Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      VMWEdu
      Keymaster

Lesson 1

Paper

Answer

Summary for Sun group:

Really good work – sorry we were a little bit rushed for time towards the end! I would echo the comments I made below to the Tuesday group; very well done for finishing any questions at all given how hard they are!

Summary for Tue group:

Excellent work this week. You all did very well to work through the questions, especially after Q1 and Q2 are difficult. I was also very impressed by your teamwork and working through answers together rather than individually. One thing to work out for future weeks is attention to detail; often the questions have little tricks and traps which are easy to avoid once you know how to watch out for them! I have highlighted in the PDF where these occur in our questions.

A couple of groups didn’t quite finish all 8 questions; if you want to, you can see the answers and compare them to how you would have answered them.

As I mentioned at the start of the lesson, please do not be put off by how tricky some of the questions are. They are tricky for everyone and it is genuinely impressive if you can work out how to answer even one question, let alone multiple!

Next week we will mix up the teams. This does not mean you will never be with the same person again! But it does hopefully mean that everyone will have worked with everyone by the end of the program.

VMWEdu
      Keymaster

Lesson 2

Paper

Answer

Summary for Sun Group:

A very good lesson! I am sorry we did not get a chance to do the Open Questions in more detail. For next week I will set the Open Questions at the start of the paper so that we definitely have time to do them. Hopefully the answer document I have uploaded will provide a full response – I know that people found a couple of questions (e.g. the graph and the argument conclusion) difficult, so I have gone into particular detail for those questions.

Summary for Tue Group:

Excellent work – very high scores all round. As mentioned above, I am sorry we did not get a chance to do the Open Questions in more detail. For next week I will set the Open Questions at the start of the paper so that we definitely have time to do them.

For both groups:

If you have a question for me about any of the problems or my answers, please feel free to send me a private message on Zoom during the class or stay on for a moment at the end of the class so I can explain. Not everyone approaches all questions the same way and there is absolutely no problem in saying if you do not understand something!

James
      Keymaster

Lesson 3

Paper

Answer

Summary for Sunday Group

Another great week and fantastic to see you guys learning some of the tricks to the TSA. Next week I will add some trickier questions as optional if you finish in the 30 minutes.

Summary for Tuesday Group

Very good work; hopefully the summary I have posted here is useful to explain how the “main conclusion” and “flaw in the argument” questions work and some tips and tricks to quickly find the answer. As above, I will add some slightly harder questions at the end (after the Open Questions).

James
      Keymaster

Lesson 4

Paper

Answer

Summary for Both Groups

Great work this week – you’re all getting much faster and more efficient! Answers are attached. Next week I am going to add a few more harder questions to make sure we fill out the whole time. Tuesday group please N.B. that there is no session this coming Tuesday as I have an exam of my own! Hopefully I will do as well as you all do at the TSA qs…

James
      Keymaster

Lesson 5 – Sunday 30th May + Tuesday 8 June

Paper

Answer

Hi everyone,

These are the Fifth Week Qs. As you’ll see from my comments, these were mostly quite doable and didn’t cause too many problems. Great to see a lot of improvement from everyone and much more advanced responses to Open Questions.

Best wishes,

J

James
      Keymaster

Lesson 6

Paper

Answers

Hi everyone!

Please find attached the Week 6 answers. This was a more difficult week and many of the questions involved “brute force” methods of calculation, which tends to put time pressure onto students.

However, both groups did very well in dealing with the paper overall and there were some very good and clear explanations.

I will upload the Lesson 7 answers tomorrow.

Best wishes,

James

James
      Keymaster

Hi everyone!

Sorry for the delay in these; here are the answers to Weeks 7 and 8.

Week 7 Qs

Week 8 Qs

Week 7 Answers

Week 8 Answers

Best wishes,

James

James
      Keymaster

Hi everyone,

Final batch of answers! Sorry for the delay. It has been a real pleasure teaching everyone – I hope you all feel that you have gained some useful skills from these lessons. You have all improved a huge amount.

Week 9 Paper

Week 10 Paper

Combined W9 W10 Answers

Best wishes,

James

James
      Keymaster

Hi everyone,

TSA Week 1 Series 2 Answers

TSA Week 1 Series 2 Paper

Best wishes,

James

James
      Keymaster

Hi everyone!

Very sorry for delay – I’ve been on holiday!

Week 2 Paper

Week 2 Answers

Best wishes,

James

James
      Keymaster

Hi everyone,

Week 3 Paper

Week 3 Answers.

Best,

James

James
      Keymaster

Hi everyone,

Week 4 Paper

Week 4 Answers

Best wishes,

James

James
      Keymaster

Hi everyone!

Week 1 TSA answers

Week 2 answers coming soon 🙂

James

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar