Forums 2024 Spring Courses Writing-Year567-Mon

Viewing 112 reply threads
  • Author
      VMWEdu
      Keymaster
      Beth
      Participant

Summary for Lesson 1

In our first lesson together, we focused on the genre of dystopia, thinking about how to analyse various authors’ writing and envisaging of dystopian societies.  The powerpoint with all of the resources is attached below. It also contains our work on analysing key passages from four famous dystopian novels, our work that we completed on defining dystopia and our thoughts on how dystopian fiction extends upon current social anxieties. The students were absolutely brilliant today, I was really impressed by their work and thought that their ability to sink their teeth into this challenging genre was amazing. Their ideas on what their utopias could focus on were fantastic and they also shared ideas on the subject beautifully. Excellent work today everyone, really well done! 🙂

Here is the video we watched: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6a6kbU88wu0

Homework

hmwrk

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
        Beth
        Participant

Homework is due Saturday at 3pm

Shangchen
      Participant

Hi Beth,

Here is my homework attached.

Thanks for the fantastic lesson!😀

Shangchen

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Shangchen,

You’re so welcome!
        Nice work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 😀

Attachments:
      Tangtang2
      Participant

Hi Beth, here is my homework. Thanks. Tangtang.

Attachments:
        Tangtang2
        Participant

Hi Beth, the above is my old version, I attached the new one below. Thanks.

Attachments:
          Beth
          Participant

Hi Tangtang,

Amazing work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 😀

Attachments:
      Claire
      Participant

Dear Beth,

Here is my homework for lesson 1. I hope that it is not too short! See you soon and have a supercalifragiliciousexpialidocious day!

Kind Regards,

Claire

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Claire,

Thank you, you too!

Gorgeous work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 😀

Attachments:
      Melanie
      Participant

👋 Hi Beth,

This is my homework for the first week,

I’m not sure if this is the correct kind  of thing we’re supposed to write,

so please tell me if it’s right or wrong.

Dystopian protagonist

On one special day, a beautiful girl was at school playing outside at lunch time. She hates school for two reasons. First, it’s because she hates learning. Second, she doesn’t have friends. It’s not actually her fault that she doesn’t have friends, it’s actually because her family doesn’t let her have friends. Her family is SUPER strict and gets angry VVEERRYYY easily. She for sure did NOT want to listen to her family but she has to because if she doesn’t, she could actually die from her family!!! She was SOOOOOO bored at school. She has got nothing to do. She is close to tears but she knows that there’s only five more minutes till home time and if her parents see her cry they will hit the beautiful girl with a hammer!!! The girl took a very deep breath (it’s the deepest breath she ever took) and started to feel brave again. When she met her mom, her mom immediately asked her if she got friend. The little girl was upset again, she felt water in her eyes, and started feeling worried, she thought, oh no what if I die!!!! She turned around and started crying!!! She had never ever imagined what happened after, her mom started crying too! The little girl fell down on her knees and looked at her mom, the mom looks at her, mom rushed to stand up like nothing happened, her mom couldn’t hold it so she started to laugh 🤭. I never knew she is sooo nice and will actually do THIS (she is also a bit weird) but it’s quite a nice thing to do after all. the second day of school, the little girl knew that her mom is the best mom ever she started making friends and she even escaped!!! but she wasn’t scared at all because her mom told her that she could do anything she wants today even if she wants to kill a teacher!!! but sadly she didn’t make the escape plan come true but this time it’s mostly her fault 😔.

Beth
        Participant

Hi Melanie,

Nice work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 😀

Attachments:
      bruceL
      Participant

Hi Beth,

I have attached my homework below.

Thanks for the lesson.

Bruce

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Bruce,

You’re so welcome!

Fab work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 😀

Attachments:
      michaelP
      Participant

hi beth here is my homework

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Michael,

Great work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 😀

Attachments:
      JamesZ
      Participant

James’ homework

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi James,

Incredible work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 😀

Attachments:
      JamesZ
      Participant

Hello Beth, this is James’ mum. I check his pad tonight and found his homework did not submit successfully due to internet problem this afternoon. I re-submit for him now. Thanks.

Olivia
      Participant

HI, Beth,

Please find Olivia’s homework in the attachment, thanks!

Best Regards,

Annie

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Olivia,

Lovely work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 😀

Attachments:
      sanya
      Participant

Hi Beth.                                                                                                                                                                                            Week 1

Im so sorry my homework is late

I hope you like it anyway:

Evelyn is evil. All she does all day long is litter and litter and litter. She is a horrible person who deserves to be in jail right now. She was climbing on the window sill yesterday and sneaking into someone else’s house which is really really bad. Many people crowd her to see what she is doing but she just smokes her cigarette and walks off trying to look cool.

But she doesn’t. At school, most people think of her as a bully but most boys are crushing on her. That is only because all day long, what she does is flick her hair and show her lips thinking that people will like her. Her sidekicks are as horrible as her too but Evelyn doesnt let them wear makeup otherwise some people will like them more and she ALWAYS wants to be the center of attention. People normally see her throwing litter in the seas but they aren’t normally surprised because she does that all the time. She even smokes in school making the world look like how it was in the victorians and I’m sure the whole world is getting affected by it.

Thanks alot

Sanya 😊

Beth
        Participant

Hi Sanya,

No worries!

Nice work, your feedback is below 😀

Attachments:
      Beth
      Participant

Summary for Lesson 2

In our second lesson together, we completed our work on the genre of dystopia, thinking about how to use everything we had learned so far to help us dive into writing dystopian fiction.  The powerpoint with all of the resources is attached below, which should be used to help write the homework. It also contains our work on the conventions of dystopia, the class’s ideas for features of a dystopian society, our work on historical dystopia vs. utopia and our thoughts on finding dystopian historical societies to help envisage fictional worlds. Great work today everyone- you were super creative and came up with wonderful ideas and writing, very well done. See you next week 🙂

Homework

hmwrk

Attachments:
      EdwardLi
      Participant

Dear Beth

Sorry for the late submission. Here is my homework for last week. Thank you.

Lucas Li

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Lucas, did you mean to upload a different document? This one is blank, but if you upload the right one I can get it marked asap 🙂

Shangchen
      Participant

Hi Beth,

Here is my homework attached

Thank you for the brilliant lesson!!!😀

Shangchen

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Shangchen,

You’re so welcome!
        Fab work, your feedback is below. See you soon 😀

Attachments:
      sanya
      Participant

Hi Beth,

Here is my homework for the dystopian chapter

Thanks for the amazing lesson

I actually learnt ww2 in school

Bang, bang, bang, all around. Blood spurts, ears ring, I gulp for breath. This is the worst place I have ever been in my life. Bang, Bang, BANG !!! I opened my certain to see what was going on. I couldn’t believe my eyes. There were bombs flying around everywhere. Why did the war have to be based on our country? We did nothing wrong.

Although I learnt about war in school, I really wanted to go out there  to see what it was although I knew it was very dangerous. Intrigued, I decided to go out to see what was happening. I stepped out onto the quiet street lined with quaint houses, my heart pounding with dismay and fear.

All I wanted was to be with Ma and Pa and little John. I didn’t ask for this. I certainly didn’t. The bleak mist surrounded my bare feet and obscured my vision. Bounce, bounce, bounce. Frightened, I looked behind me to see what was there. IT WAS A BOMB!!!!! I ran as fast as my little legs could carry me. I rounded the corner and my eyes widened in horror as I saw a bomb hurling towards me. I flew myself to the ground avoiding the blast that sent shrapnel and debris flying through the air.

Thanks

Sanya

Beth
        Participant

Hi Sanya,

You’re welcome! I’m sure the knowledge of a world war will come in very handy with writing dystopian fiction!

Lovely work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below 😀

Attachments:
      bruceL
      Participant

Hi Beth,

Here is my homework for the dystopian story,

Thanks for the lesson.

Bruce

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Bruce,

You’re very welcome!
        Superb work, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 😀

Attachments:
      Melanie
      Participant

Hi Beth,

This is my homework,

I added emojis to make it fun,

enjoy reading 📖 .

The Dystopian person

Esmerelda Plonker came to a deep dark forest near her house. She and nearly everybody knows that monsters don’t exist, but…. in THIS SINGLE dark rainforest, there lived over one thousand monsters, each one has a strong weapon, Esmerelda doesn’t have one though 😭. she thinks she’s gonna die 😧AHHHHH. She had no energy at all, she loved Pokémon though so she picked a leaf that looked like an energy leaf…and ate it 💩 it tasted like normal 🍃 leaf but she just got energy like she is a Pokémon character. She was fighting against nearly all of the monsters👹. Most of them were red, some of them were blue and teal, her favourite ones are purple (it’s only the colour, she hated all of them) and her least favourite colour is green 😐. She tried soo hard, she found the strongest stick she ever found in her LIFE!!! But unfortunately it wasn’t strong enough 😭 . She didn’t die though, that was vvveerrry lucky 🍀 😃!! All the monsters were having their dinner 🍽️. She tried sooo hard to run away even that she doesn’t know the way to go home. She was out for nearly TWO MONTHS!!!!! 😧 The mom thinks she met her friend and decided to ave a vvveerrryyyy long sleepover 😴. Soon, she managed to walk out of the deep dark misty forest 🌳. She saw her BEST  friend’s house!!!!! She knows where she is!! her friend’s house is ten minutes by walking near her house and she knows the way!! but she rested somewhere to sleep, she was WAY too tired 🥱😮‍💨 to walk even a step forward. While she sat there and begin to sleep there was a sound, it was from her nightmare, she woke up, she only slept for five minutes in total. she couldn’t sleep sleep for any longer so she walked to her house…

Beth
        Participant

Hi Melanie,

Good work, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 😀

Attachments:
      JamesZ
      Participant

Dear Beth,

Thank you for the wonderful lesson. My homework is attached. It’s a bit long

James

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi James,

You’re welcome!

Imaginative work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 😀

Attachments:
      michaelP
      Participant

hi beth

here is my homework

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Michael,

Good work on this, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 😀

Attachments:
      Olivia
      Participant

hi Beth,

Please find Olivia’s Homework in the attachment, thanks!

Best Regards,

A Clark

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Olivia,

Amazing work this week, your feedback is below. See you soon 😀

Attachments:
      EdwardLi
      Participant

Dear Beth,

Here is my homework for this week.

Lucas Li

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Lucas,

Wonderful work, your feedback is below. See you soon 😀

Attachments:
      Charlotte
      Participant

Hi beth,

Thanks for the great lesson, and sorry It’s late🥺

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Charlotte,

No worries!
        Good work, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 😀

Attachments:
      Claire
      Participant

Dear Beth,

Here is my homework for Lesson 2. I hope that you like it and have a supercalifragilisticexpialidocious day! See you next week! Bye!

Kind Regards,

Claire

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Claire,

Stunning work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 😀

Attachments:
      Claire
      Participant

Sorry that it’s late.

Isabella
      Participant

Hey Beth, sorry for the late homework. There was some inconvenience when uploading it.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/11Q4d_iScRNMPM-vYTKYfPI5SdKBq7-vV1fDQrecwZyg/edit

Beth
        Participant

Hi Isabella, could you make this public on docs, or accept my request to view it? Thank you 😀

Beth
        Participant

Hi Isabella,

Lovely work on this, your feedback is below 😀

Attachments:
      Beth
      Participant

Summary for Lesson 3

In our third lesson together, we focused on the genre of the gothic, thinking about how to analyse various authors’ gothic writing and looking at the different ways in which the gothic is presented.  The powerpoint with all of the resources is attached below, which should be used to help write the homework. It also contains our work on analysing key passages from four famous gothic novels, our work that we completed on defining gothic fiction and our thoughts on how gothic fiction relates to dystopian fiction. Everyone worked very well today and thought very deeply about the different lenses through which gothic elements could be reflected. I was very impressed by your analysis of the extracts we studied and thought you dealt with some big topics very maturely. Keep up the great work, see you next week 🙂

Here is the video defining the gothic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rB7EneEI3io

Homework

hmwrk

Attachments:
      Shangchen
      Participant

Hi Beth,

Thank you for the amazing lesson!😀

Shangchen

Beth
        Participant

Hi Shangchen,

You’re welcome!
        Good work on this, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 😀

Attachments:
      Shangchen
      Participant

Sorry I forgot to send it

Attachments:
      EdwardLi
      Participant

hi Beth sorry FOR THE DELAY HERE IS MY DEScription for lesson 1
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-wrapper” style=”position: fixed; left: 0px; top: 0px; width: 100vw; height: 100vh; overflow: hidden; pointer-events: none; z-index: 9999;”>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 0px; top: 0px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 0px; top: 0px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 130px; top: 177px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 103px; top: 157px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 97px; top: 152px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 76px; top: 144px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 38px; top: 137px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 105px; top: 86px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 114px; top: 66px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 114px; top: 49px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 114px; top: 22px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 114px; top: 20px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 112px; top: 20px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 111px; top: 22px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 109px; top: 31px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 108px; top: 46px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 106px; top: 61px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 105px; top: 62px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 97px; top: 62px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 63px; top: 69px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 517px; top: 181px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 628px; top: 173px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 672px; top: 186px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 686px; top: 195px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 693px; top: 201px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 706px; top: 214px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 144px; top: 190px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      </div>

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Lucas,

No worries!

Good work, your feedback is below 😀

Attachments:
      EdwardLi
      Participant

hi Beth sorry FOR THE DELAY HERE IS MY DEScription for lesson 1
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-wrapper” style=”position: fixed; left: 0px; top: 0px; width: 100vw; height: 100vh; overflow: hidden; pointer-events: none; z-index: 9999;”>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 130px; top: 177px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 103px; top: 157px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 97px; top: 152px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 76px; top: 144px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 38px; top: 137px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 105px; top: 86px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 114px; top: 66px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 114px; top: 49px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 114px; top: 22px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 114px; top: 20px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 112px; top: 20px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 111px; top: 22px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 109px; top: 31px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 108px; top: 46px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 106px; top: 61px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 105px; top: 62px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 97px; top: 62px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 63px; top: 69px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 517px; top: 181px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 628px; top: 173px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 672px; top: 186px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 686px; top: 195px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 693px; top: 201px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 706px; top: 214px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 144px; top: 190px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      </div>

Attachments:
      sanya
      Participant

Hi Beth,

Thanks for the amazing lesson!

I tried to make it have good vocabulary and in 2nd person.

Setting description : gothic

The haunted, possessed house had cobwebs hanging in every corner. It was very scary. Every now and then, there was a howling sound underneath the table that only had three lags – one was missing because it couldn’t carry that much weight – and when you looked there, there would be a sudden gust of wind that would dash through your body and make your arms ache all day.

If you go up the stairs, the handle would be covered in soot and if you climbed up the stairs, there would be a cacophonous noise of the loud, rumbling noise of the squeaking of the stairs. Very rarely, you would see a clean tidy room like you do, it was sure to be locked up. You sadly amble into the garden and you would see a horrific sight. There were weak foxes who eat the plants all day and all night. Many people wonder how they survive in this terrible place.

The house was full of dust and you really couldn’t clear it without a vacuum cleaner. If you enter the attic,- which you probably won’t -, youll fall face to face with a king cobra or a dracula, I promise. There was no electricity so the place was always dark and if you tried to enter the house, you would be so frightened, you would probably pass out.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Sanya😖

Beth
        Participant

Hi Sanya,

You’re welcome!
        Superb work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 😀

Attachments:
      sanya
      Participant

Sorry, its meant to say you’ll in the last paragraph. 🙈

JamesZ
      Participant

Dear Beth,

Thank you  for another fabulous lesson. Is it okay if I use this setting description for the story if we write one next week?

James

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi James,

I think if you’re writing a new story, a new description would be better, as then you get more practice in writing. You can certainly use the same setting, just describe it in a different way.

Amazing work this week, your feedback is below. See you soon 😀

Attachments:
      EdwardLi
      Participant

Dear Beth,

Here is my homework for this week.

Thank you,

Lucas

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Lucas,

Attachments:
      EdwardLi
      Participant

Dear Beth,

Here is my homework for this week. Thanks for the amazing lesson

Thank you (again),

Lucas
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 147px; top: 74px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 147px; top: 65px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 147px; top: 63px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 157px; top: 58px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 188px; top: 62px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 275px; top: 84px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 307px; top: 71px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 306px; top: 76px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 305px; top: 77px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 304px; top: 77px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 284px; top: 80px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 213px; top: 96px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 124px; top: 112px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 51px; top: 114px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 222px; top: 214px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 81px; top: 166px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 78px; top: 166px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 90px; top: 162px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 101px; top: 154px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 104px; top: 142px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 111px; top: 107px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 112px; top: 102px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 114px; top: 100px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 124px; top: 95px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 141px; top: 84px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      </div>

Attachments:
      Claire
      Participant

Dear Beth,

Thank you for the wonderful lesson. Gothic writing is so creepy! Here is my homework for lesson 3 (I hope that it’s long enough). I really hope that you like it and have a supercalifragilisticexpialidocious day! See you next week and have a nice day (well, technically, it’s the evening)!😁

Kind Regards,

Claire

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Claire,

You’re welcome!

Dazzling work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 😀

Attachments:
      bruceL
      Participant

Hi Beth,

Thank you for the lesson,

my homework is attached below.

Bruce

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Bruce,

You’re very welcome!

Super work on this, your feedback is below. See you soon 😀

Attachments:
      Olivia
      Participant

Dear Beth,

Best Regards,

A. Clark

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Olivia,

Dynamic work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 😀

Attachments:
      michaelP
      Participant

hi beth

here is my hopmework

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Michael,

Good work on this 😀

Attachments:
      Beth
      Participant

Summary for Lesson 4

In our fourth lesson together, we continued our work on the gothic, thinking about how to use all we had learnt about gothic writing in our own work.  The powerpoint with all the resources is attached below, which should be used to help write the homework. It contains the slides outlining the absolute key features of gothic writing, our thoughts on pathetic fallacy and an example of this being used in Frankenstein, and finally the gothic prompts the class used brilliantly to help them imagine their own in groups. Fab work today class, well done for all your focus and attention and your excellent teamwork. Keep it up and see you next week 🙂

Pathetic Fallacy video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4Yq3DcIuco

Homework

hmwr

Attachments:
      Lawrence
      Participant

Dear Beth

Here is my homework.

Best regards

Lawrence

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Lawrence,

Fabulous work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 😀

Attachments:
      sanya
      Participant

Hi Beth

Thank you for the awesome lesson. I was writing my homework in the night and it gave me goosebumps although I was the one who wrote it and I am freaked out!! By the way, I was writing the build-up.

GOTHIC CHAPTER:

It was a dark, rainy and stormy night with the lightning shouting at me from the sky. I was with my little brother, Tommy. I held him by the hand and whenever the lightning struck, he would scream and hold me tighter. I was carrying him in my arms now as he was too scared to touch the ground. Finally, we reached an old, oxidized house. It looked frightening but it was the only shelter we could get.

I clutched Tommy’s hand tightly as we approached the building. I could hear the faint flutter of bats’ wings and see the eerie glow of ghostly figures floating about. But I didn’t flinch. I was taught not to be scared of anything. Taking a deep breath, I led shivering Tommy through the maze-like corridors of the building, my heart pounding in my chest. The walls were covered in peeling paint and graffiti, and the floor was littered with debris. I felt a shiver run down my spine as I sensed someone watching us. But I was determined to carry on.

We found a bench to rest on and then I noticed some dribble on my shirt. Tommy was sleeping! I made sure to be as quiet as I could so I didn’t wake him up. I’m sure he went to sleep hoping that when he woke up, he would find himself somewhere safe. Safer than this.

Suddenly, I felt a chill in the air, as if a ghostly presence was lurking in the shadows. My heart raced as I tried to calm my racing thoughts, telling myself it was just my imagination running wild. I then saw a ghostly figure lurking in front of me. But I just closed my eyes hoping that this was a really bad nightmare. My heart was beating like a drum. I was just about to fall asleep when I felt a cold hand on my shoulder.

I hope you have a nice day,

Kind regards

Sanya

Beth
        Participant

Hi Sanya,

I’m not surprised this gave you goosebumps while writing, it’s a very effective piece!

Fantastic work on this, I’ve attached your feedback below 😀

Attachments:
      Shangchen
      Participant

Hi Beth,

Thank you for the wonderful lesson!😀 (I did it on the build up)

Shangchen

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Shangchen,

You’re welcome!
        Amazing work this week, your feedback is below 😀

Attachments:
      bruceL
      Participant

Hi Beth,

Thank you for the lesson.

Bruce

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Bruce,

Nice work on this, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 😀

Attachments:
      EdwardLi
      Participant

hi Beth here is my homework
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 430px; top: 103px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 90px; top: 159px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 92px; top: 89px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 101px; top: 62px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 102px; top: 61px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 103px; top: 61px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 107px; top: 61px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 112px; top: 63px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 123px; top: 72px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 135px; top: 81px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 138px; top: 81px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 175px; top: 78px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 275px; top: 62px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 328px; top: 63px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 347px; top: 75px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 384px; top: 105px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 443px; top: 162px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 732px; top: 205px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 745px; top: 203px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 309px; top: 116px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 659px; top: 113px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      </div>

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Lucas,

Good work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 😀

Attachments:
      EdwardLi
      Participant

hi Beth here is my homework
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 430px; top: 103px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 90px; top: 159px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 92px; top: 89px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 101px; top: 62px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 102px; top: 61px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 103px; top: 61px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 107px; top: 61px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 112px; top: 63px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 123px; top: 72px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 135px; top: 81px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 138px; top: 81px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 175px; top: 78px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 275px; top: 62px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 328px; top: 63px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 347px; top: 75px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 384px; top: 105px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 443px; top: 162px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 732px; top: 205px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 745px; top: 203px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 309px; top: 116px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 659px; top: 113px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      </div>

Attachments:
      JamesZ
      Participant

Dear Beth,

My homework is attached. I only wrote a chapter this time. I did it at around the climax It’s 85 words over the limit. I hope that’s fine.

James

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi James,

Super work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 😀

Attachments:
      Olivia
      Participant

Dear Beth,

Best Regards,

A. Clark

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Olivia,

Lovely work on this, your feedback is below. See you soon 😀

Attachments:
      michaelP
      Participant

hi beth here

is my

homework

Attachments:
        michaelP
        Participant

hi beth

u forgot to mark my homework

michael

Beth
          Participant

Hi Michael, you uploaded your homework after it was due, so I’ll get to it when I have a moment, but it should be up soon 🙂

Beth
          Participant

Hi Michael, your feedback is below. Some nice work 😀

Attachments:
      bruceL
      Participant

Hi Beth,

Here is my late homework

Thanks for the lesson.

Bruce

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Bruce, you’ve already uploaded your work on time above and this doesn’t seem to be a different version, so if it’s okay I’ll just mark the one above, so you know where your feedback is 😀

Jin
      Participant

Hi Beth,

Sorry about the homework’s i completely forgot about i watch your offline classes,

Here’s my homework

Daybreak was spreading through the frosty picture windows of the old house and the crawling shadows of the travelling party on the old stones. Suddenly as I was only a few metres away from it, the coldness was felt and eerie goose bumps started to form on me. The creaking sound of the entrance sign of the iron gates that inaugurated the rest of the house was as loud as telling the visitor that the house is not ready to receive any guest.

and that was the mystery of the mansion within there. Graffiti had been gouged into walls and smoke rose from tallow candles spilling molten wax upon antique tapestries or over-sized furnishings. Each new floor, I rose to seemed to produce different ghosts of times past.

I happened to find a two-part yellow diaries that had been forgotten in the corner of my bedroom. What I enjoyed best about reading the stories was the stories that tell of love and end in a tragic manner with the reader about to be filled with sadness. I will simply say that it seemed to me that there were a few who tried to bring the souls of the forgotten in their sentences.

Before closing the diary the wind blew away all the candles in the room. Darkness existed and in its midst there was a power that I would call invisible but I felt it. My heart beat like a rabbit and I wanted to skip the pit of sick house.

Through the window I realized that there were still some hidden spaces in that ghost mansion which still remained untouched besides those dim walls and varnished floors. The mansion had been my second home for many hours and it had let me know its story in a way it is hard for one to overlook.

Beth
        Participant

Hi Jin,

No worries at all!
        Lovely work on this, your feedback is below. See you soon 😀

Attachments:
      Lawrence
      Participant

Hi Beth

This is my work this week.

Thanks for the great lesson.

Thanks

Lawrence

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Lawrence,

You’re welcome!
        Fun work on this, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 😀

Attachments:
      Beth
      Participant

Summary for Lesson 5

In our lesson together today, we began our work on the genre of comedic writing, thinking about how to write comedically when there is no such thing as objective humour, and looking at examples of comedy writing from the 1500s up until the modern day.  The powerpoint with all of the resources is attached below; it also contains our work on analysing key scenes from four comedies throughout the ages, considering what has changed and what has stayed the same, our work that we completed on defining comedy and our thoughts on the different types of comedy from within the comedic genre. Well done for your great work today class- try to watch some funny videos and read articles & short stories you find funny over the week if you can- to be a great comedy writer you need to understand your own sense of humour first and foremost. Have a look for some funny videos on Youtube, or find a classic comedy TV series, novel, or movie to dive into. You all worked wonderfully today and I loved hearing your thoughts and analysis on the different types of humour. See you next week 🙂

Scene from Shakespeare’s Twelfth Night: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDPT2e26SgY

Scene from Wodehouse’s Jeeves and Wooster: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqU6lz8bGhA

Scene from Lemony Snicket’s Series of Unfortunate Events: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3se60e4PeFc

Scene from Fawlty Towers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjRwV9qPncI

Video on comedy writing we watched: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6r2ikSjnUo&t=3s

Homework

hmwrk

Attachments:
      sanya
      Participant

Hi Beth,

I did the Spanish part in real Spanish. You can google translate it if you like.

Thank you for the amazing lesson. Here is my homework :

I dressed into my Halloween costume and waited for my friend, Alyssa. We were going trick-or-treating by ourselves! After Alyssa was finished, we kissed our mums goodbye and it was really embarrassing because our whole families were there! “Sanya, you’ve got something on your cheek.” I got a tissue and wiped my cheek and there was a pink smudge. My mum must have been wearing lip gloss when she kissed me! I would have been embarrassed but I didn’t have to because I was only with Alyssa and I’m NEVER embarrassed around her. Surprisingly, the weather wasn’t too bad and it was just spitting a little.

When we got outside I reached the end of the road and I reached for Alyssa’s hand when I noticed that she was gone! I quickly ran down the road and saw her crying on her knees. “I helped her up and noticed a bit of blood on her knee. I asked her how she fell down and she pointed at a rubber duck behind me. That’s when I burst out laughing! “Alyssa, how could you be so dumb?” I asked her. I thought that she would be even more upset but she exploded with laughter as well. She said thanks to me and we ambled down the street with her arm over my shoulder.

I saw a wizened old lady walk over to us and then I noticed that we were in big trouble. It was Mrs Alders. She doesn’t know how to speak english and only speaks Spanish and she gets really upset when people don’t answer her back and none of us were able to speak Spanish. The old lady marched up to us. She expected me to say something but I stayed silent. I’m sure Alyssa felt the same. “¿Qué haces jovencita? ¿Por qué no me hablas, pequeño tonto?” We ran back to our house and I tripped over something! It was the rubber duck. I didn’t cry though and ALyssa was laughing all the way home and I decided to join in with her.

I hope you like it

Sanya 🐶

Beth
        Participant

Hi Sanya,

I’m glad you enjoyed the lesson!

Brilliant work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 😀

Attachments:
      Tangtang2
      Participant

Hi Beth , here is my homework. I had a lot of fun writing this! I didn’t know how to link it onto the videos though.
      Thanks !

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Tangtang,

I’m glad you enjoyed the work! I’ve put a few ideas about how you might have linked to the videos in your feedback 🌟

Amazing work on this, your feedback is below 😀

Attachments:
      Melanie
      Participant

Hi Beth,

Sorry for the late homework,

This is homework from lesson 3 written below,

Have a nice week 😃 !!!

Gothic story

One mysterious day, there stood a princess outside in the foggy storm, she was looking up to the sky like she was begging the rain gods to stop the rain, but the the princess also look like she didn’t care that it was raining because she was wearing a light purple skirt and a short sleeved shirt with cat picture on it 🥰.

Emily (the princess) ran back to the castle and her parent called her to sleep right now!!! Emily kept on running, fell on the bed on purpose. She slap soundly in her king sized bed (even if she only a tiny bit more than a meter). In her dream, she thought of a misty witch looking at her in the storm. The witch laughed at Emily rudely and shouted “Your such a baby, why would u look SOOOO tiny with such tall parents little girl?”

“Why do you care then if your SOOO big?”

“At least being big is better than being small baby ye know.”

“If I don’t know that why do you care, I more precious that you ugly witch.”

“Hahaha you dummy, you really think your precious? You know your just a piece of trash.”

The girl started to cry in her dream, she ran back to the castle again and told her parents, her parents were shocked, they ran out with Emily and screamed to the witch “WHY ARE YOU SOOO ANNOYING? I HATE YOU I’LL FRY YOU IN MY HUGE PAN!!! If you do this again I will fry you but if you want to be alive, promise me you would be nice to my daughter.”

Guess what she said no, because she promised her boss fillet( a wizard) to murder people and be mean to them and rude. The witch actually is already nervous but she definitely didn’t look like she was but she actually looked like she was super ready to be killed. If she actually gets killed, she would form into a ghost but even if she’s already a ghost her boss can still turn her alive and kill the royal family. The witches boss is the strongest of them all and can kill the royal family in 1 second with his weapon that cost 9,9876987698769876!!! Did the princess survive? The answer to that is that she NEARLY died but the monster got scared and ran away. She got back as weak as dead, her mom (the queen) called the royal doctor to help. Emily survived!!! everyone was grateful because if Emily there would be no queen since she’s the crown princess. Then the royal family lived very healthy and never had big health problem ever again.

THE END!!!

Beth
        Participant

Hi Melanie,

No worries!
        Good work on this, your feedback is below 😀

Attachments:
      Melanie
      Participant

Hi Beth,

Sorry for the late homework,

This is homework from lesson 3 written below,

Have a wonderful week 😃, I hope it’s 🤩 fun!!!

Gothic story

One mysterious day, there stood a princess outside in the foggy storm, she was looking up to the sky like she was begging the rain gods to stop the rain, but the the princess also look like she didn’t care that it was raining because she was wearing a light purple skirt and a short sleeved shirt with cat picture on it 🥰.

Emily (the princess) ran back to the castle and her parent called her to sleep right now!!! Emily kept on running, fell on the bed on purpose. She slap soundly in her king sized bed (even if she only a tiny bit more than a meter). In her dream, she thought of a misty witch looking at her in the storm. The witch laughed at Emily rudely and shouted “Your such a baby, why would u look SOOOO tiny with such tall parents little girl?”

“Why do you care then if your SOOO big?”

“At least being big is better than being small baby ye know.”

“If I don’t know that why do you care, I more precious that you ugly witch.”

“Hahaha you dummy, you really think your precious? You know your just a piece of trash.”

The girl started to cry in her dream, she ran back to the castle again and told her parents, her parents were shocked, they ran out with Emily and screamed to the witch “WHY ARE YOU SOOO ANNOYING? I HATE YOU I’LL FRY YOU IN MY HUGE PAN!!! If you do this again I will fry you but if you want to be alive, promise me you would be nice to my daughter.”

Guess what she said no, because she promised her boss fillet( a wizard) to murder people and be mean to them and rude. The witch actually is already nervous but she definitely didn’t look like she was but she actually looked like she was super ready to be killed. If she actually gets killed, she would form into a ghost but even if she’s already a ghost her boss can still turn her alive and kill the royal family. The witches boss is the strongest of them all and can kill the royal family in 1 second with his weapon that cost 9,9876987698769876!!! Did the princess survive? The answer to that is that she NEARLY died but the monster got scared and ran away. She got back as weak as dead, her mom (the queen) called the royal doctor to help. Emily survived!!! everyone was grateful because if Emily there would be no queen since she’s the crown princess. Then the royal family lived very healthy and never had big health problem ever again.

THE END!!!

Melanie
      Participant

EdwardLi
      Participant

thanks for the brilliant lesson pls use  a translator for the last bit
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 188px; top: 54px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 187px; top: 57px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 187px; top: 92px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 190px; top: 131px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 191px; top: 131px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 194px; top: 131px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 195px; top: 129px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 201px; top: 92px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 382px; top: 3px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 108px; top: 15px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 107px; top: 17px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 137px; top: 5px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 471px; top: 16px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 745px; top: 31px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 422px; top: 159px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 361px; top: 175px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 235px; top: 89px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 154px; top: 44px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 140px; top: 37px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 127px; top: 32px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 87px; top: 24px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 59px; top: 18px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 45px; top: 16px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 10px; top: 13px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 189px; top: 55px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      </div>

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Lucas,

Some good work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 😀

Attachments:
      Melanie
      Participant

H Beth,

This is homework for lesson 4,

Keep it up with the amazing lessons 👍

have a gothic read. Maybe it’s not really gothic, it’s gothic at the start and happy at the end ok?

the romantic horror story 😧

A wonderful time has passed, suddenly there was a strong flood that flashed away Europe!!! So it washed away everybody’s houses. My house was washed away!!! Years after, water went away and people started to build there own houses, I started to build mine (and my families of course), it was a challenge cause our money has also been carried away by the UNBELIEVABLE FLOOD, so we had to build the house by hand with pieces that has been flown here. A young handsome man kindly asked me if he could help build my house and live with us after? My family said yes so I had to of course. we used a poor broken tree to create the roof of the mini house, and since it was winter we put water on a board and left it outside         for a full 24 hrs to create a window, we also used a lucky metal piece we found in the woods for the sides of the mini house. After we finished the mini house it looked wonderful 👍! I thanked the man for helping and being so kind and he said “ no problem at all it’s not a scary thing like how people say it is to help someone.” I thought that makes sense so I replied “ OMG thank you so much again!”

“no problem.” he said smiling at me.

I thought he was a very nice guy s I decided to marry him, he said he has to ask his parents first so he did sadly his parents said only at July and that’s 2 months away from now. “ ugh 😣😩!” I sighed annoyingly but for some reason was still grateful that his parents didn’t completely say no though. We were in love for the rest of our live and the world got better and better 🥳!!!

Beth
        Participant

Hi Melanie,

Nice work on this, I’ve attached your feedback to this reply 😀

Attachments:
      Olivia
      Participant

HI, Beth,

This is Olivia’s homework for this week thanks!

Best Regards,

A Clark

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Olivia,

Super work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below 😀

Attachments:
      Shangchen
      Participant

Hi Beth,

Thank you for the lesson and the hilarious videos (some of them were really funny!🤣🤣🤣)

Shangchen🤣

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Shangchen,

You’re welcome!

Absolutely incredible work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 😀

Attachments:
      bruceL
      Participant

Hi Beth,

Thanks for the lesson

My homework is attached below.

Bruce

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Bruce,

You’re welcome!
        Lovely work this week, your feedback is below. See you soon 😀

Attachments:
      SofiaL
      Participant

hi Beth I’m not sure  whether this is the right place to submit this . I’m in the china time Monday 19:30–20:30 class

My mock is attached bellow

if I send this in the wrong place could you  let me know next class thank you so much for the lesson.

Attachments:
      Beth
      Participant

Summary for Lesson 7

In today’s lesson, we continued our work on the genre of the comedic, thinking about how to use all we had learned about comedic and humorous writing in our own work.  The powerpoint with all of the resources is attached below, which should be used to help write the homework. It also contains the work we did on the comedic techniques in our toolkit, the advice the class received about writing comedy sketches and some ideas of humorous prompts that they can draw inspiration from for their own comedy sketch writing. Lovely thoughts today everyone and some very entertaining writing- keep it up and see you next time 🙂

Horrible Histories sketches link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dohpfFPi6U

More Horrible Histories: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=horrible+histories

The David Walliams link on how to write a good comedy sketch: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03nshgl

More BBC Comedy Writing tips: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04y9j0g

Homework

hmwrk

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Sorry should say Lesson 6 guys!

EdwardLi
      Participant

thanks for the tangtastic lesson hope you enjoy the rest of the half term

lucas
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 329px; top: 28px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 329px; top: 30px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 334px; top: 30px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 349px; top: 25px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 649px; top: 165px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 665px; top: 146px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 698px; top: 143px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 741px; top: 153px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 766px; top: 164px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 20px; top: 43px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 482px; top: 150px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 462px; top: 132px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 427px; top: 125px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 383px; top: 105px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 367px; top: 96px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 356px; top: 92px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 341px; top: 88px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 321px; top: 51px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 307px; top: 23px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 307px; top: 21px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 307px; top: 20px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 307px; top: 18px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 307px; top: 12px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 314px; top: 1px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 327px; top: 21px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      </div>

Attachments:
      EdwardLi
      Participant

hi beth i accidentally sent the planned version here is the improved version
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 311px; top: 174px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 306px; top: 181px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 302px; top: 196px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 716px; top: 219px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 759px; top: 200px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 286px; top: 135px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 403px; top: 49px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 490px; top: 200px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 124px; top: 91px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 122px; top: 53px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 97px; top: 42px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 97px; top: 34px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 97px; top: 34px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 99px; top: 34px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 100px; top: 34px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 86px; top: 38px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 82px; top: 39px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 85px; top: 42px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 90px; top: 46px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 93px; top: 46px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 99px; top: 46px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 114px; top: 43px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 341px; top: 62px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      <div class=”jso-cursor-trail-shape” style=”position: absolute; left: 334px; top: 139px; pointer-events: none; display: none;”></div>
      </div>

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Lucas,

Good work this week, your feedback is below 😀

Attachments:
      Melanie
      Participant

Hi Beth,

This is homework for lesson 6,

thanks for the wonderful lesson,

see you tomorrow for reading!

going to a restaurant (inspired by    

the unfortunate events (dinner time))

“Go get the mail and DO WHAT IT SAYS YOU HAVE TO DO!!” shouted the master strictly. “If you don’t listen I would fire you!”

“okay 😭 …” sighed the twins.

They had to put on there rotten, dirty and old shoes and their ugly green coat just to get out to get a mail!!! BUT to get the mail it literally take 2 hours to walk there!!! They had to swim in the muddy river walk through a low mountain ( the mountain might seem VERY low but it’s actually incredibly hard AND tiring to walk through) then they finally reach a teeny tiny little red mail box full of mails to collect they ONLY have to collect one mail so they did and then walked on the same journey back.

They tried to hand the mail to their mean master, the master said “no the mail is for you guys. Open it and see what you must do.” We opened it and it said that we have to cook dinner for the master!!!  We asked “ do we HAVE to make the dinner? We’ve never seen people cook or cook before, what if we messed up?”

“I don’t care if you mess up as long as you make something that I can eat before 8 o’clock ok?”

“Ok sir.”

The twins searched the cupboards, the fridge that didn’t work anymore, the shelfs and where they actually found it was in the jug by the dirty window. They found bread and cheese, they decided to make cheese bread!!! It was feta cheese with baguette, they wanted to make the master as happy as possible because the master can kill them! after they made the cheese bread they served it for the master, the master didn’t even want to try it because he didn’t see the pepper on it for the taste!!! he pushed the food away and knocked the tabled over!!! He was FURIOUS!!!! He urged the twins out of his mansion and screamed “GET OUT!!!!!.” But weirdly after he started to laugh and welcomed the twins in again !. The frightened twins thanked him like as if he was the King and they were the guards the master said “no problem 😉.” The girls were confused they thought why would our master be sooo kind to us??? maybe he thought again and thought he was wrong ‘which he is’. He then nicely asked “do you two madams wish to get out?”

“sure if you say so master.”

“ok thank you so much then.”

“I would go out and get back tomorrow ok?”

“ok 👌.”

So they finished dinner and went back to their real home 🏡.

Beth
        Participant

Hi Melanie,

You’re welcome!

Great work this week, see you soon 😀

Attachments:
      Melanie
      Participant

sorry supposed to be lesson 5

Shangchen
      Participant

Hi Beth,

Here is my homework for lesson 5.

Thanks for he amazing lesson!

Shangchen

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Shangchen,

You’re welcome!

Brilliant work on this, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 😀

Attachments:
      Claire
      Participant

Dear Beth,

Here is my homework for lesson 4&5. Sorry that it’s so late: I’m in China now. Have a supercalifragilisticexpialidocious day!

Kind Regards,

Claire

P.S. I haven’t had time to do the homework for Lesson 6 yet, But I will upload it soon.

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Claire, no worries! I’ve attached your lesson 4 feedback below 😀

Attachments:
      Claire
      Participant

The first one is for Lesson 4, and the second Lesson 5.😁

sanya
      Participant

Hi Beth,

Here is my homework

Thanks for the amazing lesson!

Sorry, I had to use a prompt because I couldn’t think of anything.

“ Wheeee!” I slid down the slide with my friend, Alyssa. We were racing down the slides in Aquapark! We did it again and again until I started feeling a little sick. Alyssa wanted one more turn so I let her go. This time, when she slid down, the slide snapped in half! She screamed and landed on the ground with a big thud. She held her back and scrunched her face up soI ran to her and helped her up. But I wasn’t worried about her, I was worried about us getting in trouble.

Sure enough, after a couple of minutes, two people wearing yellow clothing marched up to us and asked us what happened. I pointed at Alyssa. I didn’t mean to but my hand suddenly went up. She cupped her mouth with her hand and gasped. She was taken by the men and frowned at me. I had never felt so guilty in my whole life. I ambled towards my mum who was sitting on the bench and shaking her head at me. What did I do wrong? When I got home, she told me that I should be responsible because I was older. I stuck my tongue out at her because I hate it when she says that. It doesn’t always mean that I should lead by example. I marched up into my bedroom and slammed the door shut. This was the worst day of my life

Kind Reguards,

Sanya

Beth
        Participant

Hi Sanya,

Nice work on this, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 😀

Attachments:
      Jin
      Participant

Hey Beth,

Here is my homework

Scene: The trick takes place after The Pizza Bandit, the bad guy of the piece, has stolen pizza and escapes during one of the chase episodes where the two main protagonists pursue the villain through the streets of a city. Inspector Pizza: Uh, Mark, yes, and we’re chasing him too, Pizza Steve?The alley and dark roads where The Pizza Bandit perpetrates his crimes will light up this time and he will be apprehended and pay for his deeds. Pizza Steve: Huh, huh, huh – it was established Everyone is an enemy?We absolutely need to catch this man, or else he will escape!In an ethical sense, it is more moral to support pizzas from the city so that such people do not create monopolies in the market. The chase leads them to a six pack alley and there they find The Pizza Bandit pushing the wheeled pizza cart. The Pizza Bandit: Oh, you thought we were equal for that moment there when you were desperately trying to take your slice back from me? Not a chance baby, that pizza is staying right here!Inspector Pizza: Ha ha, all you Pizza Bandit want to say nasty things to fa’ that!And it appears that the days are over when you could entertain yourself at the cost of other’s pain and suffering![With a swift move, Inspector Pizza and Pizza Steve work together to apprehend The Pizza Bandit and recover the stolen pizza, bringing an end to The Great Pizza Heist. Inspector Pizza: (winking) Just as soon as I ordered myself a pizza, it seems as though I have provided yet an favor to the fans of pizza for days. Pizza Steve: A smile on the face feels great, and the thief does not have to return any goods again. At the end with both of them struggling and being taken away in The Pizza Bandit cart, the citizens of the city can again sleep soundly knowing that their pizzas are safe. And scene!Getting to the ranch the next day with pizza puns on the plate, the gang gets a slice of detective story as the action goes on!

Thank You!

Jin

Beth
        Participant

Hi Jin,

Fab work this week, see you soon 😀

Attachments:
      bruceL
      Participant

Hi Beth

Thanks for the lesson,

Bruce

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Bruce,

You’re welcome!

Nice work, your feedback is below 😀

Attachments:
      Isabella
      Participant
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Isabella,

Fabulous work on this, your feedback is below 😀

Attachments:
      Olivia
      Participant

Hi, Beth,

Best Regards,

A Clark

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Olivia,

Great work on this, your feedback is below 😀

Attachments:
      Beth
      Participant

Summary for Lesson 7

In our eighth lesson together, we began our work on the genre of journalistic writing, thinking about the role of journalism in the world today and what the word truly means.  The PowerPoint with all of the resources is attached below, which should be used to help us think about the homework that will be discussed in our next lesson. It also contains our work on the importance of truth in news stories, our thoughts on different forms and styles of journalism, our work on the different topics and stories journalists cover and finally the questions the class came up with to interview a journalist friend of mine- the answers to which they will be able to hear next lesson! Wonderful work today class, you were all super diligent and inspiring throughout. Remember to think of a news story of your own to report on before our next lesson and I’ll see you all next week! 🙂

How to find a news story (watch before homework): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrqC6pCUJXA

Basics of journalism (watch for homework): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deip2YAygrM

Finding news (vid we watched): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5USw_7MKooU

Homework

hmwrk

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Should say our seventh lesson together! Haha sorry everyone I keep getting it mixed up

sanya
      Participant

Hi Beth,

Nothing special or new is happening in my life so I based this piece of writing in something not that exiting and very sad:

Last week at Royal Park Primary Academy, a bird got saved by our amazing P.E teacher, Mr Ling. In P.E, we are learning about tag-rugby.

We finished our lesson and were just about to go in when Amelia, one of my friends screamed and we all looked over at her direction. Mr Ling ran over to see a cat attacking a tiny little bird. (Later, we realized that it was a hummingbird but we weren’t so sure).

It was a brown and white cat and it was biting the bird down HARD. I think that the fight had only just started because  Mr Ling managed to scare the cat away and the bird was alive. Mr Ling told us to go inside with another teacher just so that the children couldn’t get in the way.(rude.) We didn’t see what happened because we were on the other side of the school at that time.

——————————————————————————————————————————————-

I asked him what happened to try and do my homework but he wouldn’t tell me because he didn’t want everyone to know and I don’t think he trusted me but this is the only thing I can write of

Beth
        Participant

Hi Sanya, this is great! We can go into these ideas even more in the lesson 🙂

Olivia
      Participant

HI,

Please find Olivia’s home work in the attachment, thank!

Best Regards,

A Clark

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Olivia,

This is fab! Bring this to the lesson and we can develop our ideas more together 🙂

Beth
      Participant

Summary for Lesson 8

In our lesson together, we completed our work on the genre of journalism, where the class used everything we had learned about so far to begin writing up their own pieces of journalistic writing.  The powerpoint with all the resources is attached below, which should be used to help write the homework. It also contains our work on the features of newspaper writing, the answers to the interview questions the class wrote last week to ask a journalist friend of mine, the thoughts on how to choose your news we discussed and our thoughts on objectivity, subjectivity and writer’s voice. Really great work today class, particularly when putting together your news stories and discussing the ways in which we can gather information and come up with interesting angles to the stories. Well done class, I can’t wait to see the end results! See you next week 🙂

The BBC videos on being a Young Reporter: https://www.bbc.co.uk/teach/young-reporter/articles/zrmcf82 

How to choose your news: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-Y-z6HmRgI

P.S. The newspaper templates are below, you can use them if you’d like but you don’t have to. Remember you don’t have to write a newspaper article- you can produce any form of journalistic writing.

Homework 

HMWRK

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Templates you can use if you would like

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Questions Slide:

hwmrk

EdwardLi
      Participant

Thank you for the amazing lesson

Attachments:
      Olivia
      Participant

Dear Beth,

Best Regards,

Annie

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Olivia,

Great work on this, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 😀

Attachments:
      sanya
      Participant

Hi Beth, this is a true story but I have changed the names a little so it doesn’t get too public. I know I have written very little but I kind of struggle with journalistic writing. Sorry 😭

10-YEAR-OLD CHILD RUNS AWAY FROM SCHOOL

THURSDAY 20TH JUNE

In Royal Park Primary Academy, Martin Joshua escaped from school during P.E because he didn’t get the part that he wanted. We have tried to track him down but he has not been spotted yet. We saw him and sent some people to track him down. This has been taken very seriously and will definitely have future consequences as we and his family are very worried about him.

The headmistress, Miss Harrisons is away for a long time due to a baby but we have let her know about this serious thing and she is fully aware. We have wanted to let the public know that this is delinquent and we do not expect it to happen again.

Sorry again, Sanya

Beth
        Participant

Hi Sanya,

No need to be sorry at all! Different types of writing can be harder to grasp than others, it just takes practise 🌟

Great work on this, your feedback is below. See you soon 😀

Attachments:
      James
      Keymaster

Dear Beth

Thanks for the another amazing lesson. I was stuck trying to think of what to write so I had to make it up. However, I’ve managed to make it a bit shorter.

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi James,

You’re welcome, and no worries!

Gorgeous work this week, your feedback is below. See you soon 😀

Attachments:
      bruceL
      Participant

Hi Beth

Thanks for the lesson,

Bruce

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Bruce,

Lovely work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 😀

Attachments:
      Isabella
      Participant
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Isabella, could you accept my request to view this, or make it public, thanks!

Beth
        Participant

Hi Isabella,

Sorry I hadn’t seen that you accepted my request to view this, so apologies for the delay! Gorgeous work, your feedback is below now 😀

Attachments:
      Shangchen
      Participant

Hi Beth,

Thanks for the amazing lesson! (I love journalistic writing!)😀

Shangchen

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Shangchen,

You’re welcome, I’m glad you enjoyed it!

Attachments:
      Claire
      Participant

Dear Beth,

Here is my homework. Sorry that it’s late. Have a supercalifragilisticexpialidocious week and see you next lesson! Bye! 😄

Kind Regards,

Claire

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Claire,

No worries at all!

Superb work this week, your feedback is below. See you soon 😀

Attachments:
      Claire
      Participant

Dear Beth,

Here is my homework. Sorry that it’s late. Have a supercalifragilisticexpialidocious week and see you next lesson! Bye! 😄

Kind Regards,

Claire

Attachments:
      Beth
      Participant

Summary for Lesson 9

Today we completed a writing workshop, revising our four genres and sharing some important tips. We spoke about what was important to remember, asked questions about the mock and watched some key writing advice from Margaret Atwood, a famous author. The class completed some amazing group work where they workshopped and planned stories as a team which they shared with the other students. Really great work everyone, I can’t wait to read what you come up with in next week’s mini-mock. Good luck with revision and see you next time 🙂

Video from today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_d0tIugpSA

Homework

hmwrk

Attachments:
      sanya
      Participant

Hi Beth,

I wasn’t exactly in the lesson but I thought I would just send my work to you and please may you mark it? I don’t exactly know what to write about what went well and even better if if I don’t know what I did wrong!

I hope you like it. By the way, I did the one where someone died after they were meant to.

BETH HOMEWORK:

Since I was born, I have lived in fear of the day marked on my skin. I counted down the days, frightened that if I was not careful, then I would die sooner.But as the years passed by, I began to question the validity of the tattoos. Were they really a true indication of one’s destiny, or just a cruel joke played by fate? I couldn’t shake the feeling that there was more to life than what was written on my arm.

5 decades passed and it was christmas eve and I was supposed to pass on christmas day. I was upset because I didn’t want this to happen. Why did our stupid government need to make this? Why did I have to spend 50 years dreading this horrible day? I didn’t want to know when I was going to die. That is so horrible! I felt the anger boiling up inside of me and I couldn’t take it any more. I changed into my pajamas and climbed into my bed. I was going to die anyway so why did I have to wait? I didn’t want to feel it. I would die.

Anytime now

Anytime

Any…

I am right now staring at the ceiling speechless. 6.am in the morning and I’m still not dead yet. This is amazing but terrifying. Does this mean that I will die anytime now? I wanted to die when I couldn’t feel it. I decided to wait. Then I realized that it was fine. Everyone will die at some point and that is going to be me right now. Any Moment. Now. 1.pm and still not dead. Is something wrong with me? Do I have mental issues or something? I was going to bed. RIGHT NOW. And if I woke up alive, then I would try to handle it myself. And now, I am going to sleep. 26th of December and still not dead. I can’t believe it. Did I read the date wrong or something? I looked at my arm and surely, it read 24th of December 1829. I am trying to go to sleep one more time and if I wake up, breathing, then I’m just going to enjoy the rest of my life. 1st of January 1830 and still not dead. Great. I made it past new year.

Thank you,

Sanya 😀

Beth
        Participant

Hi Sanya,

Great work, I’ve attached your feedback below 😀

Attachments:
      michaelP
      Participant

hi beth

here is my homework

<li style=”text-align: left;”>
      Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Michael,

Lovely ideas, I’ve attached your feedback below 😀

Attachments:
      Jin
      Participant

Hey Beth,

Had an error submitting last homework,

Hope this one works, here’s my homework

BREAKING NEWS: Crazy feljne turns on fellow creatures and threatens to ‘shriek’ their heads off Local cat declares war on birds in neighborhood.

A pet feline residing in Church Street, Altrincham has drawn the community’s attention towards the impending  twist as it declared war in the communal altercation between felines and birds. Our next door neighbor, the obese cat named only Mr Whiskers decided to call a press conference and stated his intentions on his front lawn this morning, much to the chagrin of the stunned neighbours and actual pigeons.

The tensions have been rising for months, insiders have known it for long. A resident giving her account to this reporter said, “ I have noticed that cat lurking around my bird feeder for the past one month. I see he was up to something, but I never expected this. ”

Mr Whiskers lived and breathed mice chasing at 7 years of age but the latest events definitely drove him to the edge. Admittedly, the last drop, it seemms, was added on the corresponding morning of the past week when vocal birds could be heard singing at dawn.

The feline has started deploying his armies with cats from the neighbourhood and had vowed to make them partners in the looting process.

This declaration has caused the community to be divided with the heads of dogs informing the birds that they will be supporting them in what they have termed as an anti-cat-astrophe war. The local mice have said they would help remain middlemen for whatever the cats want provided they are spared from the next hunting season.

Councilor Reginald expressed concern over the escalating situation: ”We appeal to the parties interested – let them sit and negotiate; perhaps the birds will be quieter, and the cat will go to sleep at night.”

At night, Every door and window in Church Street is closed and people put their bird baths into their homes. Whether or not this fight between species will be defeated or drag to other streets is what only time can tell.

This is A. I. Scrivener, directly from the warzone of The Great Altrincham War of 2024. Stay tuned for updates, and remember: was in these trying times you should lock your cats indoors and get rid of the bird feeeders high.

Beth
        Participant

Hi Jin,

No worries!

Delightful work on this, your feedback is below. See you soon 😀

Attachments:
      Lawrence
      Participant

This my mock exam test,

Thanks Beth

Lawrence

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Lawrence,

Nice work on this, I’ve attached your feedback below 😀

Attachments:
      Melanie
      Participant

Little amy’s special day!

Little Amy loved skiing, she is also SUPER rich, she literally has her own GIGANTIC indoors ski facility! That costed around 987,028,648,798,655,798,675!!!!!!!! It was CRAZY!!!!! She goes there every day AND night with the hole of her family to ski, (there for SURE very good at skiing) Amy’s mom AND dad are both skiing coaches and they are both skiing world champions! And guess what happened! They came up with a plan! They want to tell Amy that she is gonna swop with her mom snd dad so she’s now the coach ( the only reason they came up with this is because there WAYYYYY too tired to teach those kids that THEY DON’T EVEN LIKE!!!!!) so they rushed downstairs like they never even went on such clean stirs like this! Her mom held her left hand and her dad held her right hand , they both shouted at the EXACT same time “guess what!”

“What?!?!?!?!”

“ OMG  WE CAME UP WITH A PLAN!”

“What plan!”

“That since your VERY good at skiing and you can take over our job to get an experience?”

“OMG YESS SURE THIS IS THE BEST THING EVER!!!!”

So Amy took over her mom and dad’s job so she has to teach little annoying children, BUT she doesn’t know that those kids are very annoying! Good luck Amy with those kids!

this is the mock exam writing have a nice holiday!

Beth
        Participant

Hi Melanie,

Good work on your mock, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 😀

Attachments:
      bruceL
      Participant

Hi Beth

Here is my Mock exam attached below.

Bruce

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Bruce,

Great work on your mock, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 😀

Attachments:
      Claire
      Participant

Dear Beth,

Here is my Mock exam. I enjoyed this course so much, and I will hopefully be seeing you in the next one. Thank you for the brilliant teaching. I am so lucky to have such a supercalifragilsticexpialidocious teacher! Have a great time and see you soon!

Kind Regards,

Claire

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Claire,

I’m so glad to hear that you enjoyed the course, it’s been a pleasure teaching it!

Amazing work on your mock, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 😀

Attachments:
      Beth
      Participant

Summary for Lesson 10

In today’s class we completed our mock exam, finishing up all our work on writing genres to allow the students to show off all they have learned so far. We began the class with a quick video and Q&A session, before the class moved on to writing their exam pieces, finishing with a self-evaluation. Amazing work today everyone- you all asked some wonderfully perceptive questions and worked very hard today. You have been a joy to teach over the past ten weeks so well done and I hope to see you all soon!  Very well done everyone 🙂

Homework

hmwrk

Attachments:
      Olivia
      Participant

HI, Beth,

Please find Olivia’s Mock exam in the attachment, thanks!

Best Regars,

A. CLark

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Olivia,

Fab work on your mock, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 😀

Attachments:
      Shangchen
      Participant

Hi Beth,

Here is my Mock attached.

Thanks for the magnificent course, I enjoyed every lesson/genre!😀

Shangchen

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Shangchen,

I’m so glad to hear it, you’re very welcome!

Superb work on your mock, your feedback is below. See you soon 😀

Attachments:
      EdwardLi
      Participant

Hi Beth,

Here is my mock exam,

Thank you,

Lucas

Attachments:
      EdwardLi
      Participant

Hi Beth

The above document is wrong please can you mark this one and thanks for the great lessons they were amazing thanks for teaching me all those genres

From Lucas Li

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Lucas,

No worries, and you’re very welcome!
        Exciting work on your mock, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 😀

Attachments:
      EdwardLi
      Participant

Hi Beth

sorry I had to correct an error in my writing please can you mark this one.

From Lucas Li

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Lucas, I replied to your above comment, but I did mark this final copy 😀

sanya
      Participant

HI beth, here is my mini mock

We were in the Royal Opera House in London waiting for the performance to start. I had already been waiting for 47 minutes and the audience was already groaning and complaining about it. I felt like groaning and complaining as well but I really wanted to watch this show because all my friends have watched it and I absolutely hate being the odd one out. I have been begging my mother for years to be able to go to this theater to watch this show but all she did was just ignore me and take me to other boring shows such as Wicked, Matilda, Frozen (when I was 12). I was groveling to her every single day for 8 months and she finally took me. I think she had enough of me bugging her so she decided to take me. It was so boring in the crowded hall with nothing to do.

Suddenly, we heard a small whimpering noise and all the lights went out. I heard a few screams from the back row but I didn’t dare look around just in case something important happened. Then, a tiny figure about 2 feet, came onto the stage and said, “h-h-hello?” This figure did not look normal. It had giant feet and was wearing a clown wig which was not even on properly. It had makeup smudged on its face. I noticed that this was not one of the characters on the show and it looked like it was about 3 or 4 years old although I was much taller than that when I was 3.

There were a lot of “huh’s” and “what” from the crowd. I guess they said that too soon because lots of the tiny figures appeared on the stage and they started dancing a really funny dance. Their dancing was really random and out of order. One second they are waving their hands out in the air and the next second, they are doing headstands.

We didn’t understand what was going on until the one in the middle said, “apickaboo.” We all understood what was happening because that is what the main character’s catchphrase was! The crowd immediately burst into laughter and I couldn’t help but laugh as well. The show hadn’t even started yet.

sanya

Beth
        Participant

Hi Sanya,

Super work on your mock, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 😀

Attachments:
      Charlotte
      Participant

hi beth,

here is mini mock

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Charlotte,

Good work on your mock, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 😀

Attachments:
      Melanie
      Participant

Hi Beth!

Sorry for the very late homework…

One more homework to go!

Here is the homework, it’s the only thing I could think of!

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Melanie,

No worries at all!

Good work on this, I’ve attached your feedback below 😀

Attachments:
      Melanie
      Participant

Oh the next one’s just revising…

OK!

I wish you to have the best holiday!

Melanie
      Participant

Oh the next one’s just revising…

I wish you to have the best holiday!

thx for teaching!

Beth
        Participant

Thank you, Melanie! You’re very welcome for the lessons 😀

Melanie
      Participant

sry that I sent it twice

JamesZ
      Participant

Dear Beth

Here is my mini mock, i really enjoyed our lessons( sorry for submitting it a bit late)

James

Beth
        Participant

Hi James, there doesn’t seem to be anything attached there. If you upload the document I can get it marked ASAP 😀

JamesZ
      Participant

Sorry, here it is. James

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi James,

Great work on this, your feedback is below 😀

Attachments:
Viewing 112 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar