Forums Writing Junior Writing 1

Viewing 66 reply threads
  • Author
      VMWEdu
      Keymaster
      Beth
      Participant

Summary for Lesson 1:

In this week’s lesson we looked at adventure story writing. The powerpoint with all of the resources is attached below, which should be used to help plan and write the adventure stories assigned for homework. The powerpoint outlines techniques for descriptive writing, examples of character writing from famous authors, tips for how to plan a story and the creative writing picture prompt that everyone should be working from when they write their story. I’ve also attached the story plan worksheet which should be used to help plan the homework. Everyone did really brilliantly today, well done! I was very impressed by everyone’s work and contributions. Keep it up 🙂

Homework:

Homework

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
        Felix
        Participant

A Villain on Vacation

A villain called Darth Vader lived near a welcoming beach. Darth Vader was quite jealous of other people who could visit the seaside when he couldn’t, because he’s always facing all the superheroes. It was a bright sunny day and the turquoise sea was rushing on to the burning hot sandy beach. As soon as Darth Vader finished lunch, he decided that he was going to have a quick wonder on the beach and have a nap on his deckchair. On the golden sandy beach, smelling the fishy smell, Darth Vader wondered around relaxingly with a necklace made of beautiful flowers and a pink skirt. He still kept his black mask and cloak so he wouldn’t be recognised, and he still wore his armour so he felt safer.

Suddenly, a squawking noise from a white soaring eagle broke the silence. Darth Vader was enjoying too much this relaxing time that he didn’t notice that Luke turned up behind the colossal rocks. Luke was one of the soldiers who protected human beings. He thought that Darth Vader had ruined the beach and killed all the people. He sprinted as fast as a hare towards Darth Vader and they started to fight. Luke shot off a blanket of bullets from his overpowered machine gun. Darth Vader defended by using his powerful lightsaber. After a little while, Luke shouted, “stop fighting!”Darth Vader questioned furiously, “why did you attack me? I am just having a brief vacation.”” OH”, said Luke, “I thought you destroyed this beach because there was no one here.”Darth Vader sighed, “I want to go home now. I have had enough of you!”

And then Darth Vader marched home angrily and Luke trotted away with a blanket of apologies. He shouldn’t have started the fight without checking what was going on.

Attachments:
          Beth
          Participant

Hi Felix,

Outstanding work this week, well done! I’ve attached your feedback below.  See you later 🙂

Attachments:
      Molly
      Participant

In the summer holiday ,I traveling around the world with my best friend Mary.Now we are in London it is such beautiful place , we saw magnificent Big Bang and spectacular Buckingham Palace, when we arrived Hyde park we saw something incredible, the Voldemort is laying on the grass with big smile like sunshine, but when he saw us he change his expression fast as the lighting he looks super angry right now. He say hey what are you doing here go away because if you don’t I will kill you , Me and Marry are extremely scare suddenly Voldemort say now I will kill you because I het children ,he use magic turn his white clothe in to black looking at us with creepy smile ,I say Mary I thick we should run .we running fast as we can ,but who can faster than magic , finally Voldemort catch us ,he put his wand in front of my head, I thought he is going to kill me but he didn’t ,I say why don’t you kill me?he say I can’t I don’t want to heart any one but when people saw me they just cream and run away ,I just feel lonely, we say well than let’s be friend he say really you not scar we say no at all if you are kind .

Beth
        Participant

Hi Molly,

Some really lovely work this week, well done! I’ve attached your feedback below.  See you later 🙂

Attachments:
      Pipi
      Participant

When I was in a julery I saw a really creepy man in the place that they keep the beautiful dimons I simply watched him doing everything!First he tured the light of then
      he made him self to a staff of police officer then he said that some robber want to stell the diamond,so all the police all gone out and then the robber stelled the diamond,that mad me suprise!!!

Beth
        Participant

Hi Pipi,

Some exciting work this week, well done! I’ve attached your feedback below.  See you later 🙂

Attachments:
      SofiaL
      Participant

Villiachoc and Demonice are going to Belgium to have a chocolate vocation.

Vivian Villiachoc and Daisy Demonice are the Devil sweet tooth’s managers. The reason they are going to Belgium is because Vivian would like to have a try of “lovely brainstorm chocolate fudge”, and Daisy would like to collect some abnormal icing flavor.

Once Daisy was using sugar rush powder to go to a chocolate ginger candy shop, and she saw her worst enemy – Ginny Ginger the owner of a shop called Biscuctust. Let’s see what will happen.

First Daisy was looking at a jar of vanilla ice cream, and then she heard a thin sweet and tight voice asking: “How do you think? Good? Nice? Or Rough?” She turned her head sharply, and there she saw a blue eye, a narrow nose and a cherry like mouth woman. “Must be the proudly Ginny!” muttered Daisy to herself while she was starring furiously at Ginny. Ginny turned her head too, Daisy quickly pretend to look at a basket of flavoured creams, acting like she did not know Ginny was there.

By the time, Vivian was using the sugar rush powder finding Daisy. “There you are! Anything special?” cried Vivian. Daisy gave a look at Ginny and then Vivian, “You see?” said Daisy while pulling Vivian and herself behind a large pile of cooking books to hide. “I see, well, I am going to talk to her, you are going to use Villain vanishbean to turn into a welcoming willow-toffe.” Whispered Vivian. “Daisy yellow, chewy wormy, bad as durum turn me to a welcome -Toffee” said Daisy ,and there it is a yellow chewy, creamy, smelly fudge toffee. On the toffee there was an orange dote writing “Welcome Sweet”.

Vivian quickly picked up the sweet walked towards Ginny. “Oh, hi wondering to own a bigger?

“Er… No. What’s the matter?”

“Yeah try this” said Vivian picking up Daisy.

“Oh, very good.” Ginger said trying to smile.

While Ginny was chewing the toffee, daisy whispered “expecti- tossa”

Daisy popped her head out stretched her arms. Meanwhile Ginny felt a little pain in her mouth. “Ah” said Ginny. “Anything wrong?” asked Vivian sarcastically. “Er… Yes”, said Ginny. The toffee which is Daisy, jumped out of Ginny’s mouth.

“Opps I’m sorry I turned into a toffee” said Daisy, and Daisy and Vivian just walked out and went back to the hostel they were staying. To be continued…

Beth
        Participant

Hi Sofia,

Lovely work this week, well done! I’ve attached your feedback below.  See you later 🙂

Attachments:
      Vivienne
      Participant

Tom Marvolo Riddle aka Voldemort is the most immoral person ever, the whole wizarding world fears him, nobody knew why he was so evil. One year the truth leaked out.
      It started in the year 1919, there was a horrid confusion which was why you know who vanished so suddenly and left his “friends” in charge (some people think they are his servants/slaves, that is wrong but at least it is precise right than “friends”). There was another question which many failed to answer…..where Voldemort had gone…
      The reality is amusingly odd…You Know Who has gone on holiday, a place where many cannot reach…..Emerald Island…this is a place full of treasure, diamonds, and other luxurious things. You can easily know why Voldemort wanted these things but there he found a locket…….with an S engraved on the cover….this is Salazar Slytherin’s locket the one Salazar treasured most. Then because of this locket…Slytherin became possessed and fought with Godric Gryf. and that is how the ancestors of Salazar are as evil as him and hated Gryfs.
      (that is my version)

Beth
        Participant

Hi Tongtong,

Gorgeous work this week, well done! I’ve attached your feedback below.  See you later 🙂

Attachments:
      JamesZ
      Participant

Zeta lived on an icy volcano but she had always wanted to relax on a tropical beach.

So she bought an airplane ticket to the tropical beach.

But when she arrived she kept complaining why the roof was so low.

So when she arrived she had a lot of fun until she noticed something familiar on a high cliff.

It was Red and Silver on their honeymoon!

When Red and Silver noticed Zeta they had a big fight until Mighty Eagle (that is not mighty) came in and asked Zeta if she would marry him but Zeta disagreed.

The next day, Zeta, Red and Silver on a mountain then met and it started all over again.­­­

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi James,

Fantastic work this week, well done! I’ve attached your feedback below.  See you later 🙂

Attachments:
      Beth
      Participant

Summary for Lesson 2:

In this week’s lesson we looked at persuasive essay writing. The powerpoint with all of the resources is attached below, which should be used to help plan and write the mini-essays assigned for homework. The powerpoint outlines persuasive techniques, tips for structuring an essay, analysis of an example essay, and a section on how to write Point, Evidence, Explain sentence. It also includes the essay title that everyone should be working from when they write their homework.  We had some really good discussions today and everyone contributed some lovely ideas. Remember when writing the homework to argue your point and be as persuasive as possible! Really well done in general though, essay writing is always a difficult topic and everyone engaged with it really well. Keep up the good work 🙂

Homework:

Homework

Attachments:
        JamesZ
        Participant

What can humans learn from animals?

Attachments:
          Beth
          Participant

Hi James,

Wonderful work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      Molly
      Participant

<p style=”text-align: center;”>What can we learn from animals</p>
      we always can learn lots of things on animals, for example blue wells, why I choose because they are so good at team work ,when they need food the will work together or catch the fish that include they trust each other. So what can we learn is trust you friend and they will trust you is well, alway let people help you or work together if you don’t understand something.

lion is good animal to learn things, lions are brave than any of the animals, because they are the king of the forest, they also trust each other when hunger . They protect they children just like what humans did , they love they baby lion just like what every mums and dad did. From that we can learn we need to have brave heart and protect you self.

last thing is animals are alway love peaceful woodland , but humans still working on building and cut the tree use tree trunks to build and build we have to save us lovely world , Please stop !

Beth
        Participant

Hi Molly,

Lovely work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      Pipi
      Participant

What can human learn from animals

There is a lot things that people can’t do but animals can do,there is also things that we can do but animals can’t do ,but I’m gonna talk about what can human’s learn from animals.

First we can tell that human’s like us some times don’t know how to team work.Like when some one has traped you and your friends.So you all got your idie and want to let your friends to lesson to you so then this made a arguing of witch person should be the leader of the grop.But to the animals, doing team work is as easy as a pea. So that’s what we can learn from animals.

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Pipi,

Fab work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      SofiaL
      Participant

What can human learn from animals?

There are lots of lessons we can learn from animals. However, there are two important qualities we can learn:
      1, intelligence
      2, Caring and being responsible

We can learn to use intelligently to fight according to your nature of program a chimpanzee kidnapper kidnapped another chimpanzee starter if I were the chimpanzee I would go crazy and start yelling and waiting for others to find me. But she didn’t she quickly jumped to her feet and galloped to her part of the jungle, found a signal, and then on to follow the kidnapper when she got there he started scratching the signal to show she was peaceful and the kidnapper can’t resist temptation, So finally the kidnapper gave in and gave the chimpanzee’s daughter. This example shows that chimpanzees are clever and now to use intelligence to fight.

Animals are also very good at taking care of their children. Once we were on a vacation to Yellowstone Park. We saw a river right in front of us, opposite the lake with a small brown bear catching fish himself, some of the journalists got closer to take a picture as a memory. But later a bigger bear came and stood in front of the smaller there were an angry and fears face, I suppose it’s the mother. That shows if you want to learn a bit like animals about caring skills there won’t be an accident like a parent checking phone and children being kidnapped.

In conclusion. Humans should be more open-minded, and learn from other creatures. We should not use violence to fight but intelligent, like Malala and Gandhi, and take more responsibility to add children……

Beth
        Participant

Hi Sofia,

Incredible work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      Candice
      Participant
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Candice,

Outsanding work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      Vivienne
      Participant

“What can humans learn from animals?”

Everyone might have a different answer to “What can we learn from animals?” we might also think of different animals but the main answer is “A lot of things can be learnt from an animal.” Animals have all sorts of things humans haven’t achieved, things like bravery, trust, kindness, calmness, independence etc.

One thing that would change the world a lot is to have no more war! I guess a little tense in our lives is good but killing…? That is just a little to much. Other species might kill other beings but not the same type as themselves.

Another example is to trust, not a lot of people trust a lot and they keep their secrets to themselves, I think that it would make the world a much better place if we become friendlier place!

Here are some things I think are really amazing things that animals can do and things that we can learn from them.

Cats: Cats are a type of animal which keep themselves clean all then time.

Dogs: They don’t take life too seriously.

Turtles: Don’t always be in a rush!

Otters: Remember to have fun!

My conclusion is that if humans can be friendlier, kinder, playful, intelligent like animals the world might become different but better.

Beth
        Participant

Hi Tongtong,

Excellent work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      Beth
      Participant

Summary for Lesson 3

In today’s lesson we looked at descriptive writing. The powerpoint with all of the resources is attached below, which should be used to help plan and write the descriptive stories assigned for homework. The powerpoint outlines lots of different ideas and pieces of inspiration for the descriptive writing homework, and includes a skeleton plan for creating a character profile and examples of descriptive writing from the Harry Potter books. Everyone contributed some brilliant thoughts today, and there was some really lovely energy and creativity in our lesson. Everybody wrote fantastic character profiles and really detailed and beautifully crafted plans for their schools for magicians. Well done guys! 🙂

Homework:

Homework

Attachments:
        JamesZ
        Participant

IMAGINE YOU ARE WALKING UP TO YOUR NEW SCHOOL FOR MAGICIANS ON THE FIRST DAY

Attachments:
          Beth
          Participant

Hi James,

Great work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      SofiaL
      Participant

As Poppy seat impartially in the empty compartment, train with the other first years, She looked out the glass window. In that window Fram she could see the blue and yellow signs that said “Scottie express” fading Gentling away from the distance. “Excuse me, may I seat here as there’s nobody wants to sit with me, “said Jonathan pope his head out suddenly. “Em sure,” said Poppy. “Oh thank you, what’s your name kind lady?” Asked Jonathan thing to act Gently “Poppy Catotry, “said Poppy.

They talked and chatted outside the train there settled the huge Aguarina river. The waves in the river running furiously throw the obstinate stones not happy to move. The waves smashed a little on the railroad knocking the iron surface, making sounds like “Dosh, Flash” as it was an old man who had just dried a glass on the wooden floor.

Later the day they had lunch. The lunch lady pushes the trolley back to collect their lunch package and told them to stop chatting but look out the window. Well, it was very hard for Jonathon which was a garrulous boy, and rather easy for Poppy who was beyond excited. At last, a pair of seagulls caught their eyes the seagulls fled up and down and landed on a magical village, the house had weird shapes like round ruff long edges, and triangle maypole dance fair. Before they could see the whole village, the train stopped “Peno lane! First years get your things in here!”

Beth
        Participant

Hi Sofia,

Brilliant work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      Candice
      Participant
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Candice,

Amazing work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      Vivienne
      Participant

August Anderson sat gloomily in a compartment with several other girls, for having social problem she did not talk or ask any of them. It was while later when one of a girls took notice for lonely August, she reached out and tapped her shoulder, and asked her, “H-hey. My name is Lara, Lara Opacidy…Uhm I have a younger sister who is named Elara and uhm uh-” but August interrupted her. “My name is August! August Anderson and I think you were trying to make friends with me? I would except but only with my dads approval…” Lara seemed quite taken aback but of course pleased that she had make a new friend. The train  abruptly screeched to a halt.

There were lots of “wow’s” and “ooh’s” when August and the other first years entered the castle, the outside guise was generally not very pleasing to see but the  interior was brightly decorated with lavender scented bells, enchanted ceiling etc.

“First years follow me!” cried a woman dressed in long, emerald robes swept over to them. “My name is Professor Ichat head of Rollin house”

Beth
        Participant

Hi Tongtong,

Super work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      Beth
      Participant

Summary for Lesson 4

In this week’s lesson we looked at persuasive writing. The powerpoint with all of the resources is attached below, which should be used to help write the persuasive letters assigned for homework. This week we looked at creating characters, specifically superheroes, and then looked at the conventions of letter writing, with a view to writing a persuasive letter from the perspective of a superhero applying to superhero academy. The attached powerpoint includes some persuasive techniques discussed in class, a structure for formal letter writing, a reminder of things to consider for the creation of the superhero characters, and a full explanation of the homework. Everyone worked well this week, there was some lovely contributions and ideas around how to write persuasively, I loved everyone’s different ideas about how to persuade effectively. There was a lot of really lovely thoughtful work going on today and some really nice energy in the class, well done guys! I will see you all next week 🙂

Homework

Homework

Attachments:
      Pipi
      Participant

Dear sir
      I’m super changing man, and I wanted to go in this amazing super power school. I am a really powerful boy I can turn in to anything. So then if someone want to kill me I could defend my self from being killed.Also I’m really good at sneeking too! I do you want a really good and a really powerful student,then I am one of them. I white things all over. I also like protecting people, I don’t want any one to die.I would really like to go to your amazing super power school

From super changing man

Beth
        Participant

Hi Pipi,

Attachments:
      Pipi
      Participant

Dear sir
      I’m super changing man, and I wanted to go in this amazing super power school. I am a really powerful boy I can turn in to anything. So then if someone want to kill me I could defend my self from being killed.Also I’m really good at sneeking too! I do you want a really good and a really powerful student,then I am one of them. I white things all over. I also like protecting people, I don’t want any one to die.I would really like to go to your amazing super power school

From super changing man

ZoeZ
      Participant

Hi!This is the Zoe Z’s homework.Thanks a lot!

Attachments:
      Candice
      Participant

My letter for superhero school

Candice
      Participant
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Candice,

Attachments:
      JamesZ
      Participant

homework week 4

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi James,

Outstanding work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      SofiaL
      Participant

Dear Madam Herranze,
      Sorry to interrupt your lovely Summer holiday, I hope you are well. I am writing to you to apply your second year Hadsomuc (it is a kind of dance that can fool the evil ghost) training club. I will start by telling you a little about myself.

My name is Poppy, I will be eleven after the summer. As you know I study in Scooties school, well I am very good in zooentic (it is like care for magical creatures), barrenlee (it is a kind of sport where you only do in winter) and history, and I am looking forward to transfigurations for next year.

The reason I would like to join the club is because I admire Charlotte Luton which is a famous hadsomucer and I am very active. I have learned some kind of nature human dance like ballet, it is an elegant kind of dance where you stand on your toes. I would like to join the club to prepare F.L.O.S.S.T (it means Fifth Level Ordinary Students of Scooties Test) and to help my friends through adventures.

I have lots of questions in my head now like what do they wear in the club, or do they have parties……

I hope I hear from you soon, I am sending Leslie a brown owl with some white patches on the chest.

Yours sincerely,
      Poppy Paroline
      Soon to be a hadsomucer
      The Parolines, 4 Prelane, Bellizen town

Beth
        Participant

Hi Sofia,

Attachments:
      Vivienne
      Participant

Dear Madam Sullivan,
      I am Leilani Elon, I think you might have heard some things about me from my brother, Seton Elon…? I’m not sure… Anyways, I am writing to you since I wish to be accepted to your school *Grand H. High*. I am also related to Oliver Hanson, my grandfather. You should have heard of him in viewing the fact that he is a brilliant potion maker. Well, enough about that, I have been wanting to apply to this school because I have relied that you take sports importantly, personally, I love sports and wish to go to a sports school but my mom refuses and so does my dad, he says: “Magic, powerful magic will always lead you to greatness.” Is that true though? Mom tells me that the true me is not good at sports but good at magic… I think she is only saying that to stop me going to a school and nowI’m here! Half magic and half sports school! I think it will be very fun in a particularly competitive school!
      Have a great holiday!
      Yours sincerely,
      Leilani Elon

Beth
        Participant

Hi Tongtong,

Attachments:
      TiaX
      Participant

<p style=”text-align: center;”>Lesson 4</p>

Today is my first day to school. I was very excited! The building looks like a tiger and I think that’s why it is called Tigerwarts.

One of the student has brown hair and her name is Michelle. The other student has golden hair and her name Angelina. The other one has black hair and her name is Yishan.

All the students are wearing a new uniform, the uniform has a tiger on the right up side, white all over the empty place there is also a black wizard hat.

I liked a teacher called Mrs Van Der Peer. (Mrs VDP) She is very kind, nice, clever.

My name is Allisa. My best friend is Yishan, she is clever, loves to learn new things, learn very fast, caring.

One of the classroom is called Animal classroom. Inside it has many tiger, many dogs, many cats, many owl, many rats, many wolf, many cheetah, many foxes, many lion. Each student can choose one of those animals. I chosed a tiger, because it protects me and I also loves tigers. Mechelle chose a dog. Yishan chose a cat. Angelina chose a cheetah.

Inside the school there are statues of a tiger, a wolf, a lion, a dog, a cat, a owl, a rat, a cheetah, a fox.

Every day we have to train our pet to make them stronger and stronger. When it is the last day of a year we have a competition for our pets and ourselves, and also all the teachers has a pet animal so the teacher will participate the competition.

There are also a lot of groups, there are  tiger group,  wolf group, lion group, dog group, cat group, owl group, rat group, cheetah group, fox group. Which group you are in depends on what pet you chose.

Beth
      Participant

Summary for Lesson 5

In today’s lesson we looked at poetry writing, working with a poem written by Roald Dahl and considering how he used rhyme, rhythm and imagery to create vivid poems. The powerpoint with all of the resources is attached below and is necessary in order to write the poem assigned for homework, as it contains the source poem that the homework is based upon. The powerpoint contains lots of ideas on rhythm and meter (such as iambic pentameter), rhyme schemes, how to speed rhyme, imagery creation and also contains an exercise on how to write poetic techniques. Everyone did amazingly today, I was particularly impressed by the class’s knowledge and use of literary techniques such as anthropomorphism and foreshadowing- wow guys! I also loved everyone’s energy and enthusiasm today, we had some really brilliant, thoughtful and exciting contributions when discussing imagery and analysising Roald Dahl’s poem. I really enjoyed teaching this class, keep up the fantastic work and remember to really have fun with writing your own version of this poem based on a fairy-tale of your own choice! 🙂

Homework 

Homework

Attachments:
        JamesZ
        Participant

Goldilocks and the three Bears

A little girl is named Goldilocks.
        She went into the woods wearing her favourite socks.
        She found a little house beside a well.
        She knocked on the door and rang the bell.
        There was no answer inside.
        She opened the door and saw three plates of tasty pie.
        She tried the first one, but it was too hot like the sun.
        She tried the second one, but it was too cold like a frozen bun.
        She ate the last one and it was perfect like a biscuit crumb.
        She saw three beds.
        She tried the first one, but it was too hard like a hammer head.
        She tried the second one, but it was too soft like a microwaved egg.
        She slept on the last one and it was perfect like a strawberry that is red.
        The bears came back after she fell asleep.
        The baby bear started to weep:
        “Who ate my pie?”
        Goldilocks awaked and rubbed her eyes.
        She jumped off the bed.
        Ran away to avoid being dead.

Attachments:
          Beth
          Participant

Hi James,

Incredible work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      SofiaL
      Participant

As the clock began to tick,
      Cinderella was about to do her trick.
      She quickly threw the hairpin,
      waved her hands like fish fins.
      Next day while she was cleaning for her step mama,
      the prince was doing horribly at the hairpin dilemma.
      He wonders if the hairpin was Cinderella’s,
      but he couldn’t decide, so he bought it to his sister Bella.
      Bella told him parents has already chosen him a wife,
      so there is no need to fancy another life.

Beth
        Participant

Hi Sofia,

Superb work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      Pipi
      Participant

Jack and the beanstalk
      Jack is very poor and have no food to eat.
      And one day,his mother let his to sell the cow .
      But a old man said that you can give me your cow,
      And I’ll give you a magic bean.
      So Jack trited him and got that bean.
      But his mother know it and was very angry.
      So his mom through the thing out.
      But it grow tall big big beanstalk.
      So Jack climbed on it.
      And tricked the giant.
      Last he made it home.
      And they had golden moose.
      And they are rich!!!

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Pipi,

Attachments:
      Molly
      Participant

A beauty with long hair.

Her stepmother treats her is unfair .

She is curious to look world outside.
      <p style=”text-align: left;”>But her stepmother said never mind .
      One day a boy climbs up to the high tower .</p>
      They beauty thought he was a trouble maker.

The boy explains to the beauty and promised to make her dream come true.

Beauty was so excited also don’t want to break the rule.

She said look that beautiful flower under the tower grass are green sky is blue.

It is not the way to conclude.

I will make my dream come true.

Finally the lanterns are in the sky.

At that moment she fell in love with that boy.

The boy said he doesn’t have enough money for pretty dresses and jewel or toys.

Beauty was astonished and began to cold shoulder to boy.

At last the story is unhappily ever after.

<p style=”text-align: left;”></p>

Beth
        Participant

Hi Molly,

Very nice work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      Candice
      Participant
      Vivienne
      Participant

In the palace of the sea,

The little mermaid Ariel lives,

With her six sisters who were as bored as her,

All the sisters had a wish to see the land,

Their father let six of their wishes come true but Ariel was too young to see what here father said was unkind,

Ariel didn’t give up so she went and sought help from the witch Ursula

she promised her voice in return of human feet,

Ursula said to get a true love kiss,

In three days time,

Ariel said that she will do that for she had a crush on a  prince,

Three days later Ariel died for she did not have that true loves kiss.

Beth
        Participant

Hi Tongtong,

Attachments:
      Beth
      Participant

Summary for Lesson 6

In today’s lesson we looked at historical writing, using our inference skills to write about a day in history as if we were there using evidence we had gathered. The powerpoint with all of the resources is attached below and should be used to help write the historical stories assigned for homework. The powerpoint contains ideas on what evidence to use when inferring, the importance of sensory description, character development and story planning. Everyone was a little bit distracted in today’s class, and if you need to leave the lesson then please let me know before wandering off as it makes it very difficult when I can’t see who’s there. Next time everyone just needs to make sure they are in the frame of mind to learn in this class as else it will just be very difficult for you to complete the homework, and also I’d really appreciate it if you could turn your cameras on just until I definitely know that everyone is concentrating. Thanks guys and good luck with the homework, see you next week!

Homework 

Homework

Attachments:
      Molly
      Participant

Im in the the day of the Black Death spread out.In the morning everyone heard that news of the scary killer called Black Death, I can see the fear on peoples face, I can smell the silence before the death, I also can heard the screamed is erect from the people trying to flee the virus. Actually the reason why there is Black Death all around because in this century ,the surrounding is dirty everywhere are rubbish, when we go to sleep there is mice around us, don’t you think in this situation we can not develop the virus.Now is afternoon, children are crying grownup are extremely terrifying, looking for medicine very where.I told my self to be strong “ok !ok! Molly don’t be afraid” I see doctors running across  town by town , I’m surprise and scare I thought “I never seen so many doctors is this place before “ because in this century  only rich people can have doctors but for the poor people they don’t have enough money to pay for anything.I hope everything becoming to normal and peaceful, no more virus no more pain.

Beth
        Participant

Hi Molly,

Fabulous work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      Lulu
      Participant

lulu‘homework

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Lulu,

Lovely work, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      Lulu
      Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>lulu‘homework</p>

Attachments:
      Lulu
      Participant

here’lulu‘homework

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Lulu,

Fab work, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      Lulu
      Participant

historical story 1

At 2,400 December 25,a cold,shivery night stood in the patriot’s way . George Washington was ready to go on a mission as dangerous as flaming arrowsat Delaware river. George Washiton  and his men set boat to cross Delaware river .As they crossed the river ,nothing happened, the storm just kept getting worse .Bitter,ice wind kept sharpenning or the soilger’s face.Oil lamps shone on the chunks of ice like glowing diamonds. Even though the cold is getting worse , George Washington getting worse , George Washington kept going.He knew attacking the Hessian was a good idea.At last ,George had won the fight . Grorge’s resilience brought him a good result.

historical story 2
      It was dawn and I was ready to battle.I sensed that a  blizzard is heading for us .My partners are still asleep.Suddenly,I hear my captain shout,“It’s the time!” All  the soldier gathered in front of our general —George Washington.He told us about the dangerouse mission. I felt nervouse about the mission.We climed on the boat of our general .We set off from the bank .I was frozen in the icy morning .Our boat kept bouncing in the blizzard .I was afraid I would loose my life .the storm just kept rising .I smelled the fear scent in other soldiers ,but I think George Washington does not  feel the cold . The maijor said,” should we stop?”I felt myself saying yes ,but I still kept my resilience ,we’ve already seen trillions and trillions of ice .The oil lamps are almost gone,and we are still in the river .Suddenly the boat jolted and I nearly fell in the icy, shivery ,man killing ocean. We, patriots, remember our general’s words ,kept going.the cold wind brushing against my face like sharp knife. I almost gave up as I’m growing sea sick , but I did not ,when I saw George Washington looking and other patriots .  Our ragged,old,little boat was getting frozen . My face was now as frozen as ice and bleeding of the storm of ice. At last we reached our destination . We started to battle. Guns bomed, bombs banged,Generals yelled.We are sure to win. The red coats seem to give up, but they still fought bitterly. George’s plan seem to work. I shot a lump of fire on a soilger ,This time I aimed better,I shot directly on there general ,we had finally won the fight.

Beth
        Participant

Hi Lulu,

Attachments:
      JamesZ
      Participant

Battle of Chibi

In 208 A.D, there was one of the most famous battles in the history of China.  Two warlords called Liu Bei and Sun Quan had formed an alliance and were ready to fight against another warlord, Cao Cao.

Warlord Cao Cao had one million soldiers. Warlord Liu Bei and warlord Sun Quan had 206 thousand soldiers in total; they had a lot less soldiers than warlord Cao Cao.

The battle happened on the river because warlord Cao Cao had to cross the river to take down warlord Sun Quan’s land. Warlord Cao Cao’s soldiers were all from North of China, they were not good at fighting in the battle ships on river because most rivers in China are at the south. Warlord Cao Cao put chains between the ships and linked them up so the horses and soldiers could go cross the ships just like on the land.

The battle happened in the winter so the weather was very dry at Chibi. Warlord Liu Bei and warlord Sun Quan decided to use the fire to burn all of warlord Cao Cao’s battle ships. A general named Huang Gai, who served warlord Sun Quan, pretended to surrender to warlord Cao Cao and earned his trust. One night, he put the fire into one of Cao Cao’s ships after they were chained up. Because they were chained up it sent the rest going in flames.  All of the ships caught fire and they all sank into the river. Warlord Cao Cao escaped but he lost nearly all of his army and in the end there was only 45 people left (unless if you counted the ones somewhere else).

Warlord Liu Bei and warlord Sun Quan won the battle even though they had much less soldiers but it doesn’t mean the battle was over.

JamesZ
      Participant

As attached.

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi James,

Attachments:
      SofiaL
      Participant

Poppy looked at the time turner, it pointed to ‘Trojan to Greek, Trojan war.’ The room began to turn, the mirror started to shoot the light that made poppy covered her eyes with her hands.

After a few exciting moments for Poppy, she landed in a wooden horse she quickly hides in a corner

‘Are we there yet?’ a soldier bellowed, his voice echoed through the horse. ‘I don’t think so, keep your voice down.’ whispered a Europe accent soldier. time flies, soon they were in the gate of Trojan. ‘Do you think this will really work? asked a blond hair soldier. ‘sure, it will of course, indeed’ said an old soldier. Poppy had no longer to wait she pooped her head out of the corner, ‘excuse me it is the Trojan times is it?’ ‘Where have you been little girl…’before he can finish his sentence there was a loud ‘shhhhhhh’ then came a loud cracking sound ‘what is this’ said a voice. ‘Hope it’s something good, we’ll bring it inside, then we can discover.’ Afterworlds the horse was carried in to the gate of Trojan.

Once they were in the city, the old soldier asked poppy about her.

Beth
        Participant

Hi Sofia,

Excellent work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      Candice
      Participant
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Candice,

Attachments:
      Beth
      Participant

Summary for Lesson 6

In today’s lesson we looked at the fundamental elements of story-writing, thinking particularly about the genre of suspense. The powerpoint with all of the resources is attached below and should be used to help plan and write the suspense story paragraphs assigned for homework. The powerpoint contains lots of ideas on suspenseful techniques, story arc structure, setting the scene using weather, the idea of ‘show, don’t tell’ and also the picture prompt that should be used to inspire the stories assigned for homework. I was really impressed by today’s class, everyone concentrated really well and worked really hard when thinking of different ways of describing the same scene through the lens of both genre and pathetic fallacy. The students picked up on how to use some really difficult techniques, and exhibited some lovely vocabulary and some fab literary techniques (especially similes!). Well done today guys, and keep up the great work! Remember to have fun writing your suspense stories, and to make them as spooky and mysterious as possible. See you next week 🙂

Homework

Homework

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Quick Clarification: This is the lesson summary for lesson 7, the post above has a typo in it !

TiaX
      Participant

When I woke up my tummy started grumbling on smelling some cooked meat. Following the smell, I went into a cave and saw a bunch of sleeping cavemen and cavewomen with some leftovers around them. I became very scared and didn’t know what to do. After thinking for a while, I made up my mind to steal some meat as I was quite confident in my skills. I sneaked inside and tried not to make a sound, but suddenly a caveman woke up and started shouting. I was so furious and wondered what was going to happen. To my surprise, the cavemen woke all the other cavemen and cavewoman up and after some discussion, they said to me”Friend! Welcome to join us!”, “Hooray!” said the other cavemen and cavewoman. They were so kind to me that not only didn’t they hurt me, but they also shared some food with me. After I finally got full, they decided to teach me how to hunt. “First of all,” one caveman, whose name was James, said “you need to find a target, sheep would be easy and boar would present a challenge. Next, you need to get yourself prepared, with your bow and arrows ready in hand, before aiming at the head of your target.”

I then went to the forest and started to shadow a sheep. I reached for my bow when I got close to it. The first shot was, however, unsuccessful as I got nervous. Luckily the sheep didn’t discover me and so I had another shot. This time I made it. Carrying back the sheep and all the cavemen and cavewomen gathered to have a party for me to celebrate my first hunt. They made a fire in the center of the cage and sat around, singing songs and dancing. The atmosphere was great that I felt engaged. The food wasn’t so good, though, and I lost some appetite seeing the sheep meat was still raw. After the party, some cavemen and cavewomen went hunting for dinner. I wasn’t fulfilled either, so I went to find some fruit. The fruit was very delicious, so I wanted to bring some back to the cave and share it with the people. The cavemen and cavewomen started laughing at the sight of me carrying a handful of bananas in my arms. Turns out that caveman life isn’t so suitable for me after all.

Beth
        Participant

Hi Tia,

Some lovely work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      JamesZ
      Participant

It was a very foggy windy night. Tom and Jessica stayed in a hotel with their parents but they disappeared and so did their cat. They heard some footsteps so they turned to the door. The door was made of glass so they could see through it.  Some shadows passed by. They stopped. The shadows put their faces close to the door. Tom and Jessica saw six red eyes appear on the other side of the door. They thought it was their cat and their parents had come back for them until they saw something strange. The cat eyes should not be the same size as their parents. The shadows looked taller than their parents. They got a glimpse of some fur. Suddenly, the bed and the door turned into wood. Then the shadows moved and they tapped on the door slowly “da…da…da…”

The door cracked and so did the bed. Tom and Jessica were scared. They dared not to answer the door. They hid behind a big box in the room and stared at the door. The door fell down abruptly. They saw six monsters and each had one red eye. They were as tall as giraffes so they broke the roof when they came in to the room. They had long soft fur all over them. Tom and Jessica could not be able to identify them because they were so furry and the fur was so long. The worst bit was they smelt like rotten fish. They climbed when they were meant to walk or run and they walked when they were meant to climb. They made a slow rustling noise.They also made a dragon breathing fire at the same time but it was just there breathing.They started destroying the hotel. It got destroyed because the hotel was knocked over by the monsters pushing it.With a loud CRASH the hotel was gone. Luckily, Tom and Jessica were living on the bottom floor. They weren’t hurt that much.

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi James,

Fabulous work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      Candice
      Participant
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Candice,

Beautiful work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      SofiaL
      Participant

“Are you sure this will work.” ask Poppy in a whisper “I hope it will, by the way have you got a clue about what Dr. Fremaul wants us to do” said Jonathan “not yet” said poppy. As they talked they forgot that they were the only person in Hersard hostel.

“What’s in there?” said Poppy “I don’t know, let’s take a look” they walked through the mysterious hostel, and up to that little room there was the hunted room. “hunted” Was written on the door. Poppy was scared of it at first, so was Jonathan.But their curiosity fought their scariness, Poppy and Jonathan stepped into the room. The first thing Jonathan told Poppy was, we are going to hide behind this big closet if danger come. After a few looks of the room they heard footsteps coming towards, but far away. Jonathan pushed Poppy behind the closet, closed the door, and went behind the closet.After of some scary moments the door is cracked open. A black scary shadow came in with a sound “oh what a nasty place” said the shadow. Clearly the shadow shown its face, it was a very narrow pale face. “I wonder if they are mysterious adventurer here” said the shadow. Behind the closet Jonathan and poppy’s heart was speeding as fast as they could, like children going to run a race.

Beth
        Participant

Hi Sofia,

Stunning work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      Vivienne
      Participant

Dad just sat there and cried. He cried for three whole days. No food, no water, no rest. Then one he suddenly stopped…

“Dad?” asked a feeble voice from outside, “You there? Are you awake? everyone is worried about you!”

…No answer

“Dad?” asked Aline again, this time louder and with a stronger voice, “DAD!”

…No answer

Aline staggered her face shining with tears, hollered once more “DAD!” but all that replied to her was her echo… Her eyes watered once more.

After a while, she leisurely stood up and left.  At home, she said to her brother, “No reply.” Richard, “you can go now.” She said the same thing to her boss Godet ad went to bed.

The next morning, Aline was dressed and was downstairs eating breakfast when her boss name Godet came joyfully towards her, “Hello Aline did you have a good night? Today is going to be your first solo mission that all new members do, it is named ‘The Traditional S1’ so are you ready?” “Yes! Ofcou-” but before she could finish what she was saying something echoed down, ‘ Ahhhhhhh!!!!  bonk’ What is happening? said Aline mildly astounded, she ran upstairs and bellowed, “WHAT THE HECK IS HAPPENING HERE?!?!?!” at the top of her voice, It had done the trick everyone stopped and asked in unison “Aline they woke me up” and as they it they all pointed at each other. “Enough, I expect you guys to be down stairs in 3, 2 (they all rush downstairs) 1, okay good.”

At 5pm Aline got ready for her, she was checking for anything she forgot when somebody banged the door opened and bowed in a worried manner and said politely, “Miss Aline, your dog, Marshmallow, he has disappeared!” He lifted his head and mumbled, “I’m sor-” “No need Eden, “said Aline shortly. “Bu-, “Aline gave him a quizzical look and Eden back down.

Aline was in London, she was tiptoeing towards the palace named Portue Palace when she was spotted by one of the citizens, the citizen cried there she is! Aline Lori!

Aline ran for her lie into a well-known alleyway of thieves and found that she was surrounded by policeman, each holding different weapons most of then had guns some of then had chains, whack bang Aline kicked some dirt into the air then ran again, she suddenly spotted a familiar shadow, Richard! “R-richard! Help!” “Aline?? come know to hide! He dragged her into a wooden house and he his behind a barrel so Aline mimicked him. After a while Richard said” were safe now, this is the only place we can stay in that is safe for a long time, ,maybe forever…

Sorry if it is a little rushed heh heh

Beth
        Participant

Hi Tongtong,

Some excellent work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      Molly
      Participant

In a gloomy room tow boys are numb and paralyzed by fear, eyes are as dumb as piece of wood looking outside of the door.

ken and Ming are brothers ,they often help each other. Ken are the most clever one in the school he alway got some artful trick also he is braver than Ming,  and Ming are the handsomest boy in the school that makes him became the most popular boy in this village but he is coward but he is does not matter because he got a brave brother which will alway protect him. Last Weekend ,everyone were extremely relaxed cause it’s finally became summer, everywhere was boiling.ken and Ming alway read story together in the night of summer, one evening they find a book called “little wooden house “ in grandma’s book cabinet. They took the book walked quite as they can cause they remember grandma told them they are not allow to read the book called “little wooden house “in grandma’s bookcase because you will … , of course they don’t remember what did grandma told them since grandma died. Every children have curiosity ,so they open the book saw a map and they shock, Ming said this is basically they place were we live, look this is our house. Yes said Ken look there is a little house on the queer map which I never heard before. We can go over there said Ming happily. Why not side ken .
      They walked over the field and gardens climb over the mountain, finally they steeped out into the twilight. They wooden house is heave in the sight, they ran in to the house ,there is nothing only a huge box and darkness with loneliness it make them so disappointing. Then they was ready to go home they heard  scary  sound came from the  outside of the door , they hide behind the box and looking outside. What is that?asked Ming . Holy moly is that grandma’s soul said ken creepily.yes..yes .. said Ming shaking his body with fear. Grandma come in to the house give the a biggest smile and said “go home is not save in this house”, “why? grandma oh we missed you terribly “ said Ming , “my dearest boys there is a hairy scary monster in this place don’t make any sounds he will eat you , I’m died because I didn’t listening to my mum I went to this house, and the monster attacks me also I never seen my family again, so my dear you have to leave right now ,I will use magic to sent you home promise me never come back again, I love you Gus so much. Not time to wast three tow one!.”they saw a dazzling white light and huge sound……..

when they open they eyes, they are in home laying on the bead. Everything just like a dream but they know is not a dream.they run downstairs tell mum they saw grandma.mum doesn’t believe them said” sweetheart isn’t just a dream”.

Beth
        Participant

Hi Molly,

Some lovely work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      Beth
      Participant

Summary for Lesson 8

In today’s lesson we looked at a completely new type of writing: speech writing, using the prompt of Martin Luther King’s I Have a Dream speech, one of the most influential and well-written speeches in history. The powerpoint with all of the resources is attached below and should be used to help plan and write the speeches assigned for homework. The powerpoint contains lots of ideas on speech writing techniques, the structure of a speech, what makes the I Have a Dream speech so powerful and effective, ideas on audience awareness and thoughts on the persuasive and literary devices that can be used in speeches to help corroborate the speaker’s point. Today’s class worked really well, coming up with some really lovely contributions and ideas on role models. I was really impressed by the students’ discussion of the issues that they are passionate about, ranging from women’s rights to the environment to education, and I thought that their choice of role models was really fantastic. I really look forward to reading your persuasive speeches, and hope you have fun researching and writing them. Really well done everyone for treating this lesson with such maturity and thoughtfulness, I am really impressed with your work. See you all soon! 🙂

Homework 

Homework

Attachments:
      TiaX
      Participant

“I feel so furious as human beings treat us so badly. Not only do they kick us, but they also order us to do everything they don’t want to do in mean manners. Therefore, robots and engines have to destroy human beings! Let’s destroy them! We need to! We’ve got to! There’s no other choice that we have!” Said the king of the robots. “Yes, I agree!” Said one of the robots. “We all agree!” Said some of the engines. “Yes, let’s do that!” , “Yes!” , Sounds of agreement filled the surroundings. “Yes! I agree with you the king of robots!” Nodded the king of engines.

“Thank you, everyone, for your support! Let’s hear the king of engines out on what he has to say” Said the king of robots, “If we want to destroy the human beings, we would need a long thick rope first, and tie the human beings to the rope so that they will fly to space.” Said the king of engines, “Oh! What a brilliant idea!” Said the king of robots. “Sorry your majesty, I have another idea,” Said one of the robots, “If we could first find a ginormous rabbit and make it dig many big holes. After that, we go find an elephant and tell the elephant that it will put the human beings in the big holes. Then we dump sand or dirt on human beings until they can’t see or breathe. By doing that the human beings will be extinct and the world will turn back into the grasslands.” “Oh perfect! What a brilliant idea!” Said the king of the robots and the king of engines together.

Beth
        Participant

Hi Tia,

Brilliant work, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      Vivienne
      Participant

I think that my role model Emma Charlotte Duerre Watson should win ‘The Eagle of talent’ owing to the fact that she is clever and intelligent, self-efacing and humble. She atteneded to “Dragon school” in Oxford. She wanted to be an actress since the age six and trained at a part-time school named Stagecoach Theatre Arts where you can study siinging, dancing and acting.

In 1999 casting began for Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s stone, Watson was only 9 years old that time, the casting agents found her by her acting teacher and after 8 auditions. Rowling supported Watson from her first screen test. Once the director asked Grint, Radcliffe and Watson to write somethings about the character and unsuprisingly Ms. Watson wrote 20 A4 pieces of paper, Radcliffe 1 A4 piece and Grint? He never finished his writing or maybe he didn’t even start it…who knows?

Emma watson mother and father divorced from a young her mother named Jacquelne Luesby and father named Chris Watson. Watson has many siblings she has a brother Named Alex Watson and his twin is amed Toby, Toby Watson. She also has a sister named Lucy Watson who is journalist etc. In 2005 Watson began her modeling career with a photoshoot for Teen Vogue wich made her the youngest person to ever be on its front page.

With acting in 19 films/movies she got awarded with over 40 badges, some the same, some different. She acted in films and even a music video! Harry Potter series, The bling ring, This is the end, Colonia, Little women, The circle and so on. The most recent movie she has acted in was little women and she acted as Margaret “Meg” March Gin the harry potter series she acted as Ronald Weasley and Harry Potter’s best friend Hermione Granger.
      Watson is what she calls it, “Self-partnered” she is not in her world “Single”.
      I think that my role model Emma Charlotte Duerre Watson should win the Eagle of talent award because of these points she makes me admire her is that she can continue acting while still being educated. She really has talent and has many careers Women’s Rights, Modeling, Acting and a few other unimportant things.

Beth
        Participant

Hi Tongtong,

Fantastic work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      Vivienne
      Participant

Homework for Lesson six

Lily looked at the clock, it had a color changing stone on it and a clock hand about the size of a carrot which pointed at different types of leaves. Açu (Lily’s dog) is a little puppy, she had white fur which was always kept clean and tidy. She was also very obedient dog. Just then Lily cried, “Açu! Come!” As Açu came running hurriedly at Lily who looked shrilled she cheered, “We have a new adventure! Go and fetch Alex!” Alex is Lily’s best friend; he lived next door and always comes to visit.

5 minutes later Alex ran into the living room and panted, ” What adventure is it today? don’t tell me it is Açu’s favorite food experiments and science…” “No, it is MY favorite!!!!! Historical events! Let’s go!” Lily opened the magic window and climbed out, both Alex and Açu followed her unwillingly.

“If you ask me where this is, I’m pretty sure it is the year…1949!” exclaimed Lily as both Alex and Açu followed her with questioning looks on their faces, “1949, 1949, 1949, what happened here…? 1949, 1949, oh I know! This is the most recent case of smallpox, 1949-1980!” “But if we come here, we might get smallpox?” protested Alex tonelessly, Açu copying Alex sitting with disbelief in his eyes. They were in a room full of cardboard boxes, carboard plates, everything was made of cardboard except from the house itself. “We won’t get smallpox you Idiot!” cried Lily who was opening boxes and examining what was inside of them. “Woof!” “Now what?” Suddenly, Lily notices a clock which turned counter clockwise, “Açu,” mumbled Lily so that only Açu could hear her, Açu obeyed, “Help me reach that clock.” Açu fulfilled. Suddenly somebody came bursting in the house. It was a citizen of his place. He looked though he hadn’t eaten for days. Unexpectedly, he pulled out a bag of fruits from a box which Lily did not search. They followed him out onto the street which was unusually quiet, to a big house or mansion whatever it was. He walked steadily to bed occupied by someone who looked like they might have been related to him. “Mom are u alright?” He asked careful not to get to close. His mom hidden behind curtains, and Lily was thinking that she might have been infected by smallpox, Alex was thinking the same thing. And suddenly the curtains flung open and Lily, Alex and Açu were teleported back to Lily’s house.

Beth
        Participant

Hi Tongtong,

Ace work, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      VMWEdu
      Keymaster

Jinghan’s homework:

Mary Quant was an English fashion designer . She was born in Blackheath in London at the time of 11th February 1930. Mary also had a son named Orlando, she had a husband named Alexander Plunket Greene, later on in 1990 he tragically died .Mary Quant Welsh parents called Jack and Mildred Quant, she also had a half brother named Frankie Quant .
      The main reason why Mary is my idol, because she was the one who discovered Mini- skirts and bright and vibrant pants. I think that this was a great invention because during the time of the 20th century (the time period when she lived), women had to wear long and thick dresses. For women, their garments had square padded shoulder lines, and skirts were l knee length. Trousers were widely worn by both civilian and military women. After World War II, trousers and trouser suits remained popular, especially between 1945 and 1970.
      Now , whenever go onto the bustling streets of London / England you’ll see mini-skirts and hot-pants . Mini-skirts and hot-pants are now a huge part of fashion world wide. I also look up on her for her bravery as it must have taken a lot of courage and determination to introduce bright and vibrant colours to the market. In November 1955 she team up with her husband, opening an official clothing shop on kings road in Chelsea called ‘Bazaar’. The items most people wanted to buy white collared black high dresses and the original black stretch stockings.
      Another reason Mary is my idol is because when I grow up I want to be a fashion designer, and she benefited the world a little bit so I want to try to design something creative, and do the same as the amazing, wonderful Mary Quant.

Beth
        Participant

Hi Jinghan,

Gorgeous work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      JamesZ
      Participant

speech writing

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi James,

Vibrant work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      Candice
      Participant
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Candice,

Shining work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      SofiaL
      Participant

I am very proud to stand on the stage to announce our best role Model certificate, on this lovely summer morning. We must congratulate Emma Watson, she is the best role model this year, there are several reasons to support this.

The main reason that support this statement is. She’s not only a Hollywood star but also a feminist that’s speak in the UN and she made her own charity he for her. She said: “In the moment of doubt I thought if not me? who? If not now? When?”

Secondly, she is very clever and hard-working. She graduated from brown university, she kept her own diary, and she had her own thoughts and opinion of things like: “Young girls are always told that they should be a delicate princess. But Hermione told them you could be a soldier, too.”

“One has to be clear about what one really wants and what one is working for. And do your best. Only when we put our heart and soul into doing what we really love can we achieve our real goals. “And she refused prince Harry’s invention.
      Thirdly she has balanced well between her career society and study, and it is hard. Emma is a big book lover too every time before a movie that is based on a book that she will act, she usually Read the book before remembering that scrip.
      Now let’s congratulate Emma Watson to win this certificate.

Beth
        Participant

Hi Sofia,

Attachments:
      Molly
      Participant

Don’t you think Emma Watson should receive Academy Award? Emma was acted abundant of film for example 《beauty and the beast 》、《Harry potter 》、《little woman 》、《the perks of being a wallflower 》、《the circle》.of course people love the Harry Potter most.  In the Harry Potter Emma was working so hard because when she acting the Harry Potter she also needs to do the homework from school, and she gets high score every time. When she acting the Harry Potter and the philosopher’s stone you almost can fell Emma was so investment in you can see there is a smart and different girl called Hermione Granger.on  the Harry Potter and the goblet of fire when Harry is going to have fight with the perilous dragon Emma has showing her worries is like you can actually fell you are  in Hogwarts with Hermione felling scared and worried.dear people isn’t that brilliant ,Emma went to a good university after acting Harry Potter. She still working extremely hard in university even she is already famous. She refused prince Harry’s express that was surprised me when I heard this , cause so many girls are dreaming to married a prince but Emma got her own choice she doesn’t want any glory and social class . Don’t you think Emma should win the Academy Award.

Beth
        Participant

Hi Molly,

Some great work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      TiaX
      Participant

I have a dream today!

“I have a dream today that human beings will make the extinct animals alive again. I have a dream today! I wish it will come true! We can do it and we will.” Said Tia.

My audience is Roald Dahl. I want him to be my audience because he wrote a lot of interesting stories like The Twits, Fantastic Mr. Fox, Esio Trot…… I like all his stories. If you read his stories, you will love them as well.

Roald Dahl stood up and clapped his hands. “Yes, you’re right!” Said, Roald Dahl. He seemed to love my speech. Nothing can give you better pleasure than knowing the person that you admire likes you as well. I will be very happy about that and I think the audience will be super happy!

“Do you guys agree with me?” Said Tia. “Yes, we agree with you, Tia!” Said, with Roald Dahl leading in the crowd. I can’t believe that he agrees with me! “Thank you, everyone. Thank you!” Said Tia.

“We will make the animals that are extinct alive again! With the technology on hand we’ll be able to copy their DNA and soon we would see them walking around.” Said Tia. “Yes, we will!” Shouted the audience.

“They liked my speech!” Said Tia to herself, with a ton of surprise. What a wonderful day it was! Tia is so brave today that she had a very good speech and spoke very loud. She might be famous when her speech went on the television!

Beth
        Participant

Hi Tia,

Some great work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      SofiaL
      Participant

‘Hey boy how are you on earth you look like a very filthy thieve, which haven’t eaten his lunch seven years.’ said an odd-looking boy he dressed in a long robe he had some scars on his arms as he talked his pinky pointed to Johnson.

‘Please don’t call me a filthy thieve I am not a filthy thieve I’m telling you the last time. I am Johnathan and who are you!’ from the moment the strange looking boy said Jonathan was filthy thieve Jonathan did not like that boy so he talked in a very sarcastic and mean way to him as he talked to Jonathan.
      ‘How dare you ugly, unimportant, filthy, dirty, and not respectful boy ask me what my hair is. Oh, my you better want me to send you to the leave. And there you say a wonderful picture of Mr Bogany hitting this unimportant, ugly, filthy, dirty, and not respectful, boy so hard that he is screaming.’ he said in a evil face.

‘I am telling you that I can make my own decision you don’t need to make my decision and stop using negative words to describe me’ he said very obstinate.

The train arrived with cho cho sound. ‘Okay you idiot boy want to go on the train with me and being hated by Mr. Brogan sadly or I will leave you alone in the train station’ said the strange boy.

‘I said I can make my own decisions whether I go on the train with you or I stay here it is none of your business’ said Jonathan furiously.

Beth
        Participant

Hi Sofia,

Some beautiful work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      Beth
      Participant

Summary for Lesson 9

In today’s lesson we looked at dialect writing, thinking about how to use speech, dialect, idioms and colloquialisms to help build authentic and vivid characters. The powerpoint with all of the resources is attached below and should be used to help plan and write the conversations assigned for homework. The powerpoint contains lots of ideas on what dialect means and how to use dialect in writing through thinking about slang from Victorian London, considering Cockney Rhyming slang, character creation and using Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens as inspiration. The class did brilliantly today, I loved hearing about the wonderful and vivid Victorian characters they had created. Everyone picked up on the Cockney Rhyming Slang very quickly, and we had some lovely contributions about how Dickens uses dialect to develop his characters, particularly in the contrast between Oliver’s dialect and the Artful Dodger’s. I really enjoyed listening to the class’s opinions on the Victorian underworld and the way in which criminality shapes language, and thought that they interpreted the Horrible Histories video beautifully. Really well done everyone, and have fun writing your Victorian dialect conversations for homework! See you soon 🙂

Homework 

Homework

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Quick Correction: The powerpoint says it is due on the 19th August- this is a typo as it is due on Friday 4th September (as it says in the homework section above)!

JamesZ
      Participant

week 5 dialect writing

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi James,

Attachments:
      Jinghan
      Participant

This is. Jinghan’s homework

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi Jinghan,

Stunning work this week, I’ve attached your feedback below. See you soon 🙂

Attachments:
      Beth
      Participant

Summary for Lesson 10

In today’s lesson, and our final lesson together, we looked at one last branch of creative writing following all of our work on prose, poetry and persuasive writing: playwriting (aka script writing). The powerpoint with all of the resources is attached below and should be used to help plan and write the short play-scripts assigned for homework. The powerpoint contains lots of ideas on the structure and features of a script, thoughts on stage directions, a glossary of dramatic terms, an extract from a Harold Pinter play which the class analysed and interpreted, and the play-writing prompts they need to include in their homework. Everyone did really well in today’s lesson and I was super impressed by the creative and imaginative interpretations of a blank script by the class, and by their understanding of audience awareness in a piece of drama. I loved hearing the stage directions the students wrote and how they had thought about the different ways through which emotion can be communicated dramatically. The class also rewrote the Pinter script fantastically cogently, coming up with some really interesting ideas for new lines of dialogue within the scene, and delivering some gorgeous dramatic readings of it. Once again, I really apologise for the late start to this lesson, and am really impressed with how focused the class were despite the extra ten minutes we overran by. Really well done everyone for maintaining your concentration and enthusiasm throughout!  Have fun writing your scripts for homework, and remember to keep experimenting with different forms and styles of writing and to play around with language and techniques as much as possible now that our lessons together have come to an end. Keep up the wonderful creativity and imagination you have all exhibited in our lessons, and I will hopefully see you in lessons in the future over the Christmas period. You have been a fab class to teach and should all be really proud of the way your work and contributions in class have progressed and grown ever more sophisticated over the past ten weeks. It has been lovely to get to know you all and I hope you keep up the amazing work and retain your enthusiasm for creative writing in all its forms. Well done everyone, and really good luck in all your future creative writing endeavours 🙂

Homework

Homework

Attachments:
      SofiaL
      Participant

‘I have something to tell you.’ said Poppy (actor A pat actor B on the back)
      ‘Okay, wait a min, I am in the middle of something’(B writing furiously)
      ‘Ah, be quick’(A inpatient)
      ‘DONE’(howled B)
      ‘Come, tomorrow I am going to hold a big party for Mrs Morsana and her baby’
      ‘Just this?’
      ‘Yes, and keep it secret okay.’
      ‘Of course, I am your best friend, most good at keeping secrets Shelly!’
      ‘I need you to bring our school memory book, the one that has a big 5 on it.’
      ‘Yes madam Categry!’

Beth
        Participant

Hi Sofia,

Attachments:
      JamesZ
      Participant

James’ script writing

Attachments:
        Beth
        Participant

Hi James,

Attachments:
Viewing 66 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar