The Butterfly Lion 7-9E(Fri)

Forums Reading Club 7-9 The Butterfly Lion 7-9E(Fri)

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • Author
      VMWEdu
      Keymaster

The butterfly Lion

Lesson 1

Lesson 2

Lesson 3

Kensuke’s Kingdom

Lesson 1

Lesson 2

Lesson 3

The Amazing Story of Adolphus Tips

Lesson 1

Lesson 2

Lesson 3

Jessica
      Participant

The Butterfly Lion – Lesson 1 (report)

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Andrea
      Participant

This is very exciting and I am so looking forward to doing the pack. I am going on a vacation to England to find my fav English teacher, Jessica.

I hauled my heavy suitcase up the stairs, and then, into my secret room. Soon, I packed my things, had mommy as a companion, my sister as an opponent, the fastest to finish packing wins.

I quickly stuffed my belongings into the huge luggage and when I finished… ‘DONE!’ I screamed, I won, looking flamboyantly, my sister, Abi, lost dignifying.

When I heard the news that we had to cancel out the trip, I grieved for a whole hour. I was miserable. I really was sad, I am not being emotional… first to ask doctors how to make sick people recover.

To fix this problem, I asked why. They said it was because another person caught Covid-19 after the whole Hong Kong recovered.

I tried my best to go back into time, the past, when it was just a few cases per day. I went downstairs, ran backwards, and reversed everything, WHAO! It worked! I made posters and convinced everyone to wear masks. I told them what might happen afterwards.

Almost everyone listened. The doctors of course did not know how to recover for the infected people. I told them to try, and it worked.

Now to get back to the real world. I ran, ran, ran, ran and finally, it was our vacay day. I asked them, could we go now?

‘Sure, darling. you guys answered.”‘

‘I know what you feel like, Andrea, you think we dont believe you, but we do, lets time travel!’ Mum said, encouraging me.

Andrea
      Participant

Ahhh! It missed out some of the story… just tellling you, the main character retold the story

Attachments:
        Jessica
        Participant

Brilliant work, Andrea!

This is a really exciting and well-written story. You have done an excellent job of using lots of the vocab that we learned. Also, your choice to have the main character retell the story is very interesting and you have used current events in your story wonderfully.

Here are a couple of things to look out for:

– ‘packing’ (instead of ‘doing the pack’).

– ‘lost in a dignified fashion’ (instead of ‘lost dignifying’).

Joseph Wu
      Participant

Joseph Wu’s Homework

Attachments:
      Joseph Wu
      Participant

joseph wu homework

Attachments:
      Aiden Zhu
      Participant

Aiden Zhu homework

Attachments:
      Jessica
      Participant

The Butterfly Lion – Lesson 2 (report)

Attachments:
      Joseph Wu
      Participant

Joseph

Attachments:
        Jessica
        Participant

Lovely work, Joseph!

You have picked a brilliant character as your favourite. Your reasoning as to why he is your favourite is wonderful and the personal touch in your writing is great.

To make this even better, you could you some quotations from the text to support your answer (i.e. find a part in the book where the lion is described as being fast).

Luca
      Participant

Michel Morpergo makes the starting of this story exciting because, well, maybe because he talking about his life and its like he wants others to know about his life and what he did during his life and why he wanted to write this book AND he wants others to know about his life AND he doesn’t want others to forget about his adventuresome adventures ( maybe, alright, maybe ).

Homework 1

Luca
      Participant

My favourite character is Bertie because he was so brave to save to 2 of his solders when he was injured and he saved them from no mans land, a vvvvvvvveeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyy dangerous place that no one dares to go to, not even the bravest person in the world because it’s sssssssssoooooooooo dangerous ( I mean it, i actually do ).

Homework 2

Jessica
      Participant

The Butterfly Lion – Lesson 3 (report)

Attachments:
      Aiden Zhu
      Participant

Aiden Zhu

Attachments:
        Jessica
        Participant

Great work, Aiden!

Good job at learning these new words. Also, you have given a very good reason as to why the ending of the book might make you feel a bit sad.

To improve, you could also mention what you did like about the end.

Jessica
      Participant

Kensuke’s Kingdom – Lesson 1 (report)

Attachments:
      TiaX
      Participant

I think the writer made the opening exciting because that I like animals and I love lions. Also, the lion is a white lion.

Jessica
      Participant

Kensuke’s Kingdom – Lesson 2 (report)

Attachments:
      TiaX
      Participant

My favourite character is the dog, because it is very cute and I like animals.

Jessica
      Participant

Kensuke’s Kingdom – Lesson 3 (report)

Jessica
      Participant

Kensuke’s Kingdom – Lesson 3 report

Attachments:
      Luca
      Participant

My favourite character is Stella Artois because she is a dog and dogs can you guard and watch over things for you so you don’t have to do the work all by yourself.They can also can save one’s life. They also have stamina so they can run far away.Here are some types of dogs.<wild, guardian, herder and the retriever>and some species<Affenpinscher, Australian shepherd, Beagle, Belgian Malinois, Cardigan Welsh corgi, Chinese crested, Greyhound, Komondor, Labrador retriever, Norwich terrier, Old English sheepdog, Petit basset griffon vendeen, Portuguese  water dog, Rottweiler (they are known to attack their owners), Shiba inu and the Wirehaired vizsla and so many more>.I want to ask Michele Morpergo how Stella seems to know Kensuke.It remains a mystery.

Jessica
      Participant

The Amazing Story of Adolphus Tips – Lesson 1 (report)

Attachments:
Viewing 20 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar