K-THUR-1800

Forums Computer Science and Programming K-THUR-1800

Viewing 42 reply threads
  • Author
      VMWEdu
      Keymaster
      KyleS
      Participant

Attached is the slides used in our lesson week 1, and the homework to be completed before next class in week 2. Have a great week, and get in contact with the administrator if you need any help.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      KyleS
      Participant

Attached are png file screenshots of the coding homework solutions.

HW1.2_P1.png -> Problem 1 “Explosions”

HW1.2_P2.png -> Problem 2 “Ground Boom”

HW1.2_P3.png -> Problem 3 “Villagers and Zombies”

HW1.2_P4.png -> Problem 4 “Killed Chicken Trap”

See you all in class tomorrow!

Attachments:
      KyleS
      Participant

Attached are the slides from our lesson in week 2, and the homework to be completed before week 3. If you have any questions at all please let me know. Have a great week!

Attachments:
      Maximilian
      Participant

my homework for this week

Maximilian
      Participant

I tried to sent the homework as a PDF file it doesn’t seem to work.

Attachments:
      Maximilian
      Participant

It works with word hurrah!

KyleS
      Participant

Attached are the solutions for the variables and binary worksheet that was assigned for homework. We will go over these in class tomorrow, and discuss what “string or boolean” means as the answer to some of the questions. These are just my answers, but a few of the questions don’t just have one answer, so if you have something different it doesn’t mean yours is wrong.

As for the superpower part of the homework – if it was not clear, you aren’t required to code your entire superpower before next class. You just need to at least come up with what you want to make, and we will have some time to work on it in class together. It is not a problem if you started or even finished your super power code, we will just add even more to it in class then. See you all tomorrow!

Attachments:
      KyleS
      Participant

The server is now running on 1.17. Here is a tutorial you can follow to get your game to run on 1.17 so you are able to connect to the server:

Once you have done that, the homework for this week is attached. As usual, please complete this homework for next week’s class. Have a great week!

Attachments:
      KyleS
      Participant

Sorry class, I did not post the slides along with last week’s homework. If you would like to review them they are attached to this post. The coding homework solutions will be posted on Wednesday, and make sure you get done all parts of our homework before Thursday’s class.

Attachments:
      KyleS
      Participant

HW3_P1.png -> Problem 1 “Snow Golems”

HW3_P2.png -> Problem 2 “Print x”

HW3_P3.png -> Problem 3 “Elytra Setup”

NOTE: All 3 problems have multiple solutions. These are the solutions that were easiest, but if your code is doing what the problem asked, it is likely correct as well. Problem 3 was meant to be a serious challenge, so congratulations if you were able to do that one before I posted these solutions. Where I have “@s” in my code, you could have any of the options other than “@c” and it would be equally correct. See you all in class tomorrow!

Attachments:
      KyleS
      Participant

Attached are the slides from our lesson in week 4, and the homework to be completed before week 5. If you have any questions at all please let me know. Have a great week!

Attachments:
      KyleS
      Participant

HW1.4_P1.png -> Problem 1 “Fox Runner”

HW1.4_P2.png -> Problem 2 “Boom Maker”

HW1.4_P3.png -> Problem 3 “Villagers and Zombies”

HW1.4_P4.png -> Problem 4 “Killed Villager”

NOTE: The code for problem 4 is misleading. The way that makecode works has it so only the default type of villager works with this command, so when you test the code it will likely appear to not be working. If you had what is in the screenshot, you did it right. If you try changing it to another animal like a chicken, and it will work perfectly.

Attachments:
      KyleS
      Participant

Attached are the slides from our lesson in week 5, and the homework to be completed before week 6. If you have any questions at all please let me know. As promised, my code for the house is provided under “Housebuild.png”, if you need a starting point for the homework. Have a great week!

Attachments:
      KyleS
      Participant

Attached are PNG file screenshots of the coding homework solutions. These are the hardest problems we’ve worked with yet, so great job if you were able to get either done before seeing these solutions. As discussed in class, we did these in block code and saw how that affected our python code, so I am posting the block code form of the solutions.

HW5_P1.png -> Problem 1 “x By y”

HW5_P2.png -> Problem 2 “Swimming Pool”

See you all in class tomorrow!

Attachments:
      KyleS
      Participant

A student pointed out that the solution for question 1 isn’t actually correct. You are right! Thank you for letting me know. I uploaded the wrong file by mistake, and the one I uploaded just prints out x divided by y instead of x times y divided by 2. The correct solution is attached to this post. See you all in an hour.

Attachments:
      KyleS
      Participant

Attached are the slides from our lesson in week 6, and the homework to be completed before week 7. If you have any questions at all, as always, please let me know. If you could also send your copy-pasted python code (or a screenshot of the block code) for you house builder assignment, that would be great. You can feel free to post it here, or get your parents to have it sent to me. Have a great week!

Attachments:
      KyleS
      Participant

Attached are the solutions to the logical operators worksheet problems. These were pretty hard, so really great job if you got any of them right. I’ll be going over them in class as well (as usual). See you all soon!

Attachments:
      KyleS
      Participant

Attached are the slides used in the week 7 class, and the homework to be completed for next week. See you all soon!

Attachments:
      KyleS
      Participant

Attached are the slides used in the week 8 class, and the homework to be completed for next week. See you all soon!

Attachments:
      KyleS
      Participant

Attached are the slides we used in week 9, and the homework to be completed before our week 10 class (that came so quickly! great job everyone, I’m so impressed with you all). Definitely try to get a start on your homework assignment early, because this is the biggest one we have had so far and you won’t want to procrastinate it to the last minute. See you all in a short while!

Attachments:
      dudu
      Participant

my project codes (the second and last are quite lazy, i couldn’t thnk of anything) 😁

<audio style=”display: none;” controls=”controls”></audio>

Attachments:
      Ethan
      Participant

This is my code for the last assignment.

Attachments:
      Ethan
      Participant

Third page

Attachments:
      Annie
      Participant

Ello, Uhh my work is a bit lazy-done, mostly because I was on holiday most of the time (and procrastinating.)

Attachments:
      Danna
      Participant

Hi Kyle

This is my work on the fighter/ builder challenge.

Hope this finds  you well

Danna

Attachments:
      KyleS
      Participant

Attached are our week 1 slides, and the homework to finish for week 2. The homework is designed to be rather easy this week, and more so just to practice setting up a project file yourself. Sorry for the delay in posting, I didn’t think we were using the same forum so I was waiting for a different one to appear to post to. See you all in a few days!

Attachments:
      Danna
      Participant

this is my homework for week 1

Attachments:
      Danna
      Participant

and this one is the animal names one

Danna
      Participant

see ya

Danna
      Participant

Attachments:
      KyleS
      Participant

Attached are the slides we used in our week 2 class, and the homework to be completed for week 3. Good luck everyone!

Attachments:
      KyleS
      Participant

Attached are the slides we used in our week 3 class, and the homework to be completed for week 4. The homework this week is pretty light, so I encourage you to do some experimenting with redstone on the server. You can always build anything you are inspired to on our class server, and if you want to show off what you make I will make time for that in our next class together. Try going through some of the sources we talked about in class, and try making some of the projects yourself if you have the time. Good luck everyone!

Attachments:
      KyleS
      Participant

My mistake everyone. This material is going to be used in our class tomorrow, so just ignore that post for now. This will be the homework to do for next week, so if you’re reading this after our week 3 class just scroll up to find our homework for this week. Thanks

KyleS
      Participant

Attached are the slides we used in our week 4 class, and the homework to be completed for week 5. The homework this week is pretty light, so I encourage you to do some experimenting with redstone on the server. You can always build anything you are inspired to on our class server, and if you want to show off what you make I will make time for that in our next class together. Try going through some of the sources we talked about in class, and try making some of the projects yourself if you have the time. Good luck everyone!

Attachments:
      Danna
      Participant

hello

this is my lists worksheet

Danna

Attachments:
      Danna
      Participant

where is the homework

KyleS
      Participant

Attached is the homework to be completed for next week.

Attachments:
      KyleS
      Participant

Sorry class, I forgot to post the homework to do for this sunday. It’s attached to this message.

Attachments:
      KyleS
      Participant

Attached is the homework to be completed for our week 8 class.

Attachments:
      KyleS
      Participant

Attached is the homework to be completed for next week’s (week 9) class. Sorry for uploading this a bit late. See you all soon!

Attachments:
      Alan
      Participant

My command prompt says that pip is not recognized as an internal or external command for pip install playsound

KyleS
      Participant

Below is the link you can use to submit your final coding projects. If you have any questions, or couldn’t figure out some component that you wanted to have – it’s not too late to ask for help on it. Thanks, it’s been a pleasure working with all of you for these last 2 courses.

https://forms.gle/Df2QpFzHTY6LRU1V7

– Kyle

Viewing 42 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar