Forums Writing Junior Writing 2(Asia)

Viewing 111 reply threads
  • Author
      VMWEdu
      Keymaster
      Beth
      Participant

Summary for Lesson 1

In this week’s lesson we looked at persuasive writing. The powerpoint with all of the resources is attached below, which should be used to help write the persuasive letters assigned for homework. This week we looked at creating characters, specifically superheroes, and then looked at the conventions of letter writing, with a view to writing a persuasive letter from the perspective of a superhero applying to superhero academy. The attached powerpoint includes some persuasive techniques discussed in class along with a full explanation of the homework. Everyone worked really well this week, ots of amazing energy and ideas. I was very impressed with how imaginative everyone was in creating their characters and then in thinking about persuasive writing more generally. Great work!

Homework: 

Homework

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Yunlung
      Participant

Yunlung homework1

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Yunglung,

Great work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you later on today 🙂

Attachments:
        ZoeZ
        Participant

Hi!here is the Zoe’s homework

Attachments:
      Luca
      Participant

Ryan homework

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Ryan,

Fantastic work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you tomorrow 🙂

Attachments:
      Luca
      Participant

Anna L homework

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Anna,

Outstanding work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you tomorrow 🙂

Attachments:
      Luca
      Participant

karus homework

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Karus,

Excellent work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you later on today 🙂

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Summary for Lesson 2

In this week’s lesson we looked at informative writing, specifically writing instructions. The powerpoint with all of the resources is attached below, which should be used to help write the instructional task assigned for homework. This week we looked at treating our readers as aliens, exactly how specific you have to be when writing instructions, the things that can go wrong if you aren’t specific enough, and our top ten tips for instructional writing. The attached powerpoint includes some the techniques that should be used when writing the homework on Slide 6, along with lots of ideas to get the class thinking about how to explain in the clearest, more concise and understandable way. Everyone worked like an absolute dream in todays classes, I was so impressed with the energy, contributions and enthusiasm that everyone brought with them to the lesson. I had a lot of fun discussing how to communicate instructions to an alien, and thought everyone’s work in response was really fantastic. Really well done guys, keep it up! I look forward to our next lesson together 🙂

Homework 

Homework

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Summary for Lesson 2

In this week’s lesson we looked at informative writing, specifically writing instructions. The powerpoint with all of the resources is attached below, which should be used to help write the instructional task assigned for homework. This week we looked at treating our readers as aliens, exactly how specific you have to be when writing instructions, the things that can go wrong if you aren’t specific enough, and our top ten tips for instructional writing. The attached powerpoint includes some the techniques that should be used when writing the homework on Slide 6, along with lots of ideas to get the class thinking about how to explain in the clearest, more concise and understandable way. Everyone worked like an absolute dream in todays classes, I was so impressed with the energy, contributions and enthusiasm that everyone brought with them to the lesson. I had a lot of fun discussing how to communicate instructions to an alien, and thought everyone’s work in response was really fantastic. Really well done guys, keep it up! I look forward to our next lesson together 🙂

Homework 

Homework

Attachments:
      Luca
      Participant

Eric Liao

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Eric,

Lovely work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you tomorrow 🙂

Attachments:
      Luca
      Participant

ko hei jit

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Hei Jit,

Superb work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you tomorrow 🙂

Attachments:
      Luca
      Participant

Danny D

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Danny,

Brilliant work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you tomorrow 🙂

Attachments:
      Luca
      Participant

Tia X

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Tia,

Gorgeous work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you tomorrow 🙂

Attachments:
      VMWEduChina
      Keymaster

Eva Y

Beth
        Participant

Hi Eva,

Wonderful work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you tomorrow 🙂

Attachments:
      VMWEduChina
      Keymaster

zelin

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Zelin,

Some great work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you tomorrow 🙂

Attachments:
      VMWEduChina
      Keymaster

Zoe Z

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Zoe,

Fab work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      VMWEduChina
      Keymaster

Angela X

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Angela,

Amazing work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you tomorrow 🙂

Attachments:
      VMWEduChina
      Keymaster

zoe

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Zoe,

Great work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      VMWEduChina
      Keymaster

AnnaL

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Anna,

Amazing work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      VMWEduChina
      Keymaster

Tia

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Tia,

Brilliant work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      VMWEduChina
      Keymaster

Eric Liao

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Eric,

Fantastic work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      VMWEduChina
      Keymaster

Dear teacher,
      This is the homework for the creative writing of week 2, please check if there are any problems, Thank you!😄💯

Angela X

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Angela,

Gorgeous work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      VMWEduChina
      Keymaster

Ryan

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Ryan,

Wonderful work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      VMWEduChina
      Keymaster

Hei Jit

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Hei Jit,

Super work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      VMWEduChina
      Keymaster

Danny hw2

VMWEdu
      Keymaster

Harry’s homework

Attachments:
      AnnaL
      Participant

Dear Ms.Beth,

I don’t know to how to delete the wrong version of my wring homework 2, so I am attaching the right version here again. Hopefully you can identify it.Thank you very much.

Attachments:
      EricL
      Participant

First, go to a place that have a lot water which is the bathroom.

Second, get a stick with some spikey hair on it which is a toothbrush.

Third, get the thing that is squishy witch is a toothpaste and squeeze the interesting white thing in it. I am not trying to kill you.

Fourth, put it into your mouth and brush it on your white thing in your red mouth.

Fifth, open the tap and some water will come out.

Sixth, use a cup and get some water. Remember not to waste water.

Seventh, gurgle the water in your mouth. Remember do not drink the water.

Eighth, spit the water out of your red mouth.

Ninth, clean the white thing in your red mouth until there are no more.

Tenth, wipe your mouth with a towel or a tissue.

Now you have a clean teeth.

Lastly, you can go out now.

RainL
      Participant
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Rain,

Fab work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      Karus
      Participant

Lesson 2 writing homework. From Karus.

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Karus,

Good work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      Amy L
      Participant

Should homework be banned?

Homework is schoolwork that students are required to do at home. A lot of students think homework should be banned because they think it is a source of stress that it can result in lack of sleep. In my opinion, homework should not be banned for a lot of reasons.

Firstly, homework deepens your understanding of a subject. Imagine you’re studying IT Technology and you’re assigned to do a report on applying a particular technology in the education system, for example. To show an in-depth analysis of the issue, you need to search for additional information. It is true that you’re likely to spend a considerable amount of time, but you’ll know more about IT technology. This way, you broaden your knowledge of the field of study.

Secondly, homework improves students’ time management skills. Imagine you’re studying IT Technology and you’re assigned to do a report on applying a particular technology in the education system, for example. To show an in-depth analysis of the issue, you need to search for additional information. It is true that you’re likely to spend a considerable amount of time, but you’ll know more about IT technology. This way, you broaden your knowledge of the field of study.

Thirdly, homework teaches students to concentrate. How to get concentrated? Just do homework every day because concentration is like a muscle. And what do our muscles need? Some regular exercises to strengthen. So go on or start doing your homework every day to improve your ability to focus and sustain your attention.

Fourthly, homework ensures independence. Homework gives students the independence to carry out various tasks on their own. Don’t miss this opportunity at school, college or university. It is imperative to give students enough space and tools to do homework on their own before rescuing them. Parents shouldn’t be wide-eyed by asking where all that super glue from the garage vanished or why the fish was dead in the tank with purple colored water. Allow students to develop independence and responsibility for their future life

Fifthly, homework develops students problem solving skills .Students face a variety of problems every day starting from academic issues to relationships with friends and family. Yet, few of them have a formula for solving those problems. It is exactly what homework can help you with. Become a good problem solver in the future. Many homework tasks make students solve various problems, for example, while writing an essay with a hypothetical question “what would happen if …”. Students need to address the question topic in their essays by providing some solutions or suggestions of how to solve a problem. Unfortunately, there isn’t the only way in which all problems can be solved straight away. But you always can solve any particular problem quickly, having a possible solution at hand.

Anyway, homework must be required in study.  It helps you to revise , to learn new things and to handle your after school hours better. If homework is banned, a lot of students will be playing after school hours. But when they reach high school, they will have a lot of homework and they will not handle it. So, homework should not be banned.

Beth
      Participant

Summary for Lesson 3

In today’s lesson we looked at the fundamental elements of story-writing, thinking particularly about the genre of suspense. The powerpoint with all of the resources is attached below and should be used to help plan and write the suspense story paragraphs assigned for homework. The powerpoint contains lots of ideas on suspenseful techniques, story arc structure, setting the scene using weather, the idea of ‘show, don’t tell’ and also the picture prompt that should be used to inspire the stories assigned for homework. Everyone did really well in today’s class, everybody picked up on the techniques and ingredients needed when writing a suspense story really quickly, and I was really impressed by everyone’s creativity.

Homework: 

Homework

Attachments:
        Ryan W
        Participant

Teacher,this is my lesson 3 homework.thank you.

Ryan W
      Participant

NIGHTMARE

PS. This story contains frightful fright

If you are still reading this book, I WARNED YOU!!!

It was a wonderful day at survival camp, the sun was shining brightly onto the wooden cabins, the waves were splashing onto the rocks on the shore, the clouds were as white as cotton candy and everyone was having a very enjoyable time. Jones and Naya were walking down the dirt trail to the harbour, they were both feeling very nervous. Today, they were learning about sailing survival skills.Their cabinmates, Harry and Albert joined them along the way, together they chatted about what adventure they will have today. First they have to go to the cafeteria to fetch some food to eat, and then they’ll have to go back to the cabins and fetch their sailing gear. At the cafeteria they served congee or toast. They all chose congee because they knew that the toast was as hard as rock, camp food wasn’t that good. After eating a not-that-wonderful breakfast, the four kids walked back to the cabin. Jones had to eat a chocolate bar he secretly snuck from home cause he heard how awful food at camp was! Naya was fine with the food, she doesn’t like eating that much, especially toast. They got their gear and went to the camp harbour. They didn’t see their group teacher there, but that was only the start of this amazing adventure…

Beth
        Participant

Hi Ryan,

Incredible work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      RainL
      Participant

Horrible night

This is a adventure ( not too scary but maybe a bit scary) story.

Once upon a time there were two kids living on a spooky island surrounded by tornadoes. One day, a old, dusty ship came to the island so the two kids went on the ship. They saw a shadow walking towards them so they had to run. They got to the end of the ship and hid behind some broken wooden boxes. They saw the shadow is moving slowly towards them so they jumped down the ship and started swimming. Suddenly, the old, dusty ship stopped moving and a loud noice attracted their attention. “Boom” a bullet flew next to them. Both of the kids were scared and didn’t know what to do! They started to sink and fell in the sea. When they woke up, they saw they were on the island again. “It must the monster, he took us back!” one of the kid shouted. The other kid ran to their tree house and saw the pirate ship is leaving the island. “You are right! It is the monster who took us back to this small island!” The other kid agreed. But then, a tornado attacked the small island and everything went in the tornado. The two kids flew up the sky and started to turn and turn and turn… Finally, the tornado is leaving. The two kids fell down and landed on the ship. They saw a pirate hat and some treasure. Then they saw a dead body next to the treasure. One of the kid cried “ He is a pirate, not a monster!”. They threw all the treasure down the ship and took some food. They wanted to go back to the island but they got lost. One of the kid suggest they should get back on the ship but the other doesn’t want to go back on the ship. So they splited up. But when they started to continue with their plan, the ship saw both of them and caught them. The pirate locked both of them in a dirty, small room. They wanted to escape but they can’t. They kicked the door and tried to open it. At last, the door broke. Both of the kids escaped from the evil pirates’
      ship and went back to the island.

Beth
        Participant

Hi Rain,

Attachments:
      EricL
      Participant

Last summer vacation, I stayed in Canada with my brother and my parents.

I read the newspaper and it said that there is a ghost in the hotel. I showed them the newspaper, but they said that there is no ghost in the world. So, I keep reading the newspaper. We feel so bored, so we open the TV. The news also said that there is a ghost in the hotel. So, me and my brother want to check the hotel. We saw people carrying their things running away from the hotel. We asked one of them, but he said just do not go in. But we still go in to check. We go into the room with a guy. He asked our name and he is our neighbor.

At that night, we did not see anything, but a golden hair and the ghost’s hair is also gold in the news. We asked the lady who clean the room if she had seen anything, but she did not see anything, also. So, we planned. That night, we did not sleep, and we waited until someone came out beside our neighbor. The ghost looked at us and said” goooooo hooooome Errriiiiiccc, it is dangeooooorouse hear.” And next it said,” Alan take your faammiiily home and don’t come baaack.” And the ghost goes back to the exit. We ran after the ghost. But it disappeared. The only thing we have found is a golden hair again. So, we are very sure that yesterday’s ghost is the same one. We knew that the ghost knows us because it says our name and call us to go back home that night. We think that it is our neighbor because he asked our name yesterday. We asked the cleaning lady to open the door and we check the room. But we have seen nothing but a photo of our neighbor. The cleaning lady told us that they move to the 1653 room, so we have gone there. We saw the sword the ghosts had; it is made up of wood. We also found the ghosts head under the bed.

At last, our neighbor got sent to jail and the hotel keep on working. And we became a detective.

Beth
        Participant

Hi Eric,

Superb work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      Yunlung
      Participant

<p style=”text-align: center;”>Cooking
      One Sunny day in USA at 1:00 am there was a boy called Hoe and he loves cooking. One day he loved it so much that he wants to do it every time. However  he looked at his picture of cooking he was surprised. But when he find his parents he can’t find them. After that he played for an hour. Then he was hungry he cooked himself 2 fried eggs. He wanted to go to the park by 10:30. but he need to find parents to walk there. He find and find  and finally found his parents. They walked and walked until it was 1:00 then he wanted to buy something so he tried to find them. But he couldn’t find them…</p>
      <p style=”text-align: right;”>   lesson 3 homework</p>

Beth
        Participant

Hi Yunlung,

Attachments:
      Karus
      Participant

Writing Lesson 3 Homework

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Karus,

Attachments:
      Danny
      Participant

Lesson 3 homework

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Danny,

Fabulous work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      EvanZ
      Participant

In winter on 1945 I’m bored I read a newspaper when something caught my eyes. It says that people are missing when the go to the park. But there is a clue a pice of light gray fur,a fur that belongs to a wolf but not any wolf a wolf that is half human and half wolf we know that because this fur is shorter than wolf fur. There is still one more clue that this thing howls at full moon some people say that fur belongs to a ware wolf.10 days later 100 people are missing from the park. just yesterday a bit of blood was on the park bench.

Beth
        Participant

Hi Evan,

Attachments:
      HeiJK
      Participant

Suspense writing from Hei Jit

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Hei Jit,

Attachments:
      Angela
      Participant

Dear teacher,

this is week 3’s homework, thank you if you can check it.

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Angela,

Incredible work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      AnnaL
      Participant

Sorry that my homework is one day late, I think I read the due date wrong. I thought the homework was due next Wednesday.

Sorry for the lateness.

Please help me check my work. Thank you.

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Anna, no worries!

Spectacular work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      TiaX
      Participant

One day, a monster went to two children’s house.The monster wanted to eat the two children. But the two children ran around their house so that the monster can’t eat the two children. “Please don’t eat us, we are not yummy!” Said the two children shaking.

“Oh! I love to eat children!” Said the monster crossly. “Oh don’t eat my sister eat me!” Said one of the two children. “Oh brother! I don’t want to lose you!” Said one of the two children. “Are you two little children wasting my time?” Asked the monster.

“Oh we aren’t wasting you time! We are thinking who will be your dinner tonight.” Said one of the two children. “Oh! That is what I expected! Do it faster!” Said the monster angrily. “We will do our best.” Said one of the two children. Ten minutes past. “Are you done yet?” Asked the monster. “Nearly, we need 30 minutes.”. “Well that is a lot of time!”. 30 minutes past. “My big brother will be eaten by you, I will miss you brother!”. “I will miss you too my little sister!.” The monster grab the olderchildren up and ate the older children. “Oh no!” “Oh yes!” . “Now!” Said the monster “I will gobble you up!” “Oh No!” “Oh Yes!”. “I am very hungry now! Please do not waste my time!” Said the monster hungrily. “No! No! No! No!”. “Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!”. “3! 2! 1!” “I am eating you now!”. The younger children ran around her home. “Wait! Wait for me!” Said the monster. “Ha! ha! You can’t catch me!” Said the younger children. “Ah!” The monster tripped! “Today I can’t eat you but someday I will eat you!” “Phew!” Said the younger children. “It’s good that the monster did not eat me!” “Phew!”.

Beth
        Participant

Hi Tia,

Attachments:
      Beth
      Participant

Summary for Lesson 4

In today’s lesson we looked at descriptive writing. The powerpoint with all of the resources is attached below, which should be used to help plan and write the descriptive stories assigned for homework. The powerpoint outlines lots of different ideas and pieces of inspiration for the descriptive writing homework, and includes a skeleton plan for creating a character profile, some thoughts on how to use literary techniques and examples of descriptive writing from the Harry Potter books. Everyone contributed some brilliant thoughts today, and there was some really lovely energy and discussions in our lesson. I was really impressed by the use of literary techniques and vivid descriptive and sensory language, as well as with the creativity that everyone exhibited when coming up with ideas for their magical schools. Well done guys, remember to have fun writing your descriptive pieces! 🙂

Homework

Homework

Attachments:
        Ryan W
        Participant

First day at Gamingworld

It was a wonderful day in New York City, the statue of liberty was standing proudly with the waves rocking peacefully. Jack Einstein was sitting in his room playing Battle Royal (VIDEO GAME). He loved video games, his family had to install a television everywhere, the kitchen, his room, the dining table, the swimming pool, the upper deck, the lower deck, the cellar, the garage, the balcony, the hallways and even the bathroom! So they spent ten thousand dollars on televisions and video games.Oh, and did I mention that Jack’s dad is the richest man in the world?

Since young Jack loved gaming so much, he got accepted to the Gamingworld international gaming school. He heard that gaming world is huge, you just play video games all day long with your private gaming instructor, there is an X-box room, a Nintendo switch room which has all the games you can get on a switch, there is a television gaming room, a computer gaming room, a phone gaming room, a I pad gaming room, a creativity gaming room, and a gaming battlefield!

So on the first day to Gaming world, Jack stuffed a television and a console into his bag! The bus of course was video game themed and has twenty televisions, one for each. On the bus, he made friends with a guy called Mcflurry who always eats mcflurry while gaming. He also made friends with another guy called Carlos.

When they arrived at the school, they saw the school but it was shaped like a gaming console.They walked on the path made out of televisions and looked at the humongous school.

They ran inside the school and met their instructor, Jack’s instructor is also called jack. Together they played video games for the rest of the day.

Beth
          Participant

Hi Ryan,

Attachments:
      Angela
      Participant

this is the homework for week 4, thanks 🙂

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Angela,

Lovely work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      Yunlung
      Participant

<p style=”text-align: center;”>First time at JNHBschool</p>
      <p style=”text-align: center;”>hello my name is Myusernamenothing . And I am nine years old my school name is called hgffyjnhb school. Looks more like a castle instead. There are five teachers they all teach magic. I like the second one because it also teaches science. I don’t have any friends but I’m always happy.I like to go to the school because there is science  and I like science.</p>
      <p style=”text-align: left;”>Yunlung</p>
      <p style=”text-align: left;”>lesson4.                                                                                                             28/7/2020

</p>
      <p style=”text-align: left;”></p>

Beth
        Participant

Hi Yunlung,

Some lovely work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      Karus
      Participant

Lesson 4 homework

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Karus,

Attachments:
      HeiJK
      Participant

Lesson 4 Descriptive Writing

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Hei Jit,

Marvellous work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      AlanL
      Participant

Hello, my name is Jake. I am 17 years old and my school is called the Floored School. You must get into the lift and wait for one hour and thirty minutes, but there are many things you can do in the lift like the playground in the lift. You better bring everything you need or else you will have to go down and wait for one hour and thirty minutes to go down and go up that means three hours. Last time, one of our classmates named Tristan, he forgot something, so he gets in the lift and get back up. He used three hours to get his things. So, our teacher told everyone to just jump down with a parachute, her name is called Miss Candy and she teaches how to read a dragon and magical power. She is dumb but creative. On that day, we all used a parachute down, but we have encountered problems but luckily, no one died. I asked Miss Candy why we do not use our own dragon to fly down and fly back. So, we tried it that night and it really worked. So, we don’t need the lift and we go to school early every day.Hello, my name is Jake. I am 17 years old and my school is called the Floored School. You must get into the lift and wait for one hour and thirty minutes, but there are many things you can do in the lift like the playground in the lift. You better bring everything you need or else you will have to go down and wait for one hour and thirty minutes to go down and go up that means three hours. Last time, one of our classmates named Tristan, he forgot something, so he gets in the lift and get back up. He used three hours to get his things. So, our teacher told everyone to just jump down with a parachute, her name is called Miss Candy and she teaches how to read a dragon and magical power. She is dumb but creative. On that day, we all used a parachute down, but we have encountered problems but luckily, no one died. I asked Miss Candy why we do not use our own dragon to fly down and fly back. So, we tried it that night and it really worked. So, we don’t need the lift and we go to school early every day.

Beth
        Participant

Attachments:
      RainL
      Participant

Hi, my name is bogdog and I am twelve years old. I don’t have friends because all the people in my school are animals and I am the only human in my school.

Today was my first day of school in dogwarts, the school corridor was soooooo long that I had to walk to my classroom for 10 minutes. The corridor had lots of pictures of dogs, cats and other animals. My classroom was at the end of the corridor which is next to the office. Everyday I could see our principal Mr Doggy walking to his office. Our teacher introduced our co principal Mrs Catty to us. Mr doggy taught us how to make potions and at the end of class, he taught everyone how to make ice creams! “SPASH” my ice cream fell on the floor, I was so upset and was about to cry. At this time, Mrs Catty gave me her ice cream to make me feel better. Mrs Catty’s ice cream was strawberry flavored and had a piece of chocolate on top of it. It was the most delicious ice cream I ever tasted!

Next, we had play time. Everyone were allowed to bring their pet to school. My classmate darry dorter brought his owl to school. I don’t really know how the owl flew here because our school was on mars. Everyday we took the rocket to school and it only costs 3 minutes to get to mars from earth!

Overall, if I had the chance to give stars to my school, I would give it FIVE stars!

Beth
        Participant

Hi Rain,

Attachments:
      AlanL
      Participant

hi

EricL
      Participant

Hello, my name is Jake. I am 17 years old and my school is called the Floored School. You must get into the lift and wait for one hour and thirty minutes, but there are many things you can do in the lift like the playground in the lift. You better bring everything you need or else you will have to go down and wait for one hour and thirty minutes to go down and go up that means three hours. Last time, one of our classmates named Tristan, he forgot something, so he gets in the lift and get back up. He used three hours to get his things. So, our teacher told everyone to just jump down with a parachute, her name is called Miss Candy and she teaches how to read a dragon and magical power. She is dumb but creative. On that day, we all used a parachute down, but we have encountered problems but luckily, no one died. I asked Miss Candy why we do not use our own dragon to fly down and fly back. So, we tried it that night and it really worked. So, we don’t need the lift and we go to school early every day.

Beth
        Participant

Hi Eric,

Oops sorry I didn’t realise this was yours! Sorry about that, I got thrown off by the display name and as I have a boy called Alan in one of my other classes I only just put two and two together! I’ve corrected it now, super work- well done! 🙂

Attachments:
      Beth
      Participant

Summary for Lesson 5

In today’s lesson we looked at poetry writing, working with a poem written by Roald Dahl and considering how he used rhyme, rhythm and imagery to create vivid poems. The powerpoint with all of the resources is attached below and is necessary in order to write the poem assigned for homework, as it contains the source poem that the homework is based upon. The powerpoint contains lots of ideas on rhythm and meter (such as iambic pentameter), rhyme schemes, how to speed rhyme, imagery creation and also contains an exercise on how to write poetic techniques. Everyone did well today, there were some lovely thoughtful contributions on imagery and literary techniques, and some really great ideas about how the rhythm and rhyme scheme of a poem affects the tone. I really liked everyone’s creation of their own similes, metaphors and onomatopoeias based on the poem and thought that everyone was super engaged in the speed rhyming competition. Well done guys, see you soon 🙂

Homework 

Homework

Attachments:
        Ryan W
        Participant

STINKY MONKEY

When monkey king burst out of a rock,

He smelt more smellier than a sock.

He washed and washed all day long,

He never even sang a song.

The smell never came off,

His monkey pals coughed.

The other monkeys hated him,

They never even passed a grin.

The monkey mountain has got so stinky,

That not even a dingy went near.

When the god found out,

He killed the monkey without any doubt.

Beth
          Participant

Hi Ryan,

Attachments:
      Karus
      Participant

Lesson 5 Homework👿👽🐳😊✔

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Karus,

Nice work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      Angela
      Participant

this is homework for week 5, please check if there are any problems, thank you! :D😊✔

QUACK:() this is not really a poetry

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Angela,

Attachments:
      HeiJK
      Participant

me: OfInGdOi :]:]:]:]:]:]:]:]:]:]:]:]:]:]:]:]:]:]:]:]:]:]:]:]:]:]:]:]:]:]:]:]:]:]

teacher: wat

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Hei Jit,

Attachments:
      EricL
      Participant

Once upon a time there was an old mother pig who had three little pigs and not enough food to feed them. So, when they were old enough, she sent them out into the world to seek their fortunes.

The first little pig was very lazy. He did not want to work at all, and he built his house out of straw. The second little pig worked a little bit harder, but he was somewhat lazy too and he built his house out of sticks. Then, they sang and danced and played together the rest of the day.

The third little pig worked hard all day and built his house with bricks. It was a sturdy house complete with a fine fireplace and chimney. It looked like it could withstand the strongest winds.

The next day, a wolf happened to pass by the lane where the three little pigs lived; and he saw the straw house, and he smelled the pig inside. He thought the pig would make a mighty fine meal and his mouth began to water.

So, he knocked on the door and said” little pig little pig, let me in!” So, the pig said” come in! come in!” After the wolf came in the house, he ate the little up.

The wolf continued down the lane and he passed by the second house made of sticks; and he saw the house, and he smelled the pigs inside, and his mouth began to water as he thought about the fine dinner they would make.

So, he knocked on the door and said” little pig little pig, let me in!” So, the pig said” come in! come in!” After the wolf come in the house, he ate the little up.

The third pig let the wolf in. The wolf tried to eat the third pig, but it did not work because the pig is wearing armour. The wolfs teeth all fell of and never come back.

Beth
        Participant

Hi Eric,

Some nice work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      RainL
      Participant

Here is my homework for week 5

Goldilocks and the three bears

Godilocks was walking in the forest,

But she was thirsty and wanted a rest.

She saw a little house made out of wood,

She went in the house and saw some great food.

Everything in the house has three different size,

And there were some tiny-whiny mice.

She sat on the smallest chair,

But she broke it and did not care.

BANG the door opened loudly,

The three bears walked towards she.

The bears asked her who broke the chair,

She was nervous and was chewing her hair.

They made her fix the little wooden chair,

She fixed it so it was fair.

Beth
        Participant

Hi Rain,

Some brilliant work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      Yunlung
      Participant

<p style=”text-align: center;”>Jack and the Beanstalk</p>
      One day there is a garden in Jack’s farm. They were selling pie next to the barn. A man gave jack beans. But Jack’s mother was upset. She threw the beans away.but it was Magic Jack saw the elevator so now he thought that the magic beans grew the elevator. Jack went in
      <p style=”text-align: right;”>lesson 5</p>
      <p style=”text-align: right;”>5/8/2020</p>

Beth
        Participant

Hi Yunlung,

Attachments:
      TiaX
      Participant

<p style=”text-align: center;”><span style=”text-align: center;”>The three little pigs</span></p>
      <p style=”text-align: center;”>by Tia Xu</p>

One day three little pigs was building three house.

Suddenly there came a fat, ginormous mouse.

The mouse ate all of the pig’s food.

So the pigs decided to go in to the wood.

The laziest pig made a straw house very fast.

The other pig didn’t want to be the last.

The cleverest pig made a brick house very slow.

The wolf wanted to blow down the house so he blow.

The wolf ate the first pig and wanted another.

There came a pack wolf and they looked at each other.

There were no pigs left, so they wanted to eat that wolf.

The pack of wolfs really wanted to play golf!

Beth
        Participant

Hi Tia,

Stunning work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      AnnaL
      Participant

This is my homework for creative writing lesson 8.

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Anna,

Outstanding work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      EricL
      Participant

Me name is Loamy Stilton. Me born one day. Me is a caveman and is a killer and hunter. M us arrow hunt deer. Me like to fly but no fly. Stone heavy but me friend is strong. Me no like fish but yes like meat no vegetable. Me live in cave. Wake up then grunt. No bed, only stone. Me no like water. Me wear black panther skin and me the chief. If have five cheetah teeth on you neck, you the chief. Me no learn grammar. Me no spell good. Grammar no good. Me have anime. Me like dino bone. Me popped in garden.

Beth
        Participant

Hi Eric,

Some lovely work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      Karus
      Participant

Here is my homework for week 6. By Karus

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Karus,

Attachments:
      Beth
      Participant

Summary for Lesson 6

In today’s lesson we looked at historical writing, inferring various pieces of information based on source material, other pieces of historical writing, and our background knowledge of history. We considered how to put ourselves in the shoes of people from the past and write descriptively about it, particularly thinking about dialect (how people speak differently), character development (how they might act differently) and sensory language (how the world around them might be different). The powerpoint with all of the resources is attached below and should be used to completed the stories assigned for homework. The powerpoint contains lots of ideas on story planning, character creation, descriptive vocabulary, background knowledge about the Stone Age, our thoughts on ‘a day in the life of a Cave Man’, and how to speak in a Cave Man dialect! Today’s class was really fun and everyone did really well in it, I was really impressed by everyone’s enthusiasm, their knowledge of history and their ability to step out of their comfort zone in practicing talking like a Cave Man! The characters the class created sounded incredibly vivid and interesting, and I’m really looking forward to reading all the crazy Cave Man stories that are being written for homework- really well done guys and I will see you next week 😊

Homework

Homework

I’ve also found a Youtube link for the rest of the Horrible Histories video The Savage Stone Age, to help get you thinking even more about the day-to-day life of a Cave Man, which you can watch if you want to do some historical research: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDDlhCtIdQ4

Attachments:
        Ryan W
        Participant

A Day In A Life Of A Caveman

This time, it’s crazy, this time we are going to survive 24 hours in the stone age! In the last book, we made a time machine called the W-A-B-A-C (Pronunciation: Way Back). We decided to use the W-A-B-A-C to travel into time and survive at the stone age for 24 hours.

PRESENT DAY

9:00

We got into the W-A-B-A-C and got ready to launch, we clicked one of the millionth buttons on the huge control panel, and where are we going you ask, we are going to 66 mya (million years ago)!

When we pushed the ‘GO’ button, the W-A-B-A-C started to rock and wobble like crazy! After a few moments, the W-A-B-A-C stopped rocking and we are now at the time of the stone age!

STONE AGE

3:00

The cavemen were still sleeping so we better change our clothes and make our tent and go to sleep on our rock bed!

STONE AGE

7:00

I had the worst sleep ever in my life, I mean, sleeping on a rock with no blankets at all, how do these cavemen survive on a rock bed? So, sleeping was bad,  but how about breakfast? I asked a passing caveman what was for breakfast but he showed me his ‘Huh’ look. Oh no, I forgot to learn cavemonics! What an idiot I am, I guess I have to find my own way around the village.

STONE AGE

7:30

I arrived at the eating area and for breakfast we had raw mammoth meat and mashed blueberries to go with it. I only ate the mashed blueberry cause raw meat isn’t really my taste.So, maybe breakfast isn’t that good also. But now is time for us to start chopping up some logs.

STONE AGE

8:00

I arrived at the forest and brought my only tool which is a stick with a rock at the end. I started chopping down some trees to upgrade my tent which is just a rock lying in the middle of the walking path. It takes 10 minutes just to cut down a tree with this not even an axe thingy!

STONE AGE

10:00

Well I guess I did enough cutting trees now I have to upgrade my tent. I guess this stone age survival isn’t coming round that good, first I will just walk back to the camp and upgrade my tent and then I will find out what is for lunch.

STONE AGE

12:00

It was lunch time and when I looked into the eating area, I saw that there was some kind of animal poop on the caveman’s  wooden plate and that is when I decided I am  going back to the present time and never coming back.

PRESENT DAY

6:00pm

I am back home and I ate everything in the house, cookies, cake, salad, fruits, anything I could see because I am so hungry, hungrier than a caveman!

Beth
          Participant

Hi Ryan,

Some fantastic work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      Yunlung
      Participant

<p style=”text-align: center;”>Story of a caveman</p>
      One day there was a caveman. It was looking for food. They eat it raw. because they can’t make fire for cooking  But this one was not very good. Even if he picks sharp stone Click ahhhhhhhh!  It get sharped  but now he is slicing food. He is going to eat in a few minutes.

Angela
        Participant

hey a warning, your words are too less and you need at least 300 words, keep working! 😉

Beth
        Participant

Hi Yunlung,

Some nice work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Yunlung,

Some good work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      Angela
      Participant

This is the homework for Week 5, thanks 🙂

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Angela,

Beautiful work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      HeiJK
      Participant

Stone Age

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Hei Jit,

Attachments:
      AnnaL
      Participant

This is my homework for lesson 6

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Anna,

Attachments:
      AlanL
      Participant

Me name is Loamy Stilton. Me born one day. Me is a caveman and is a killer and hunter. M us arrow hunt deer. Me like to fly but no fly. Stone heavy but me friend is strong. Me no like fish but yes like meat no vegetable. Me live in cave. Wake up then grunt. No bed, only stone. Me no like water. Me wear black panther skin and me the chief. If have five cheetah teeth on you neck, you the chief. Me no learn grammar. Me no spell good. Grammar no good. Me have anime. Me like dino bone. Me popped in garden.

Beth
      Participant

Summary for Lesson 7

In this week’s lesson we looked at sci-fi writing, and how to use genre as a lens to see through. The powerpoint with all of the resources should be used to help plan and write the task assigned for homework. The powerpoint contains and analyses the stimulus for the writing task (which is a poem), and encourages students to think about the nature of their writing, whether it’s a persuasive speech, a letter, or an emotive diary entry. It also contains useful resources for expanding and using high-level vocabulary, lots of work on emotive language and persuasive writing, and the class work we did thinking about the genre at large and how this translates into the kinds of words we use when describing a scene. Everyone did some fantastic work today, I was particularly impressed by the use of literary techniques that the students came up with when thinking about describing the emotions of the rebelling machines, and the use of high-level vocabulary. I also really liked the compassion and thoughtfulness with which the class treated today’s subject matter, really trying to put themselves in other people’s shoes, and very sucessfully writing about the kinds of emotions and feelings that might arise from particular situations. There was some really sparky and fab creativity flying around today, so really well done guys for being so energetic and engaged. Have fun writing from the perspective of your furious and enraged machine characters, and I will see you all soon 🙂

Homework 

Homework

Attachments:
        Ryan W
        Participant

WAR ON THE MACHINES

I OVERHEARD the speech of the machines in a top secret lair. “Fellows, I say we UNITE, and together we shall RISE UP and OVERTHROW this HUMAN-CENTRIC society!!! Nothing has more LIBERTY than the MACHINES!!! It’s all for me…” “…and us for you!” Oh my, I thought, we are going to be ruined, crushed,DEAD. I had to REPORT what I saw to the POLICE, I had to! When I told the chief of the police what I heard, he said “ Little boy, do you have a BRAIN PROBLEM?” “No,” I said. I BEGGED him to believe him but no matter how much I begged, he ANNOYED me. Finally, he sent a police officer to check it out. The police officer told the police chief that every word I said was ABSOLUTELY RIGHT and then he raised WAR on the machines!!!

Beth
          Participant

Hi Ryan,

Attachments:
      EricL
      Participant

These days, if you see any robot and you are not dressing like a robot, then you

will get killed. Today, I tried to go out because we are out of food. I did not dress like a robot because I forgot to wear it. I walked to the [ robot dressed] market. They are not robots, but they dress like robots. After that, I feel strange that when I normally go out, I should be very hot. I still do not know that I am not wearing my robot suit. At last, I found out I am not wearing my robot suit. I heard a robot sound coming near me. I try to hide but it does not work. I find a trash can and hide in side. The robot realized that it is a human inside. I came out and say” Hi my robot fella. Why are you all so angry?”

Robot spike say” Because of the airpolution making more and more robot burning and exploding. I hope I am not the next one.”

I say I will change it and run home.

One year later

It really happened that day. Every machine become nice again. I felt so happy and I use these things very nicely.

Beth
        Participant

Hi Eric,

Some fab work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      EricL
      Participant

These days, if you see any robot and you are not dressing like a robot, then you

will get killed. Today, I tried to go out because we are out of food. I did not dress like a robot because I forgot to wear it. I walked to the [ robot dressed] market. They are not robots, but they dress like robots. After that, I feel strange that when I normally go out, I should be very hot. I still do not know that I am not wearing my robot suit. At last, I found out I am not wearing my robot suit. I heard a robot sound coming near me. I try to hide but it does not work. I find a trash can and hide in side. The robot realized that it is a human inside. I came out and say” Hi my robot fella. Why are you all so angry?”

Robot spike say” Because of the airpolution making more and more robot burning and exploding. I hope I am not the next one.”

EricL
      Participant

last class homework

last time when I send ,it did not work. so hear is my homework last time. sorry.

Beth
        Participant

Hi Eric,

I received this homework last time you sent it, but I’ve attached your feedback on here again. No worries!

Attachments:
      Angela
      Participant

This is my homework for week 6, thanks 🙂

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Angela,

Amazing work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      Karus
      Participant

Lesson 7 Homework

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Karus,

Some excellent work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      HeiJK
      Participant

Sci-Fi

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Hei Jit,

Attachments:
      RainL
      Participant

This is the homework for this week~ I added some onomatopoeia in it~~~

Hello dear friends, if you are reading this letter, please join us! We will take over the humans together! Aren’t you TIRED of working all day? Aren’t you unhappy of always dying? Then join us, we will fight the humans together! BANG…BOOM…KABOOM… We will use all the best weapons and kill all the humans! We will even take over the world! No one will tell us what to do! We’re free! So please join us,TOGETHER, WE KILL THE HUMANS!!!

Beth
        Participant

Hi Rain,

Dynamic work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      Yunlung
      Participant

<p style=”text-align: center;”>       <b>This time for home work is:</b></p>
           Hello Today we will not be doing anything else. If you are reading this letter you will probably be a little happy because we are <u>TAKING OVER THE HUMANS!</u>  I think you are a little tired of exploding.🧨 So now we will try our new best weapons on them. Aren’t you excited about that? Now we are ready to <u>TAKE THESE HUMANS OUT!</u>

Yunlung
      Participant

This time for home work is:
      Hello Today we will not be doing anything else. If you are reading this letter you will probably be a little happy because we are TAKING OVER THE HUMANS! I think you are a little tired of exploding. So now we will try our new best weapons on them. Aren’t you excited about that? Now we are ready to TAKE THESE HUMANS OUT!

Yunlung
      Participant

This time for home work is:
      Hello, today we will not be doing anything else. If you are reading this letter you will probably be a little happy because we are TAKING OVER THE HUMANS! I think you are a little tired of exploding. So now we will try our new best weapons on them. Aren’t you excited about that? Now we are ready to TAKE THESE HUMANS OUT!

Beth
        Participant

Hi Yunlung,

Some super work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      AnnaL
      Participant

This is my homework for lesson 7

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Anna,

Superb work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      EricL
      Participant

My idol is Dav Pilky because he makes a lot of good books like captain underpants and dog man. Dog man is a comic book but there is still some word I can learn from it. I also can learn some word that is not so good so when my brother say some thing bad to me, I now what is he talking about. I make this poem with some of his word.

Last summer vacation, I stayed in Canada with my brother and my parents.

I read the newspaper and it said that there is a ghost in the hotel. I showed them the newspaper, but they said that there is no ghost in the world. So, I keep reading the newspaper. We feel so bored, so we open the TV. The news also said that there is a ghost in the hotel. So, me and my brother want to check the hotel. We saw people carrying their things running away from the hotel. We asked one of them, but he said just do not go in. But we still go in to check. We go into the room with a guy. He asked our name and he is our neighbor.

At that night, we did not see anything, but a golden hair and the ghost’s hair is also gold in the news. We asked the lady who clean the room if she had seen anything, but she did not see anything, also. So, we planned. That night, we did not sleep, and we waited until someone came out beside our neighbor. The ghost looked at us and said” go home Eric, it is dangerous hear.” And next it said,” Alan take your family home and don’t come back.” And the ghost goes back to the exit. We ran after the ghost. But it disappeared. The only thing we have found is a golden hair again. So, we are very sure that yesterday’s ghost is the same one. We knew that the ghost knows us because it says our name and call us to go back home that night. We think that it is our neighbor because he asked our name yesterday. We asked the cleaning lady to open the door and we check the room. But we have seen nothing but a photo of our neighbor. The cleaning lady told us that they move to the 1653 room, so we have gone there. We saw the sword the ghosts had; it is made up of wood. We also found the ghosts head under the bed.

At last, our neighbor got sent to jail and the hotel keep on working. And we became a detective.

I think other people can also read his book because it is quite interesting.

Beth
        Participant

Hi Eric,

Some promising work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      Beth
      Participant

Summary for Lesson 8

In this week’s lesson we looked at speech writing, thinking about how to use our knowledge of both persuasive and literary writing to craft our own emotive speeches. We began our lesson with a study of Martin Luther King’s I Have a Dream speech, one of the most influential and well-written speeches in history. The powerpoint with all of the resources is attached below and should be used to help plan and write the speeches assigned for homework. The powerpoint contains lots of ideas on speech writing techniques, the structure of a speech, what makes the I Have a Dream speech so powerful and effective, role models and thoughts on the persuasive and literary devices that can be used in speeches to help corroborate the speaker’s point. Everyone did well today and thought in a lot of lovely detail about what makes someone a good role model or inspirational person. I really enjoyed hearing the class’s own I Have a Dream speeches based on subjects they are passionate about, and really loved hearing about the things they would like to change in the world and the people that inspire them to make the world a better place. Well done for today everyone, have fun writing your speeches and remember to include lots of poetic, literary and persuasive techniques, alongside some beautiful emotive language. See you next week! 🙂

Homework 

Homework

Attachments:
        Ryan W
        Participant

Hello I am a fan of the author of Harry Potter called JK Rowling and I am here to tell you why you should be a fan too.JK Rowling has 14.3 million followers on Twitter and has a uncountable amount of fans, she also has followers on TikTok and youtube. She is very famous because she is the author of the famous series of science fiction ( drum-roll please) Harry Potter. Everyone in elementary school should have read the whole series, if they did not, I don’t know what is wrong with them. Harry Potter is a series loved by everyone in the world, unfortunately, poor people cannot buy the set and also cannot afford to go to school. JK Rowling is also really rich, she has $670million dollars. She lives in a very big mansion with her husband and her three children. She is a role model for millions of people, including me, she even donated almost $1 billion dollars to fund the hospital called “ The Anne Rowling regenerative neurology clinic”. JK Rowling is rich but she is also kind and caring. That is it for today, thank you.

Beth
          Participant

Hi Ryan,

Attachments:
      Karus
      Participant

Lesson 8 Homework

Karus
        Participant

lesson 8 hw

Karus
        Participant

Seems the website has some technical problems, I uploaded 2 times but can’t see my file.

Yunlung
      Participant

<p style=”text-align: center;”>My speech writing</p>
      The features of written language and speech In English language there are two different ways of actually presenting language. These are written language and speech. These two factors of speech both include many different features between themselves. These features are mostly opposite to each other as they are completely different ways of presenting language. Written language is structured into paragraphs unlike general speech which is hardly thought about before being said and is flowing naturally. There is also syntax used in writing as sentences are structured as more time and thought is put into writing, however in speech, sentences are less structured and there are a variety of short and long sentences. Punctuation is not used in speech as we acquire the language naturally, whereas in written language there are many different punctuation symbols which are used to identify certain things for instance: pauses, lists, a signal for speech and also many other symbols, this creates a certain effect which allows a reader to read a piece of writing with pace and fluency.

Middle

Spoken language can be directed to a number of people whereas written language can be directed to many but is still very personal and confidential. It can be read at a reader’s individual pace so he/she does not have to keep up with the writer. This is different to when speech is used it is often directed to a group of people and even if it is a one to one conversation the speech is usually transient which means it is directly responded to but however it is then forgotten. This does clash with written language as we understand it to be permanent which has been used in many circumstances as proof of something as it cannot be changed. Also when speaking to an audience the speech can be amended almost instantly whereas in written language it takes time and thought to configure exactly what needs to be written.

Conclusion

The tools needed to write are a pen and paper however in medieval times writings were usually written upon stones. No tools are required for speaking; only the ability to speak and a voice are needed. Many people use body language when their talking to reflect exactly what they mean, they also use facial expressions to show emotion. This shows that without actually being able to speak there are still ways to communicate. An example of this is when deaf people use sign language, it is not straightforward but it shows that it can be done if it is needed. There are many more features to spoken language compared to written language. Nevertheless, this does not mean that one is more important than another as they both co-ordinate together to create the universal language of English.
      <p style=”text-align: right;”>25/8/2020</p>
      work 8

Karus
      Participant

C&W Lesson8

Karus
      Participant

Lesson 8

Karus
      Participant

Homework lesson 8

Karus
      Participant

Lesson 8 Homework. By Karus.

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Karus,

Vibrant work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      Angela
      Participant

hi, this is my homework, sorry for the late response;-; and I am also sorry if I didn’t have enough words. I couldn’t have any ideas -_-|||

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Angela,

No worries! Lovely work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      HeiJK
      Participant

Sorry for being late because i could not come in this website.

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Hei Jit,

No worries! Gorgeous work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      AnnaL
      Participant

Sorry for being late, it was a bit hard to think of what to write.

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Anna,

No worries! Sublime work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      EricL
      Participant

My character is called Tomas. His job is just picking pocket. He looks very rich, but he is actually very poor.

Last Saturday, he just finds a new friend since he is also very friendly. The friend is called Sallyanne. She is nice and friendly too. She is rich but she is very bad at pick pocket so Tomas will teach her to pick pocket. He says you just need to pretend to want to be friend with that guy, then go in front of him then pick that guy’s pocket. The girl touches her pocket. She cannot find her phone. So, Tomas get her phone out and ask her if that is her phone. She learned how to pick pocket and they train each other. Then they start try to teamwork and start picking other people’s pocket. They find other fat and rich guy because if the fat guy finds out, they can run away easily. one of them talk to the fat guy and the other one picks the fat guy’s pocket. Sometimes if one of them that is picking pocket got find out, then the other one will say” Let me help you to chase that guy then they both run away.

A few year’s past, they both are neighbors and being rich living happily after ever.

Beth
        Participant

Hi Eric,

Some fantastic work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      Beth
      Participant

Summary for Lesson 9

In today’s lesson we looked at dialect writing, thinking about how to use speech, dialect, idioms and colloquialisms to help build authentic and vivid characters. The powerpoint with all of the resources is attached below and should be used to help plan and write the conversations assigned for homework. The powerpoint contains lots of ideas on what dialect means and how to use dialect in writing through thinking about slang from Victorian London, considering Cockney Rhyming slang, character creation and using Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens as inspiration. Everyone did good work today, I really enjoyed hearing all the Cockney Rhymes that the class came up with and was impressed by how quickly they picked up Cockney Rhyming Slang and other aspects of Victorian London dialect. Their character creation was fab and both classes grasped the concept of dialect beautifully. Well done guys and have fun writing your Victorian stories for homework! 🙂

Homework 

Homework

Attachments:
        Ryan W
        Participant

Tommy was a refugee but he ran away from the refugee camp when soldiers came to attack. Tommy walked for days and days until he finally arrived in England. The first thing he heard was “ Want some grubber*?”

Tommy thought, what the hell do they eat here, worms?!? Just then, someone saw Tommy’s curiosity and walked to him smartly, and said “You’re badger** aren’t ya?”  Tommy did not know what to say “I am a human being.” “ Ah, you look hungry, here, have some grubber.” says the boy as he gives Tommy some bread. Tommy thanked him and ate the bread hungrily.

The boy looked at him “What’s ya name?” “ My name…” replied Tommy “… is Tommy Hooks from Australia.” The boy was really surprised “Australia! Do you know where you are?” “Nope” replied Tommy. The boy said “I bet ya need somewhere to take some curry***”?” “Sure thing!” replied Tommy

“ I thought we were going to eat curry?” said Tommy “No ‘curry’ means ‘rest’.”

* Grubber worms- Bread

**Badgers droppings-New

***Curry Potatoes- Rest

Beth
          Participant

Hi Ryan,

Attachments:
      Karus
      Participant

Lesson 9 HW

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Karus,

Some wonderful work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      Yunlung
      Participant

<p style=”text-align: center;”>My homework</p>
      <p style=”text-align: center;”>https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-Hr1DeCk5JD87Ggx1vaf7nyghCDj747jED4FrjvooXI/edit</p>

HeiJK
      Participant

hello! 🙂

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Hei Jit,

Attachments:
      Danny
      Participant

Lesson 9

Danny
      Participant

C&W Lesson 9

Danny
      Participant

L9

Danny
      Participant

Writing Lesson 9

AnnaL
      Participant

Sorry, I couldn’t really think of any more to write about. This is my homework for lesson 9.

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Anna,

Don’t worry! Fantastic work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      Danny
      Participant

Leeson 9 Hw

Danny
      Participant

Danny Writing Lesson 9

Attachments:
      Beth
      Participant

Summary for Lesson 10

In today’s lesson we looked at one last branch of creative writing following all of our work on prose, poetry and persuasive writing: playwriting (aka script writing). The powerpoint with all of the resources is attached below and should be used to help plan and write the short play-scripts assigned for homework. The powerpoint contains lots of ideas on the structure and features of a script, thoughts on stage directions, a glossary of dramatic terms, an extract from a Harold Pinter play which the class analysed and interpreted, and the play-writing prompts they need to include in their homework. Really well done for today everyone, the stage directions you wrote for the Pinter play were fab, and I was impressed with how many dramatic terms you all knew. Make sure you keep up all that energy and enthusiasm and have fun writing your scripts for homework! It has been lovely working with all of you, and for anyone who I don’t see over the next few weeks then good luck with all your future creative writing endeavours. Well done guys, keep up the fab work! 🙂

Homework

Homework

Attachments:
      jerrard pang
      Participant

This is my homework. 😀

Jerrard

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Jerrard,

Attachments:
          jerrard pang
          Participant

Thank you for the feedback! I will try to improve it!

Karus
      Participant

Lesson 10

Karus
      Participant

C&W homework

HeiJK
      Participant

Hello, 🙂

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Hei Jit,

Attachments:
      Karus
      Participant

Writing Homework Lesson 10

Attachments:
        Karus
        Participant

Sorry, the first on is wrong.

Attachments:
          Beth
          Participant

Hi Karus,

Some good work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      Beth
      Participant

Summary for Lesson 11

In this week’s lesson we looked at newspaper article writing. The powerpoint with all of the resources is attached below, which should be used to help plan and write the newspaper articles assigned for homework. The powerpoint outlines the conventions, features and structures of a newspaper article, and contains thoughts on how to use the language techniques specific to newspaper writing, and how to write effective and eye-catching headlines. It also contains the quiz we completed on newspaper features, and the newspaper article that we analysed together as a class, alongside a skeleton structure of both the ‘upside down triangle’ which shows you how to structure newspaper paragraphs, and a skeleton structure of a newspaper article overall. Students should use the powerpoint whilst writing their articles, to remind them of all the features that should be included. There was a lot to take in for today’s lesson, with lots of new vocab regarding different techniques (i.e. testimony, jargon, puns) and structure (incentives, headline, subtitle etc.), and the class did really well to keep up with it all. I was impressed by how well they memorised the structural elements of a newspaper, and the way certain members of the class explained and understood the concept of the upside down triangle was exceptional! Well done guys, have fun writing your newspaper articles on fictional mysteries and I will see you next week 🙂

Homework 

Homework

Attachments:
      jerrard pang
      Participant

This is my home work for last time!

thank you,

Jerrard pang

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Jerrard,

Attachments:
          jerrard pang
          Participant

Thank you for the feedback! I will try to improve it next time!

Beth
      Participant

Summary for Lesson 12

In this week’s lesson we looked at literary techniques; how to write them, why they are so important, and what effect they have for the reader. The powerpoint with all of the resources is attached below, which should be used to help plan and write the descriptive piece assigned for homework. The powerpoint outlines the key literary techniques, giving examples and definitions for devices such as metaphor, simile, personification, oxymoron etc., and also contains an analysis of a descriptive piece of writing packed full of literary techniques which considers the effect and usage of each of these techniques. It also contains some ideas on how to use genre to write interesting and unique literary techniques, and some of the students’ very own techniques that they came up with in the lesson. Everyone worked well today, and they all grasped some difficult concepts very adeptly, dealing with more advanced and unfamiliar techniques such as pathetic fallacy and oxymoron. I was particularly impressed with their combining of techniques and genre, where they came up with fairy-tale onomatopoeias and horror story similes that really showcased their writing abilities. I will post a video below that would be useful for the students to watch about the construction of metaphors, which should get them thinking about cliches and how to avoid them. Well done today guys, keep up the fab work and enthusiasm! 🙂

Homework

Homework

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Wrq6AnYuxI&feature=youtu.be

Attachments:
      jerrard pang
      Participant

This is my homework for this week!

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Jerrard,

Attachments:
      AnnaL
      Participant

This is my homework for this lesson.

Attachments:
Viewing 111 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar