

I am sorry but I didn’t have time to go to this class. Can you give me the screen recording?

-Thank you Emma

Beth
      Participant

Summary for Lesson 6

In today’s lesson we finished our work on Virginia Woolf, beginning our class by thinking about her essay The Death of The Moth and what it can tell us about how Woolf saw the world around her. We spoke about how it reflects Virginia Woolf’s world view and love of the mundane and unseen. We then thought about her feminist work, looking at A Room of One’s Own, and the class came up with their own metaphors to represent injustice in the modern world- which were all excellent. Finally, we looked at some of Woolf’s personal tips for writing concerning character focus, the simple things in life and the beauty of language. Lovely work today class- you all came up with some gorgeous ideas for how to take Woolf’s writing and use it to inspire your own. Well done and I’ll see you soon🙂

Stream of consciousness video to watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaSFwO3O2SI&t=64s

Homework

Homework

Attachments:
      SofiaL
      Participant

Hi Beth, happy Chinese New Year. this is my homework for lesson six have a lovely week see you soon.🙂
      By the window shed, I sat. . A tiny little creature with two wings, a black crystal body, and four adorable little appendages stocked out on the crystal. It’s slowly moved its first arm on my desk. Then the other three other appendages followed the first. It slowly climbed onto that top surface where lay my phone. It sneaked into my phone and hid beneath, quietly it popped out of the other surface. By how heavy was my phone I was intangible of how strong this little insect was. With not trying to get a little sound it flew to the fan. The fan was quickly moving, I was scared the insect might die. However, still, the innocent little thing hopped on one of the fan pages The fan page had absolutely no emotions The crawl on the page was spinning like cutting wheat. That’s so the little thing did not know about it, it was stood on one of the pages which had just started to work. The page it stood. Waved and spanned to give me wind the little creature had already been thrown away by the hard strong wind.

Beth
        Participant

Hi Sofia,

Happy Chinese New Year to you too!

Some great work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      Beth
      Participant

Summary for Lesson 7

In today’s class we started work on our final author: Agatha Christie. We began by discussing the genre of detective novels, thinking about Christie’s contribution to the craft, other famous authors in the genre, and what should be expected from a detective story. We moved on to thinking about her writing style and process, watching a video in which her relatives demonstrated her writing process and how she began her stories. We then thought about how she used the world around her to inspire her, eavesdropping on conversations and using the characters in her life to inspire those in her stories, and the class came up with their own examples of settings for a detective novel. Finally, we spoke a little about her life and what we can learn from the experiences she had. Great work today everyone- I loved hearing your Christie inspired mystery plots. Keep it up and have fun with the homework!🙂

Christie’s writing process video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuIZD6N-3tI&feature=emb_logo

Christie’s disappearance video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRsQwGR-4XQ&feature=emb_logo

Homework

Homework

Attachments:
      SofiaL
      Participant

Hi Beth this is my homework, see you soon, have a good day

Point sighed for a while. Walked to me and said: ‘It is just the beginning. Of what recently I got was that the women have been murdered three hours after the man.’

‘Ridiculous’

‘Well, they were playing at 11:45 am that Tuesday. three hours later means she was murdered at 2:45 pm. Andover also told me the woman’s neighbors told Andover that the old women’s Granddaughter has her birthday party at 3:00 pm. one of her friends told us that about 14:30 she took the taxi to her granddaughter’s house.’

‘So the taxi driver is under suspicion of murder.”

‘Yes, but the cop told me that two of them were being murdered by the same person.’

‘So of course no doubt there are two possibilities: one is that the taxi driver and the person playing card with them is the same person, or in other words, the taxi driver is being disguised. Or the second possibility is that the murderer ambushed the woman from behind’

To be continued

Beth
        Participant

Hi Sofia,

Some great work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      Vivienne
      Participant

Hello Beth,

This is my homework for last week.

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Tongtong,

Great work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      Vivienne
      Participant

Hi, Beth,

this is my homework for the 6th lesson.

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Tongtong,

Fabulous work, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      Vivienne
      Participant

Hello Beth,

I wasn’t sure what Lesson 5 homework was supposed to do but I wrote it anyway.

Have a nice week!

(I am looking forward to tomorrows lesson on Agatha Christie!)

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Tongtong, have you attached the wrong document here? It’s just your week 6 file when I click on it.

If you attach the right one I can get your marking back to you as soon as possible 🙂

I’m also looking forward to the Agatha Christie lesson 😀

Vivienne
          Participant

Here it is,

Is this what we were supposed to do?

Attachments:
      Beth
      Participant

Summary for Lesson 8

In today’s class we completed our work on Agatha Christie, drawing on her ideas about what was crucial to create a good detective story to plot and map out our own. We started with a discussion on the role of a detective, identifying famous examples and working out what they offer to the reader. The class then came up with some fantastic fictional detectives of their own- thinking carefully about their reliability. We then moved on to thinking about the plot of a detective novel, mapping out different elements that help to keep the reader in suspense and surprise. Finally, the class drew on elements such as how to create backstories that conceal and reveal a character’s motivations and how to use ‘what if’ questions to come up with fascinating ideas for a story. Fab work today class- 🙂

Video on planning a detective story: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAnIuUPRdko&feature=emb_logo

Homework

Homework

Attachments:
      SofiaL
      Participant

Hi Beth,I did non’t what to write but I wrote this , see you later

‘Hello what can I help you this is PXT.’

‘Well,today about 5o’clock,I found my place messy and my Visa card is missing.’

’from your attitude I think you’re hiding something’

‘When I was in third grade a friend of mine lost a very beautiful pen, and I had the exactly same pen as her pen, and I had two of them.So no doubt she think that I took her pen(statement A). Well the first pen came from a birthday present from a friend in the story called O(statement Z), O is in my class(statement Y). The second pen was from my dad(statement X). I asked her when did she lost the pen, she said the day before yesterday(statement B). She asked me where did I bought it, I told her one was a present and another came from my hometown in Guangzhou which my dad brought. The place we brought was quite different(statement C). And now she is thinking that I am lying to stop letting her know where I brought(statement D).

Two days later she found pieces of the pen(statement E) , she came to check the two pen of mine, they were not damaged at all(statement F).

So if I took the pen statement A, then there could not be two they later she found the pieces but my pen was still okay statement F, nor there would not be all those statement between them.If I did not got the present O gave me, so there would not be the first statement.

There for I did not took the pen she lost the pen herself, but there are two steps that could be changed here which is statement E and statement F.First maybe another r person got the same pen with me and my friend, and the person broke it and it was rolled on the floor. For statement F maybe I am a bad girl(well, I am not) and I brought another pen or I stole her pen then I broke it to stop her from thinking that I stole the pen or I broke the pen on purpose to stop her thinking that I am suspicious.’

Beth
        Participant

Hi Sofia,

Some good work this week, I’ve attached  your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      Emma
      Participant

Hi Beth!

Here is my story. See you Wensday!

Emma

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Emma,

Some fun work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      VickyZ
      Participant

Dear Beth:
      Please check my homework in attachment, thank you so much!

Vicky

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Vicky,

Fab work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      AmyZ
      Participant

Dear Beth:

‘Here attached my homework, thank you!

Amy

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Amy,

Thrilling work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      Beth
      Participant

Summary for Lesson 9

In today’s class we revised our famous authors course in order to consolidate the students’ learning and prepare us for the mini mock next week. We began by thinking about plot twists, before moving on to some work on how the students have been inspired by their favourite authors’ writing styles. The class then completed a brainstorming exercise on the four authors from our course, revising the elements that make up each author’s distinctive style. Finally, the class thought about which author they were least comfortable with. Wonderfully energetic work today class- I really loved hearing about your favourite authors and what it was about them that inspired you. You all came up with some lovely ideas and managed some beautifully thorough revision. Good luck revising for next week and I’ll see you all then 🙂

Plot twist video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SPcBeLZmiQ&feature=emb_logo

Links to help revision

Shakespeare: https://www.theguardian.com/childrens-books-site/2016/mar/14/how-to-write-like-william-shakespeare
      Dickens: https://www.writersdigest.com/there-are-no-rules/write-like-charles-dickens
      Woolf: https://www.writerswrite.co.za/10-writing-tips-from-virginia-woolf/
      Christie: https://indiepubnation.com/how-to-write-a-mystery/

Homework

Homework

Attachments:
      liya
      Participant

Dear, Beth this is the previous class homework I didn’t find the website

Today’s story is about an orphan girl that was sad about her mother and father’s death, so she forever lives on that day when her father and mother died, and she is helping to let her mother and father die. So once upon a time a girl name Nanci her father and mother died when she was 4 years old, she cannot run out of the sadness of her mother’s and father’s death. Her father and mother died because of a traffic accident. One day when Nanci is sleeping, she began to have a bad dream about her mother and father’s death. But she does not know why she cannot get out of this dream by hitting herself thinking that it will let this dream end, but it did not. She began to explore where she is and why is she here. Then she heard a beep then she sees her father and mother wake up in their bed where Nanci is staying in a house. Nanci looks at the calendar it says 1996 year and June 6. Nanci was shocked because she is on the day that her mother and father died, then she finds that her father and mother discover her “hey, who are you may I ask?” Nanci’s father said. Nanci said, “I am your daughter from the future.”  Nanci’s father said, “interesting how can we know? Our baby now is just 1 year old”. Nanci knows that they won’t believe her. But she is sure that this is the day they died. “I am going to keep them from all the dangerous things to let them die.” Nanci thought to herself. When her mother and father go to work, she began to follow. They first go to the building site and work there for hours they lift heavy wood and brick that help to make a house and they climb up to the up of the metal stick that was holding up the building they sit there with no things that can protect them from falling. When there is a lunch break for them to at lunch, I thought they are going to eat lunch but no they go to a delivery work where they delivery foods, when they didn’t get right on time they have be scolded by the customer for lateness. They at the right time when the lunch break finish, they go back to the building site to work when I see this there are tears that was in my eyes, I use my hand and wipe them out. At the end of the day they go to delivery customers to there home with cars. I began to cry but I have nothing to do with this I cannot help anything……

Beth
        Participant

Hi Liya,

Some nice work, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      Beth
      Participant

Summary for Lesson 10

In today’s class we completed our mock exam, finishing up all our work on famous authors to allow the students to show off all they have learned so far. We began the class with a quick revision and Q&A session, before the class moved on to writing their exam pieces, finishing with a self-evaluation. Fabulous work today everyone- you all asked some wonderfully perceptive questions and worked very hard today. You have been a pleasure to teach over the past ten weeks so well done and I hope to see you all soon! Amazing work everyone 🙂

Homework

Homework

Attachments:
      liya
      Participant

Dear, Ms. Beth the mock exam, please check, Thank you!

Liya

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Liya,
        Some fun work on your mock, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      Emma
      Participant

Hi Beth!

Here is my story! Have a lovely week!

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Emma,

Some great work on your mock, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      SofiaL
      Participant

Hi Beth this is my mock exam

The cop told her parents about the death. I was surprised as well, Wait what? The girl I had crushed on is being murdered by a man! Who could kill such an adorable girl. In the school? Elena‘s friends are all good, she doesn’t have any rival or like people who doesn’t like her. But really don’t you think a man killing a girl and in a school is very ridiculous? Like what kind of man would go into our school. I heard Sally said one time, that she had a cousin and he was about 27 or something? The cop told me and my classmate that the man was actually blood related to her.Then it could only be one of her family members. But the I heard her parents was saying to the cop, that unless the cousin, they had no blood related male members. So there’s only two possibilities. One is the machine that which test the blood is broken or have some problems, or the second possibility which is the parents are lying. Well the cop also said that she was being murdered in the female bathroom and she was murdered about four hours ago, after four hours Miss Mcchaliet went to the bathroom she found out. But what’s the most ridiculous thing is that a girl in bathroom is being murdered by a man. Like I mean how on earth would that be a man going to the female restroom oh that’s funny! I could write it into my funny short story selection. No this is not the thing I am doing what I’m doing is I’m finding out who killed my girl!

Beth
        Participant

Hi Sofia,

Some good work on your mock, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      Vivienne
      Participant

My mock:

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Tongtong,

Great work on your mock, I’ve attached your feedback below. 🙂

Attachments:
Viewing 45 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar