Forums Writing M-Sat-1030

Viewing 38 reply threads
  • Author
      VMWEdu
      Keymaster
      Marnie
      Participant

Lesson One- Science Fiction:

Excellent work this session, everyone! I really enjoyed hearing your unusual and inventive science fiction ideas, as well as your insightful analysis of what you think makes the Science Fiction genre fascinating. Attached is today’s PowerPoint, with the homework outlined on the final slide. Well done, and I shall see you next week 🙂

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Vivienne
      Participant

My Villain

In the middle of the “haunted”forest, was an old oak tree. Nobody except from a little girl called  Lucy knew who lived there. “Spooks” she called the mysterious person. Do you want to know who lived there? Well…It was an unknown villain, entitled: “Adsinthe Spooks”

It was a legend that Spooks short black hair that could shine when its dark enough, she had two colored eyes: One lilac, one silvery gray. She wore a black dress encrusted with blood red jems that made you shiver in the dark. Her shoes were blood red too. High-heels some people call it but Lucy shares her opinion, “Spooks is not that bad, she wears a purple dress and black boots.”

The truth came out in 1999/8/27. Adsinthe decided to go out and not pretend and fake everything anymore. There was a party that night and she went to the party. The light all stopped lighting and the people stopped moving like statues. They turned and stared. Lucy was delighted, “Spooks” she exclaimed. There was silence for a moment and all the people started screaming they all tried to squeeze out of the garden door but Absinthe didn’t move she stayed still to see what was going to happen next. After a few minutes, everyone was in the large garden and they were still shivering then Lucy just couldn’t control herself. She had promised not to use her magic from when she was five, now she is twenty-two, this was the first time she was so angry since the age of five. Her eyes were filled with fire and her hair glowed. Not that beautiful moonlight but a fiery red glow. Her dimond on her lilac dress turned red. Her hands filled with flames, she drew a fireball onto the ground the mansion was burning. The next day, everything was normal but same people were missing and so was the great mansion.

Adsinthe was never seen again, the last of her was found in a clear stream in the haunted forest.

Marnie
        Participant

Great work, Tongtong! See attached 🙂

Attachments:
      Marnie
      Participant

Terrific work today everyone! I was really impressed with all of your thoughts on speech writing and presentation- you offered some very thoughtful and perceptive answers 🙂 Attached is the PowerPoint, with the homework details on the final slide. Have a great week ahead, and I shall see you all next Saturday 🙂

Attachments:
      SofiaL
      Participant

Homework for lesson 1

Attachments:
        Marnie
        Participant

Good work! 🙂

Attachments:
      SofiaL
      Participant

Homework for lesson 2

Attachments:
        Marnie
        Participant

Great work, Sofia 🙂

Attachments:
      Vivienne
      Participant

Why I think I should have control of my family’s TV remote.

I think I should have control of my family’s Tv remote because

1.I could keep up with the daily news.

I could watch the news every day without passwords stopping me and I won’t be the only one not knowing what is happening around the world. Would you feel annoyed if you were the only one that had no clue of what everyone is talking about? Well I would be frustrated instead of annoyed. Also, it’s fun to know interesting facts and things that has happened in the past and is repeating itself again or new things that no-one has seen before. It could help with subjects such as: Science, History……

2.It’s fun to watch videos or movies when your bored.

Occasionally, when I have nothing to do, I think it’s no harm to allow myself to watch a few movies or videos. I won’t have to ask my parents all the time if i have control of the remotes. Not only I could stop being bored, I could also watch it with friends and relax about homework. My favorite channels are funny or interesting. They make me laugh and become happy when I’m uncomfortable or sad. It also could be one of the topics when I play with my friends.

3.Watch TV with friends and families.

It’s fun to watch TV with families and friends especially in the weekends or holiday, it could build up friendship and family.  If I have control of the remote I could watch TV with my friends even when my parents aren’t at home.

Marnie
        Participant

Great work, Tongtong!

Attachments:
      Marnie
      Participant

Great work everyone! I really liked hearing all of your imaginative vocabulary ideas and discussing why a wide vocabulary is so beneficial. Attached is the PowerPoint, with the homework details on the final slide. Have a great week ahead, and I shall see you all next week! 🙂

Attachments:
      SofiaL
      Participant

The Teacher in My Heart

I have a good teacher, she has a pair of small eyes, a small nose, a small mouth, her face looks like as everything is so small, so delinquent. She was not very tall, but only about the same size as us. The most important thing is her hair. Her hair is different from many female teachers. Most female teachers have long hair, but she doesn’t. My teacher’s hair is short hair, a bit dyed like the colour of caramel.

The teacher came last term. Unexpectedly, our relationship was very good, we all praised:” better teacher, better scores” The first impression of this teacher gave me was that she respected every student and did not adore certain pupil. My math grades have been poor, the teacher happened to be the teacher of math so I was very disappointed. In some situation she would let girls to send homework, I did not do a few times, so I was disappointed. Once there was a big cleaning duty, each class has a responsible point to clean up. I want to do it very much, and my classmate also want to do it, but only three people can do it. I said to myself, “If I don’t go, I won’t go. It’s just a cleaning duty. Not big deal. What if the teacher doesn’t choose me?” Although I say it, I really want to go. The teacher scanned a change in the eyes of the whole class critically and said: “student A, student B you two go to clean the room?” Ah, that’s the last person. My heart beat ‘Sofia, you go, ok?’  The teacher looked at me said. Oh, it was me. From then on, I found that she knew everyone and would make everyone get the teacher’s attention

In my mind a good teacher is very humorous, dealing with classmates to shield is very methodical. : When she first joined our class, some naughty boys tried to put on a show of disobedience. Some like students C, who as long as the bell rang, no matter whether teacher has finished the class, on the seat at will in the class running around. The teacher a turn head to say:” I just found our class has a classmate who have super ability ah, a bell ring and you run everywhere as well. So is this a super ability, when I turn my head right away the class is quiet!” Small C the classmate from now on he no longer violates the discipline, he listened to the teacher’s words in. The teacher education is very method, she not only did not hurt the self-esteem of the students, but also gave us a funny thought.

This is the good teacher in my heart. Did you guess who she was? She is what my classmates call “Feng superwomen” and a good teacher in my eyes—miss Feng

Marnie
        Participant

Well done for this week’s homework, Sofia! 🙂

Attachments:
      Marnie
      Participant

Fantastic work today, everyone! Attached is today’s PowerPoint with the homework details on the final slide. Have a lovely week, and I shall see you all next Saturday!

Attachments:
      SofiaL
      Participant

Danny (Dad): It looks like we are going to sleep here tonight
      Patrick (with a sign): What, in the jungle? With bears and even snake!
      Dad: Oh boy don’t worry it won’t be scary.
      Patrick: But, but Barrie will be scared. Won’t you, Barrie? (playing with the dog)
      Dad: No, no you are wrong my son. Barrie will protect us, dogs are like guards they protect us. Quick fetch mom and Daisy
      Patrick(running): Yes dad!
      Patrick (founded his mom and sister): Dad said that we are going to sleep here. So, probably we will have dinner in the Jungle. Oh, there are rabbits down there!
      Daisy (Patrick’s older sister): Rabbits can be eaten but they are so cute how can you at them!
      Patrick (angry): But there is nothing we can eat in this situation. If the tigers come how would we have the strength to fight them!
      Mum (Malisa): No more argue kids, this is the time to depend on yourselves, ok. In this situation the only way to solve the problem is to find and discover by yourselves. I would bring you guys to the fire place and then you can watch dad and me how to make a tent and teach yourselves ok?
      Daisy and Patrick (together): What about dinner!
      Mum(smiling): Do it yourselves then!
      After they gathered beside the fire place, the kids went to watch the parents and put on an act of imitation。

Marnie
        Participant

A really strong script, Sofia!

Attachments:
      Marnie
      Participant

Really well done today, everyone! I was very impressed with everyone’s balanced arguments on interlinking songs and poems- this made for some great discussion. Attached is the PowerPoint, with the homework outlined on the final slide. See you all next week 🙂

Attachments:
      Jade
      Participant

I think the diffrence between a poem and a song is that songs repeat more than poems do so poems are better in my opinion.I dont think songs are fit to poems because poems are repetitive and songs are .I dont think that poems are fit to be songs because if you put something that is writen without music it is hard to put the beat together.Do you think that poems are fit to be songs and songs to be poems ?Although some poems can be made into songs and some songs can be made into poems they may have the same beats or pich or sounds simular !

Marnie
        Participant

Good work this week, Jade! 🙂

Attachments:
      SofiaL
      Participant

In my opinion songs can be a poem and they can’t be a poem as well.

The first example: Willow (Taylor swift). We can see the first two lyrics: I’m like the water when your ship rolled in that night, rough on the surface but you cut through like a knife.
      Well there is a simile hair I’m like some water, and you are like a ship. There is also a rhyme on the end ‘night and a knife. The second two lyrics:and if it was an open shut case, I never would’ve known from that look on your face. There is also a rhyme on the end ‘case and face’. The third two lyrics: Lost in your current like a priceless wine, the more that you say the less I know. It is beginning to not be like a poem, there’s no rhyme at the end, but there is a simile. The fourth two lyrics: whenever you stray I follow, I am begging for you to take my hand. This is probably not a poem. Until ‘Head on the pillow I could feel you sneaking in, as if you were a mythical thing’ here the rhythm comes back ‘in and thing’. Like you were a trophy or a champion ring, and there was one price I cheat to win this sentence have the rhyme and it is telling us a metaphor.

Second example: Bad guy. The first two lyrics: White shirt now read my bloody nose sleeping on your tippy toes. The rhyme here is nose and toes. The second lyrics: creeping around like no one knows think you’re so criminal now hair the crime is gone.

From the two examples I can see that and some songs they rhyme or have some poetic words, but in some they don’t rhyme at all.

Marnie
        Participant

Very interesting work this week, Sofia 🙂

Attachments:
      Alina
      Participant

This is week one homework.

Attachments:
        Marnie
        Participant

Really well done, Alina! 🙂

Attachments:
      Alina
      Participant

This is the homework for lesson 3.

Attachments:
        Marnie
        Participant

Fantastic work, Alina! 🙂

Attachments:
      Alina
      Participant

This is the homework for lesson 4.

Attachments:
        Marnie
        Participant

Well done, Alina! 🙂

Attachments:
      Alina
      Participant

This is my homework for lesson 5.

Attachments:
      Alina
      Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>This is the homework for lesson 5.</p>

Attachments:
        Marnie
        Participant

Very well done, Alina 🙂

Attachments:
      Vivienne
      Participant

Why songs could be considered as poems

Songs could be considered as poems because some songs are sometimes like poems, rhythmic. Sometimes songs are nothing like poems, every line has different amounts of words. Even if you considered a song as a poem, it would be a bad poem. Some song-writers tend to write song without music, while others write them while making up a tune.

Example 1: Ocean eyes – Billie Eilish

Lyrics:

I’ve been watchin’ you for some time

Can’t stop starin’ at those ocean eyes

Burning cities and napalm skies

Fifteen flares inside those ocean eyes

Your ocean eyes

This is the first section of ‘Ocean eyes’, if you read it without music, it’s kind of awkward and doesn’t make any sense. The last words of line two to five rhymes: eyes, skies, eyes, eyes. “Time” is the last word of line one, it doesn’t rhyme with eyes or skies. “Fifteen flares” uses aliteration that is often used in poems.

Example 2: All creatures of our God and King

Lyrics: All creatures of our God and King

Lift up your voice and with us sing,

Alleluia! Alleluia!

Thou burning sun with golden beam,

Thou silver moon with softer gleam!

O praise Him! O praise Him!

Alleluia! Alleluia! Alleluia!

This is the first two verses of “All creatures of God and king”. I chose this song as an example because the song it based on  poems. When you take out the music and read it, it sounds like an ‘okay’ poem. The first two lines of the music is “All creatures of our god and king, Lift up your voice and with us sing.” As you can see, it’s very rhythmic  like a poem. The las words of each line (king, sing), they rhyme (also like a poem) . The first two lines of the second verse (Thou burning sun with golden beam, Thou silver moon with softer gleam!), Beam and gleam rhyme too.

Marnie
        Participant

Good work this week, Tongtong! 🙂

Attachments:
      Vivienne
      Participant

Ivan (talking to himself) : Won’t little sis be scared?

Mom (Opens the door and comes in) : I’ve asked her already, she’s fine with the plan.

Ivan: MOM! -_-Hoooowwww maaaany times do i have to say ‘don’t me scare to death!!!!!!!!’

Mom: I noticed what a scarify cat you are, (laughs).

Ivan ( embarrassed):Hmph

Dad ( comes in ): Ivan, someones at the door, he requested to talk to you.

Ivan: ……Right……

At the door

Stranger (takes hat off and bowes) :Greetings, Ivan.

Ivan (lifts an eyebrow): Who in the world are you?

Stranger ( Takes of mask) :Ivan, remember me???

Ivan (gasps): Liam.

Liam (stranger): Ivan…where’s your pin?

Ivan(lies) :lost…

Liam: Ah okay, I’ll go now.

Ivan : You came here only for the pin?

Liam: yes, I’ll be going now.

Five days later.

BANG, CRASH, BOOM

Ivan(shouts) : what’s happening?!

Lindsy (Runs): Your ‘friend’ Liam, he…he crashed open the door and there was two pins that looked life half rainbows..and he…(cries), one rainbow was the one you gave me!!.

Marnie
        Participant

Nice work, Tongtong! 🙂

Attachments:
      Marnie
      Participant

Great work today, everyone! You all offered some really interesting points on tone, and answered a range of difficult questions! Attached is the PowerPoint, with the homework on the final slide. Happy writing, and I shall see you next week! 🙂

Attachments:
      VMWEdu
      Keymaster

Amanda’s homework.

Attachments:
        Marnie
        Participant

Well done for this homework! 🙂

Attachments:
      Jade
      Participant

Dear Maya,

Please open up the lollipop shop beacause everyone in town is dying scince you closed the lollipop shop , to be honest the candys were pretty good.I think you should keep the shop open because everyone loves it and it make me happy

From Jade

To Maya

Marnie
        Participant

Nice work 🙂

Attachments:
      SofiaL
      Participant

I do not think that boys are better than girls.

First boys cannot be accurate and cannot restrain themselves very good. Another word to say to restrain yourselves is to self-awareness ‘Boys are simply more self-aware than girls are. Boys know that once they have got out of bed in the morning, that is pretty much as good as they are going to look for the rest of the day. A quick wash and brush up, maybe a shave (according to personal and religious preferences) and that is it. We don’t spend time applying many different layers of make-up, or agonising over what to wear that day, because we know we’d only be trying to fool ourselves. And this then leads to…’ here it said from the internet it shows us that in some situation boys will change their daily routine and what everyone does for example brushing your teeth or having shower before going to school. But for a girl no matter what there are always 1, brush your teeth 2, wash yourself 3, makeup!

Both girls and boys have different hobbies running seems to be a symbol of boys, can girls run of course. The other way around if girls like to play with dolls, boys can play dolls oh never heard of. Girls can wear dresses and skirts. Can boys wear dresses? Girls can go to the bathroom together, would boys go to the toilet together.……there are many things that girls can do but boys can’t.

Marnie
        Participant

Interesting work, Sofia !

Attachments:
      Jade
      Participant

My favorate book character is Hiccup from How to train your dragon because he inspired his peolple that dragons were actually friendly and not mean.Hiccup is my favoraite because he is horoic and shot down a night fury [a type of dragon from the movie How to train your dragon]and also it was one of the most danerous dragons in the land and he was the only one that has shot own a night fury!But his farther dyed in the 2nd movie but he carried on and never gave up.

Marnie
        Participant

Good work, Jade!

Attachments:
      Marnie
      Participant

Very well done today, everyone! You all had some really perceptive ideas when discussing the role of the protagonist, as well as minor characters too! Attached is today’s PowerPoint, with the homework on the final slide. Keep up the good work, and I will see you all next week! 🙂

Attachments:
      SofiaL
      Participant

In the book Oliver Twist. My favourite character in the book is Nancy. There is a character called Nancy. She is a half good character and a half bad character.

In the beginning of the book Nancy was one of the bad guys. She was with the old nasty Fagin. In the book it said that Nancy was very beautiful. ‘Polite and delicate’ these were words that described. In the middle of the book it is bad Nancy turned bad. In the book it told us that when miss Nancy and Bill Sikes they pretended that they’re Oliver’s relatives. They’re doing this for old Fagin to think they’re very good. So, the bad people here are Fagan but not Nancy, Nancy is just doing what Fagan is wanting her to do. Hand after Nancy has been almost killed by Mr. Sikes she thinks that hanging around was old Fagan and there is horrible husband it is so meaningless and it does not have any interesting things. So, she starts helping Oliver and she thinks that in some ways helping Oliver is better than living with Bill. But down to where Nancy wanted to help Oliver it is because she knows that Oliver is an orphan and her live is similar to what Oliver has been doing and she betrayed Bill and Fagan to help him.

Overall an Oliver twist that I know especially bad characters and there are no especially good characters. All together in Oliver twist is like people around you they can be bad sometimes and they can be good in some ways as well.

Marnie
        Participant

Great writing, Sofia 🙂

Attachments:
      Marnie
      Participant

Great work, everyone! I really enjoyed hearing your different opinions on historical fiction and how you consider fact versus fiction. Attached is the PowerPoint from today, with the homework on the final slide. Have a lovely weekend and I’ll see you all next week! 🙂

Attachments:
      SofiaL
      Participant

As a stranger I have seen the whole process on the land. As we already know that it is the dogfight it’s between the Germans and the British, the Germans led by the leader Adolf Hitler, and the British led by the leader Winston Churchill. It was a total bad experience to see your country at war it is similar to see your loved ones being bullied or killed. And in that situation, it is kind of scary and you can feel the nervous in the because it was fighting in the sky so nobody could hear so much about it if I were in the sky I can’t hear bombs yes, I were a pilot in the sky I would feel scared and frightened and kind of miserable because of the noises the bombs made. And if I were miserable then I don’t know what to do so if I don’t think clearly this time then I might die in the fight so it’s very scary.  If I was I pilot in the sky I would be feeling sick first because I am flying a plane so I will feel sick in some ways secondly, I think hearing the noises of the bombs is a very scary thing to experience it is scary enough on land but It is fighting in the air. It must have been very noisy.

Marnie
        Participant

An immersive read, Sofia! 🙂

Attachments:
      Marnie
      Participant

Fantastic work today! I really enjoyed hearing your thoughts on Classics, and well done for discussing a tricky topic so well! Attached is this lesson’s PowerPoint with the homework details on the final slide. Have a lovely week ahead, everyone 🙂

Attachments:
      Vivienne
      Participant

My Favorite protagonist.

These few weeks,  I have been reading Spirit animals. There are a lot of protagonists, when i first read Spirit Animals, I wasn’t sure what happened because everything just seemed so confusing. I read the book a few times to get what happened. There are four main characters——Conner, Rollan, Meilin and Abeke. The one I like the most is Meilin. She’s headstrong, pretty, kind, caring and a really, really good fighter.

There are four continents in the world this story is in. This world is named Erdas and the four continents are Nilo, Zhong, Eura and Amaya. Actually. there are five continents——one that no one except the people who lie there know about…….Strestriol. It’s sort of an island continent. Meilin is Zhongese and is born in Jano Rion. She is the daughter of general Teng. She has dark, silky hair, beautiful brown eyes and has dark, thin brows.

She has one story that’s really insteresting. That day, she was on a mission with her friends to find the great beast——Suka the polar bear and find her talisman. They had a compass  from a woman who lived in the town nearest to Arctica——Samis, the woman is named Pia. And followed it, suddenly, it lit up and became hot, toooooooo hot to touch. Then it exploded. And.. they got to Suka without help the end.

Marnie
        Participant

Great written work, Tongtong! 🙂

Attachments:
      Vivienne
      Participant

My historical period setting

The Stonehenge is a historical site,  the unique stone circle was erected in the late Neolithic period about 2500 BC.  The Neolithic period is the final division of the Stone Age, with a wide-ranging set of developments that appear to have arisen independently in several parts of the world. It is first seen about 12,000 years ago when the first developments of farming appeared in the Epipalaeolithic Near East, and later in other parts of the world. The Neolithic lasted (in that part of the world) until the transitional period of the Chalcolithic from about 6,500 years ago (4500 BCE), marked by the development of metallurgy, leading up to the Bronze Age and Iron Age. Neolithic also means: new stone, it also mean that because the stone tool that were invented were much more useful than the tool that were made in the period earlier. The Neolithic started to raise cows, sheep and goats, they were kept for their meat, skin and  milk. They also began to grow thing to eat such as barley and rice, because of this, the tribes also stopped moving around and stayed in one place because they had all they needed. Thats called “sedentary”. Most of the tribes settle their villages near rivers for water sources.

Marnie
        Participant

Attached- good work, but please read my comments carefully 🙂

Attachments:
      Alina
      Participant

This is the homework for week 7 and 8.

Attachments:
        Marnie
        Participant

Great work! 🙂

Attachments:
      Vivienne
      Participant

Classic books

I consider books to be classics when they are well known and probably the best of it’s kind. Google says: A classic is an outstanding example of a particular style; something of lasting worth or with a timeless quality; of the first or highest quality, class, or rank – something that exemplifies its class. Classic can be books for children too, ‘The Hungry Caterpillar’ is considered as a classic by many people. Classics are differently written in different periods, the classics written in the twenties might have more technology than the olden classics. My favorite book is Spirit animals. It’s an really intresting book, but not many people know the book so I wouldn’t consider it as a classic. My favorite classic book is Matilda. Like ‘The hungry caterpillar’, a lot of people consider it as a classic. It’s about a girl who’s mother and father don’t really like her and of course, her teacher who aunt is the headmistress of the school. Matilda finds out she has this power which can move things without toughing it using her eyes. Her teachers aunt (the headmistress) lives in the house with was meant to be for Matilda’s teacher so Matilda helps her teacher with her unique power. This book is by Roald Dahl and was published in 1988. It’s quite old and is the best known book by Roald Dahl so yeah, that’s why I consider this book as a classic.

Marnie
        Participant

Nice writing, Tongtong!

Attachments:
      SofiaL
      Participant

Lesson 9

In my opinion, the book Wonder should be considered as a classic. First, a classic is a book that is been useful to learn and is able for all ages. Wonder is a book that made me develop my mind.
      This is a book that tells about a disability boy called Auggie, going to school and what happened in school. Well, disability in here does not mean that he lost an arm or a leg, and it probably does mean that he had six fingers, the only problem is that his face was a bit ugly it doesn’t mean that he is unhealthy. Although it looks bad on the outside, but it was perfectly normal in the inside. Because of his face he had been made a joke in school and a particular bad boy made fun of him, but he had a friend who always protected him. So, there was a fight between the friend and the Bully.
      This book helped me a lot after I read this book I got through two different things in different times. Two of them was all being bullied the first one is similar to the situation of his sister Via. The first thing was like this me and my friend were very good friend but in 4th grade she just stopped talking to me and she changed a lot she began to play things that are cooler. It is similar to what happened to Auggie’s sister Via. my thoughts Miranda might be surprised, that is because she and Via had hardly talked to each other, but suddenly Via was acting they were old friends like before. Miranda might feel regret as well, due to she was pretending to be Via, but she didn’t tell her.
      As a result, if I were Miranda I will tell the truth, one to one with Via and apologize to her. So, my conclusion is she might think that via is a good friend if she wants to be friends with me, I am going to be friends with her again

Marnie
        Participant

Lovely work, Sofia 🙂

Attachments:
      Marnie
      Participant

Very well done, everyone! I really enjoyed discussing war fiction with you all today, including why it is valuable to read. Attached is the PowerPoint, with the homework on the final slide. Have a great week ahead 🙂

Attachments:
      Vivienne
      Participant

Eline is one of my closest friends in China, she is going to be 11 years old this year. She loves to joke and is super good at joking! She makes me laugh all the time, I have another friend, her name is Jessica. Jessicas stern and really intelligent. She’s super kind too! Eline, Jessica and I are best friends, we all live pretty far away and really close to each other. Me and Jessica are in the same neighborhood, while Eline’s neighborhood is opposite ours. Eline’s favored color is purple and white, every Friday, in school, we get to wear clothes of our own and Eline’s clothing never changes. A violet hoodie and a pair of white shorts. Jessica prepreffered color is gray and yellow. She like gray shorts and canary yellow t-shirt. Jessica’s favorite place is the beach, she always goes there on her birthday. Every time, a different one. Eline like to go to theme parks. The closest one and the only one that is near is Happy Valley. It’s a twenty-minute drive to there. There’s lots of rides——roller coasters, racing boats, water-balloon fights, rides that go upside down, pirate boat ride……….I especially like the pirate boat and so does Eline! My favorite place is Happy valley. Eline moved to this school in grade four like me, but contrasiting me, her grade are dropping, she nearly never gets scores over 90. Jessica has the best grades out of all of us, she nearly always gets something above ninety in maths, English, Chinese and science. I’m like the middle person. I can get above ninety in maths and English but not Chinese and science. Jessica fancies maths the best, so does Eline and I. It’s facile and compulsive. Sometimes it could be stimulating.

Marnie
        Participant

Good writing this week, Tongtong! 🙂

Attachments:
      SofiaL
      Participant

In this story I am a servant in the royal family. This is a time when the English are deciding whether to go on with the Nazi Party or not.  In this time a hero returns to his position he starts to have the power of the English armed forces, this meat that he has a very difficult case.
      At the beginning of the novel, it talks about how Churchill had been through his dark ages how he got back his position of prime minister. He had been a prime minister before and how he got back the position by his endeavor he had great courage to be prime minister.
      In the middle, it is similar to the movie 《darkest hour》it talks about the WWII times of how he made the decision and about how bad and about how bad the Nazi Party did in the end.
      Churchill was a great leader he made people believe that he was a great leader and without doubt he had great decisions on things however he had a a trait that I really inspire that is despite that when Hitler promised that he will do a great job and how chamberlain promised that they were no wars. What Churchill did was very historical is that when he promised that he will make a good decision and when promised that he is a good leader he really is what he told became true at the end this is the main point I wanted to express.

Marnie
        Participant

Lovely work, Sofia! 🙂

Attachments:
Viewing 38 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar