Lesson 23

Lesson 24

Lesson 25

VMWEdu
      Keymaster

Summary for Lesson 1

What did we cover?
      – Discussed the first four chapters of The Sorcerer’s Stone
      – Discussed first impressions and how these can be confirmed or challenged
      – Set and discussed the homework task
      Class Report
      The classes were generally really engaged and switched on, and had a lot to contribute and
      discuss. We spent a lot of time discussing our impressions of characters and how J.K. Rowling
      teaches us that we should not judge a book by its cover. I was really impressed both with the
      classes’ reading comprehension (they generally had a really good grasp of what was going on in
      each of the chapters) and by the their ability to read into the text, pick up wider themes, and
      analyse deeper subtext.
      We began to pick out what themes were being developed within the books, discussing family and
      friendship, the importance of kindness and empathy, and the importance of imagination.
      Largely the groups were really keen to answer my questions and would often discuss points
      between each other without any input from me, which I was really pleased to see. They were not
      afraid to contradict each other in a way that was both respectful and insightful.
      When asking comprehension questions I would often receive long and elaborate answers that
      showed in depth thought about the books, and demonstrated that they had prepped for the
      lesson.
      I was particularly impressed with each group’s ability to understand that we each imagine
      characters’ appearances very differently and that this effects the way we view them in our minds.
      There was occasionally some difficulty with students who would interrupt or talk over other
      students, or myself, and this had to be dealt with. Once raised, however, the students were
      generally good at letting others speak.

Homework for Lesson 1:

Write a story about how you would feel if you got accepted into Hogwarts. You can imagine
      that you come from a Muggle family or a Wizarding family – if you are in a Wizarding family
      you might expect your letter and have been told a bit about Hogwarts by your parents!
      Describe your feelings at getting accepted, and what you look forward to most about going
      to Hogwarts.

AnnaL
      Participant

If I got accepted into Hogwarts, I would feel excited and a little bit nervous to meet new wizards and professors. I would like to be in a wizarding family, so my parents can tell me all about Hogwarts before I went. If I was a wizard then I would really look forward to being sorted into the Gryffindor house because it is the house of bravery. I would also look forward to different classes and subjects about magic spells, and I also think speaking parseltongue is fascinating because I never spoke to a snake before. I would like to meet Professor Snape, Professor Mcgonagoll and Professor Dumbledore.

Lea
      Participant

Lesson 1 – homework

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Audrey
      Participant

my little writing, attached.

call me bouncy riceball.

Attachments:
      Audrey
      Participant

Audrey G4

The day before school in Audrey’s home an ordinary morning took place until the post arrived. Audrey went down to get the mail but discovered a large barn owl sitting on the stairs. She ignored it, grabbed the mail and dashed back upstairs while wondering why an owl would be out in daytime, as they usually came out at night. She thumbed through the letters and saw some for her father, some, for her mother…and suddenly she saw an envelope bearing her name in green ink, that very moment the door of the lift banged open. She ringed the bell and her parents let her in the house. Audrey gave them their letters and darted for her room excitement and happiness flooding through her, as she rarely got any letters.

Audrey flipped the letter over ready to rip it open, but stopped because she saw a coat of arms-a lion, a serpent, an eagle and a badger surrounding a big letter ‘H’. She digested the look of it and quickly ripped the envelope open, inside there were three pieces of paper, she picked them up and began to read. She read on and on, each letter adding more excitement, when finally she finished reading, Audrey jumped in joy the second she was done, as she recalled what the letter was about-she was accepted at Hogwarts School Of Witch Craft And Wizardry, a magic school. She rushed out to the dining room where her parents were and told them exactly what had happened to her. Her parents were shocked yet happy for her, so they agreed to take her to platform 9 ¾ – the way on the train to her new school.

Over the next few days, this new witch still couldn’t get through the idea of being a witch. She longed to ride the Hogwarts Express and buy her things-wait! Where to buy her school things? Surely the stuff needed for wizard school wouldn’t be sold at a bookstore. She wondered for a minute, then remembered there was a third piece of parchment which wrote the address of the shops. Audrey thought about the whole affair and he own feelings until very late, and fell into a lovely sleep.

Suri
      Participant

Hello everyone, my name is… let’s say I want to stay Anonymous so anyways,  I just got my Hogwarts letter! My Mum and Dad were both at Hogwarts at my age, I was really excited. On contrary, I have really high expectations in my studies. I really hope I’m in Griffindor! My dad  was a Griffindor, My mum on the other side was a Ravenclaw. I hope to be like my father! All the male on my Father’s side are Griffindors! In the past few years, my parents would often tell me bedtime stories of what they been through all seven years in Hogwarts! I most look forward in Hogwarts is defense against dark arts, charms, transfiguration, potions and of course friends. Tomorrow I’m going to diagonal alley! Goodbye fellas!

Attachments:
      Vivian
      Participant

Please see attached.

Attachments:
      Abigail
      Participant

Reading homework attached:

Attachments:
        Audrey
        Participant

Hey I don’t have the log-in! please send copy and paste to me Abi, in our Wechat. Thanks!

from aubee/farty

Mofei
      Participant

Hello ,  here is my (MoFei) homework lesson 1.  Thanks.

Attachments:
      Karus
      Participant

Please see attached.

Attachments:
      Sabrina
      Participant

Homework for Lesson 1

Attachments:
      LeoM
      Participant

Homework for Lesson 1 

by Leo

Attachments:
      RachelM
      Keymaster

Hello everyone! Really lovely work this week, I was very impressed with all of the writing that you sent to me! For those of you who haven’t completed the homework yet, if you could get it to me within the next two days, that would be perfect! Please do let me know in the lesson tomorrow if you are unable to complete it.

A general bit of feedback for everyone is to please check your grammar and spelling! Everyone made at least a few mistakes with both grammar and spelling, so that’s definitely something to improve on.

Also regarding length of responses, if we could keep responses to a single page that would be lovely!

See you all tomorrow!

Attachments:
      RachelM
      Keymaster

More feedback!

Attachments:
      RachelM
      Keymaster

Last response!

Attachments:
      Danny
      Participant

Danny

Karus
      Participant

Harry Potter lesson 2 HW ( Karus )

Attachments:
      Danny
      Participant

Danny-1

Attachments:
      Danny
      Participant

Danny-2

Attachments:
      Audrey
      Participant

Homeworkkkkkkkkkkkkk:

Audrey
      Participant

POOP’S POOP WRITING

Attachments:
      Abigail
      Participant

Second lesson homework

Attachments:
      Abigail
      Participant

Second lesson homework number 2:

Attachments:
      Samson
      Participant

Samson’s homework of Lesson 2

Attachments:
      Lea
      Participant

Lea- Lesson 2 -Homework

Attachments:
      Nina
      Participant

Just a few more minutes before my eleventh birthday. I sat on the damp floor as
      I stared at the old wooden door as time flew, and before I noticed, I was eleven years old. I wondered as I stared at the door, ‘Would a miracle happen this year?’ Right when I was about to stand up there was a big boom. ‘That was probably-’ my thoughts snapped when my lazy cousin Regina woke up.

‘I’M TRYING TO GET MY BEAUTY SLEEP HERE. Why do you have to ruin EVERYTHING for m-’ And right when she was about to finnish her sentence the door fell to the damp muddy floor. I stared in awe as a large black figure entered the tiny living room of the tiny house we were currently in and hurried behind the already broken fridge. I was shaking and Regina was screaming. My aunt Brittney woke up due to Regina’s bloody scream.

-’OMG did Nina hurt you again?’Aunt Brittey asked

-’THAT FREAK IS DOING HER MAGIC AGAIN AND SHE RUINED MY BEAUTY SLEEP’ sobbed Regina

Then right when Aunt Brittney was about to slap me, the floor shaked ‘DON’T YOU DARE TOUCH HER’ said a low and mysterious voice . Then, the black figure walked from behind the fridge and finally showed itself, or should I say himself. He wasn’t a monster but not human either. Then out of nowhere he said in a sweet voice, ‘oh happy birthday by the way.’ as he turned to Regina. ‘You have become a bit plump aye? They fed you well.’ he said. Then, Regina fainted. I stood up and tapped him on the shoulder.

-‘Um, it’s my birthday today, not hers.’ I said in a shaking voice.

-’OH, my bad. It’s just I haven’t seen you in ages.’ as he turned around to face me.’You are a bit um skinny? Have you eaten?’ he asked

-’No’ i answered

-’OHOHOHO good thing. I brought you some cake’ as he passed me a big white box. ‘Baked it myself’ he whispered.Then, he handed me a letter with my name on it.

-Its yours. He said.

-O-oh thank you. I said as I took the letter from his hand. My hand shook from reading the letter ‘I-Is this a joke? You have got to be pranking me. There is no such thing as magic’ I said my voice trembling. “Oh not at all, young one. It is very real, and relatively dangerous if you ask me.’ He answered. I felt like an imbecile standing there as if I had seen a ghost. And before I knew it I fainted alongside my lazy cousin Regina.

Vivian
      Participant

Homework for lesson two

Attachments:
        Nina
        Participant

Dear Professor Dumbledor,

I am very aware of the four houses (known as Gryfindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin) that the sorting hat is going to put all of us, newcomers, in. I was extremely upset to be put in Slytherin, for I had no intention to do anything bad or menacing. I strongly believe that I should be sorted into Gryffindor as I match all of the requirements. In addition I am not the only person to be upset about which house I was sorted into. Ron and Hermione are desperate for me to be in their house. You see we think of each other more than just friends, we think of each other as family. Not forgetting to mention Malfoy, Crabb, and Goyle. Always getting on my nerves and always planning something to get me in trouble. So could you at least consider putting me in Gryffindor? Thanks a lot.

Sincerely, Wellington Willie

AnnaL
      Participant

Anna-homework for lesson 2

Attachments:
      Sabrina
      Participant

HP-Lesson 2

Attachments:
      Mofei
      Participant

Hi! here is my (MoFei)’s homework for the lesson number 2. This is the following event that happens a bit after the first homework we had to do.

Thanks!

Attachments:
      RachelM
      Keymaster

Well done everyone who submitted work this week, especially those who submitted two pieces! If anyone who hasn’t already would like to submit their work before the lesson tomorrow, I would be happy to mark it tomorrow after the lesson, but please do try and get it to me by the day before if possible!

See you all tomorrow!

Attachments:
      RachelM
      Keymaster

More work!

Attachments:
      RachelM
      Keymaster

More!

RachelM
      Keymaster

Even more!

RachelM
        Keymaster

More responses!

Attachments:
      LeoM
      Participant

Homework for Lesson2 from Leo

Attachments:
      Audrey
      Participant

I can’t find my writing corrected…

RachelM
      Keymaster

Hello everyone! I’ve attached your marked homework here, apologies for the delay on it! 1/4

Attachments:
      RachelM
      Keymaster

2/4

Attachments:
      RachelM
      Keymaster

3/4

Attachments:
      RachelM
      Keymaster

4/4

Attachments:
      Karus
      Participant

Harry Potter Lesson 3 ( Karus )

Attachments:
      Audrey
      Participant

Homework no. 1

Attachments:
      Audrey
      Participant

hee hee hee

Attachments:
      VMWEdu
      Keymaster

Summary for Lesson 3:

What did we cover?
      – Reach chapters eight to eleven
      – Looked at central themes and comprehension questions
      – Covered the homework for next week
      Class Report
      Both groups this morning were incredibly engaged. Group A was a little more lively and had a bit more to say about the chapters we were discussing. The limelight was held evenly by Group A whereas, in Group B, there were four or five students who held most of the discussion. In the coming weeks I’d really like to see those who are more quiet speak up a little bit more.
      This week we moved the discussion into ideas of ‘wrong and right’ which were a little bit more difficult and mature. I was pleased to see the students take to this discussion with zeal, contributing some really eye-opening thoughts about the books in relation to moral thought. The students were also able to engage with one another in discussion,unprompted by me, and were often able to offer multiple differing interpretations of characters, themes and passages.
      Their overall knowledge of the books is impressive, and they are able to relate moments in the chapters under discussion to moments in the rest of the books. They also seem to be engaging with the tasks set for homework really well, which I’m pleased with. There are, however, still some students that aren’t completing the tasks.

Homework for Lesson3:

TASK 1 – CREATIVE
      Design a magical creature! This week you can either write a description or draw me a picture of a magical
      creature that you have created. They can be kind and gentle or mean and scary, they can look like a bird or a
      dog, swim in the sea or fly in the sky, or they can do all of that at once! I want you to name it too!
      TASK 2 – ANALYSIS
      To what extent is friendship important? Pick a moment from the chapters we have just discussed and explore
      whether friendship is important or not. Use quotes from the text to support your argument!

Vivian
      Participant

Homework for lesson three.

Vivian
      Participant

Lesson three.

Abigail
      Participant

Hi! Abigail’s hw.

Attachments:
      Lea
      Participant

Lea- Lesson 3 homework

Hello! Please correct the third file, as the first one has some of my many grammar mistakes that I tried to fix, and I had some problems saving the document with the second one… Sorry!

Attachments:
      Mofei
      Participant

Hello! This is MoFei’s Homework for lesson 3

Attachments:
      Vivian
      Participant

HW3

Attachments:
      Sabrina
      Participant

HP Lesson 3

Samson
      Participant

Samson’s homework-Lesson3

Attachments:
      Samson
      Participant

Samson’s homework-L3

Attachments:
      LeoM
      Participant

Leo’s homework for L3

Attachments:
      AnnaL
      Participant

AnnaL homework for lesson3

Attachments:
      AnnaL
      Participant

I drew a painting for our homework, but unfortunately it is too big to be uploaded.

Audrey
      Participant

like your nickname Abi

Audrey
      Participant

Thanks Abi! your writing made me have ideas…

Audrey
      Participant

My homework

Attachments:
      Audrey
      Participant

Like my font…if can’t read, can change

Attachments:
      Audrey
      Participant

Dear Hagrid,

A few days ago, I accidentally bred a new sort of magical creature, which I call ‘Clumsy-clown’. I already told The Department Of Magical Creatures and examine it, but for the time being and afterwards,  you would be the perfect person to take care of the first ever Clumsy-clown while I’m up in the castle. I thought you ought to know about this one because I know you love monster-ish magical creatures. (This one does look monster-ish but it’s personality is not.)

The Clumsy-clown is about the size of Fang. It has razor sharp teeth, thick fur, claws that can destroy layers of iron, three legs, a body in the shape of a scarf, so it can slither with no sound like a snake even though it has three legs and a brain the same as mine (Able to be smart at times, but really a dumb, silly and crazy creature). The Clumsy-clown has two special powers: it can control scarfs to attack, defend and can hit it’s enemy with lots of mud that is stored in the body which provides service as blood. It is described by me as: clumsy-falls face down when going down the stairs, crazy and silly- dances for no reason.

The Clumsy-clown’s diet is very strange, so be sure you give it the right food. It eats yarn-to grow good fur, scraps of metal- to make the claws and teeth sharper, and mud- to recharge it’s energy and powers. You need to play with it everyday and take it for a run in the Forbidden Forest every week.

I really hope you can take care of her well, I’ll take her to you on Friday afternoon around three, I have that afternoon off, so see you then, but before I do I’ll send a picture of her! Send reply with Evans-my owl.

All the best,

Lily Black

Attachments:
      RachelM
      Keymaster

Hello everyone! I was very impressed by everyone’s work this week! Some really lovely analysis and some very impressive drawings and descriptions of magical creatures, you’re all so creative! Your work was a joy to read. 1/3

Attachments:
      RachelM
      Keymaster

2/2

Attachments:
      Audrey
      Participant

I’ll send again

Attachments:
      Audrey
      Participant

pls mark again thanks

Attachments:
      VMWEdu
      Keymaster

Summary for lesson 4:

What did we cover?
      – Read chapters twelve to fourteen
      – Looked at central themes and comprehension questions
      – Covered the homework tasks for next week
      Class Report
      Group A this morning was incredibly energised and engaged in the conversation. Carrying
      on from last week, we looked a little more at ideas of wrong and right, and of the idea of
      choice over fate. We also had a little look into the idea of grief and the importance of
      letting go in relation to Harry and his parents. The students across both classes offered
      very sensitive ideas and feedback on the questions raised, and demonstrated empathy
      and subtlety when discussing grief. We even had a bit of a discussion on restricted books
      and whether or not books should be banned. Again, I was surprised by the intelligence
      and insight of the responses. All students from both groups should be very proud!
      I would still like to see some students speak up a little more. I want to avoid picking on
      certain students during the lessons but I may have to if contributions aren’t volunteered.
      It’s really important that everyone has a say and gets their voices heard!
      Responses to the homework this week were also very impressive, but there are still some
      students that aren’t submitting homework. It’s really important that everyone is
      developing their writing skills alongside their excellent reading and comprehension skills,
      so I’d love to see everyone submit something each week, even if it’s short! But overall I’m
      really impressed with everyone’s engagement with the texts and the topics discussed.

Homework for Lesson 4:

TASK 1 – CREATIVE
      DESCRIBE WHAT YOU WOULD SEE IN THE MIRROR OF ERISED. WHAT IS YOUR DEEPEST
      DESIRE? WOULD YOU BE ABLE TO PULL YOURSELF AWAY FROM THE MIRROR?
      TASK 2 – ANALYSIS
      Is it important to follow rules? Look at some examples from the previous chapters and explore whether rules
      should or should not be followed. Use quotes to back up your argument!

Samson
      Participant
      Samson
      Participant

Samson’s homework- Lesson 4

Attachments:
      Mofei
      Participant

Hello! Here is MoFei’s Homework

Attachments:
      Lea
      Participant

Hello! Here’s Lea’s homework for Lesson 4

Please correct the second, or third file (which are the same). Thanks.

Attachments:
      Abigail
      Participant

Abigail’s hw for lesson four+ please correct my first hw

Attachments:
      Vivian
      Participant

HW for lesson 4

Attachments:
      Karus
      Participant

Harry Potter Lesson 4 Homework

Attachments:
        Karus
        Participant

Ms Rachel, can you help me correct lesson 3 homework please, thank you.

Karus
        Participant

Ms. Rachel, can you help me correct lesson 3 homework please, thank you.

RachelM
          Keymaster

Hi Karus, I can’t seem to find your response to week 3’s assignment – would you be able to upload it again for me?

Karus
            Participant

#3923 is mine,thanks Miss Rachel.

Sabrina
      Participant

HM Lesson 4

Attachments:
      RachelM
      Keymaster

Hello everyone! Really good work with homework this week, was very impressed by the standard of response – you’re all coming along really well! 1/2

Attachments:
      RachelM
      Keymaster

Second round of marked responses! 2/2

Attachments:
      LeoM
      Participant

HP homework 4

Attachments:
      LeoM
      Participant

HP homework 4 by Leo

Attachments:
      Audrey
      Participant

Sorry for the delay of my homeworkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Attachments:
      Audrey
      Participant

So here’s a nice picture

Attachments:
      Tingkai
      Participant

Lesson 5 home work

hopefully you can mark it in time!!!!!!!!!!

Abigail
      Participant

This is the one I was talking about, it should be the report for lesson 2, and I couldn’t find the ones for lesson 3 and 4.

Attachments:
      Abigail
      Participant

Here

Attachments:
      Samson
      Participant

Samson’s homework -Lesson 5

Attachments:
      VMWEdu
      Keymaster

Summary for Lesson 5:

What did we cover?
      – The last three chapters of the book
      – The themes and messages of the book as a whole
      – This week’s homework task
      Class Report
      Today we covered the final chapters of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, and
      summed up some of the central themes, ideas and messages of the book. We also
      discussed our thoughts and feelings about the book as a whole, revaluating our
      impression of events earlier in the book in light of information learned at the end of the
      book.
      Both groups were very talkative and energetic this week, which I was glad to see,
      especially Group 1. Students were consistently bringing their own ideas to the table and
      building off of what other students said. I was impressed to see some real discussion
      taking place between the students without my prompting. Although the Zoom format
      sometimes makes debating difficult, the students managed to debate while being
      respectful of one another’s voices.
      The students were also able to engage with some deeper and more mature themes such
      as the effect of power on individuals, the importance of love and friendship, and the
      what it means to be good or evil. As we progress through the next book I would like the
      students to continue to engage with the wider implications of the books and the
      messages within them.

Homework for lesson 5:

PICK ONE OF THE THEMES THAT WE HAVE LOOKED AT THROUGHOUT THE BOOK AND TELL ME
      WHY YOU THINK THAT IT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THEME. THINK ABOUT EXAMPLES FROM THE
      BOOKS THAT YOU CAN USE TO DISCUSS THE THEMES. THINK ABOUT HOW THAT THEME
      INFLUENCES THE PLOT, THE RELATIONSHIPS BETWEEN CHARACTERS AND THE TONE OF THE
      NOVEL.

Tingkai
      Participant

This is my Harry Potter homework lesson 5- Philosopher’s stone was

By :Tingkai

Tingkai
      Participant

TingkaiParticipant
      This is my Harry Potter homework lesson 5- Philosopher’s stone was

By :Tingkai

Tingkai
      Participant

There is error uploading how can I send the homework

I have tried multiple times but it always says the file is empty ( its not )

RachelM
        Keymaster

Hi Tingkai, try copy and pasting the text into a post?

Tingkai
      Participant

Try again.

Vivian
      Participant

HW for Lesson 5

Attachments:
      Abigail
      Participant

Abigail’s lesson 5 homwork

Attachments:
      Lea
      Participant

Hello, here’s my homework for lesson 5

Attachments:
      Karus
      Participant

Harry Potter Lesson 5 Homework

Attachments:
      LeoM
      Participant

HP Homework 5

Attachments:
      LeoM
      Participant

Dear Rachel,

Would you pls correct my Homework 4? I’m really sorry for the late submitting…

Mofei
      Participant

Hello! Here is my homework!

Attachments:
      Audrey
      Participant
      • HAHA HOMEWORK
      Attachments:
      Danny
      Participant

Lesson 5 homework

Attachments:
      Sabrina
      Participant

My favourite quote is the quote “as much money and life as you could want! The two things most human beings would choose above all — the trouble is, humans do have a knack of choosing precisely those things that are worst for them.” – dumbledore.

This is my personal favourite quote because it explains that we need to choose what is right or wrong and how we could face them.

This quote also explains that sometimes there is trouble and we have to do what’s right to face it.

We need to choose our rights and wrongs because sometimes if you choose the wrong choice you might have serious consequences about things. But if you choose the right option you might get rewarded.

Attachments:
      RachelM
      Keymaster

Really lovely work this week everyone! I’ve attached your responses here. Look forward to seeing you tomorrow for the first lesson on the Chamber of Secrets! 1/3

Attachments:
      RachelM
      Keymaster

2/3

Attachments:
      RachelM
      Keymaster

3/3

Attachments:
      Abigail
      Participant

My name isn’t Vivian, its abigail. You wrote Vivian on my corrected hw 5

Audrey
      Participant
      Attachments:
      VMWEdu
      Keymaster

Summary for Lesson 6:

What did we cover?
      – First four chapters of the Chamber of Secrets
      – Themes of fear and isolation raised in the book
      – Homework for next lesson
      Class Report
      Both groups this week were incredibly enthusiastic and energetic, which was really
      enjoyable. Discussions were vibrant and everyone seemed to be very engaged with the
      conversation, particularly in the first group. There are still a few individuals in the
      second group who are not participating as much as others.
      This week we took a look at some deeper questions raised by the books, such as the
      power of fear (and how that translates to our world) and the effects isolation can have
      on individuals. Both groups are getting better each week at looking at the deeper
      themes and the real-world implications of what we’re reading, and some of the more
      difficult questions that the book raises.
      As we move through the books and the themes begin to get more serious and a bit
      darker, I’d really like to see everyone engage with wider questions and to begin to
      question the text itself. Thinking of the novels as ‘allegories’ will really help with this.
      The students have also been able to discuss issues amongst each other without my
      input, and this is something I’d like to encourage. Asking each other questions and
      debating points between each other will help you mature as thinkers.

Hormwork for Lesson 6:

Imagine that you are Harry and you haven’t heard from Ron or Hermione for the whole
      of Summer. Things are getting desperate at the Dursley’s, and you’ve been locked in your
      room for weeks. Write a letter to Ron and Hermione describing your situation and asking
      for help.

Abigail
      Participant

Hi! Just in case you couldnt find it(I just wanted to know if there still is, just curious)

Attachments:
      Abigail
      Participant

Attachments:
      Abigail
      Participant

By the way this is my Homework for lesson 6(Dont mind if its not exactly formal, plus I wrote a dialogue at the bottom)

Attachments:
      Abigail
      Participant

Here

Attachments:
      Abigail
      Participant

I accidentally uploaded everything twice so don’t mind the second ones

Mofei
      Participant

Just a question ;  is the letter before or after the Dobby incident?

Vivian
      Participant

Lesson 6

Attachments:
      Karus
      Participant

Harry potter lesson 6 homework

Attachments:
      Danny
      Participant

Harry potter llesson 6 homework

Attachments:
      Lea
      Participant

Hello! Here’s homework for Lesson 6.

Sorry, I added something after posting the first file. Please correct the second one, thanks.

Attachments:
      Suri
      Participant

Dear Ron and Hermione,

Everything is the same over here, my aunt and uncle have treated me the same as always, but you won’t believe what happened, a house-elf called Dobby appeared at my room last night and dropped a cake on Mrs. Mason, the lady I told you who is coming with her husband to discuss with my uncle about some drills. Dobby told me to not go back to Hogwarts because something bad was going to happen. I have no idea what he is talking about. Please reply to me because I haven’t seen any of the letters, maybe my uncle hid them, but please send them and help me.

Harry

Tingkai
      Participant

Last week’s homework:

The most important theme in my opinion is friendship and teamwork because they would not be able to complete all the tasks( They—he or she can only finnish maximum amount is 1 )because each task requires all of their skills         (even though Quirrill could do it all by himself )so if it was only Harry or Ron they coulden’t have even spotted the trap door! But if it was only Hermione she would have been killed by Quirrill  for he didn’t have  Harry’s super powers

In conclusion they would not have got the philosopher’s / sorcerer’s stone(even thought Harry had it in his pocket the WHOLE time) Friendship and teamwork is still very important in all the books in the Harry potter series!

This week’s homework;:

Harry potter homework lesson 6

I would be absolutely bonkers If I was locked in a room only barely living with terrible meals and leaving this room only in the morning to use the lavatory. With no friends writing to me, and even worse, without parents. So I feel desperate for freedom. Therefore I feel very bad for Harry locked in that room for at least two weeks. So if Ronald or Hermione came to rescue him I think he would be as thankful as possible to whoever did it ( Ronald Fred and George Weasley ) and if he liked Ronald for saving him he would obviously hate the Dursleys for capturing him and treating him like a pet.

Mofei
      Participant

Hi ! Here’s my homework!

Attachments:
      Samson
      Participant

Harry potter homework lesson 6

Dear Ron and Hermione,

The muggles are starving me, just because a stupid house elf. They’ve turned my room into a jail cell, and had forbidden me to use any magic-involved things!

There was a guest, and the stupid house elf found some way and appeared next to me. I told him to sit down, and he started wailing, he also kind of forbid me to go to Hogwarts. I said no, and he started wailing like crazy. So this is now my punishment for making sound when guests came.

Please, send me some food from any owls, and please rescue me.

P.S.,

Please send me some daily prophets, I am completely out of reach of the wizarding world, and please let Mr Weasly or Fred and Gorge to get me out of this stupid jail. And please help me get my Hogwarts stuff.

Sincerely,

Harry

Samson
      Participant

Samson’s homework of L6. Could you help me correct my homework of Lesson 5? Thanks!

Attachments:
      AnnaL
      Participant

I am sorry of the delay of my homework. I didn’t realise that I did not hand it in. Please let me know if it has any problems.

Thank you.

Attachments:
      LeoM
      Participant

Sorry for my late submitting…

Attachments:
      RachelM
      Keymaster

Here is the homework! Really great work this week everyone, I look forward to seeing you all tomorrow morning! pt 1

Attachments:
      RachelM
      Keymaster

Pt 2/4

Attachments:
      RachelM
      Keymaster

Part 3/4

Attachments:
      RachelM
      Keymaster

Part 4/4

Attachments:
      Abigail
      Participant

Hi this is Abi I just wanted to ask if there will be two classes a week?

And also I just wanna know if you saw the picture I uploaded about the report thingy? ( I am just curious like letting you know and not exactly like a must see the report)

RachelM
        Keymaster

Hi Abi!

Not sure about two classes, will have to check and get back to you! Thanks for attaching a copy of the report – what was your question regarding it again?

Karus
      Participant

Harry Potter Lesson 7 Homework (Karus)

Attachments:
      Samson
      Participant

Samson’s Homework Lesson 7.

RachelM
        Keymaster

Hi Samson!

There is no file attached to this sadly. Try copy and pasting the work directly into a post?

Samson
      Participant

Samson’s Homework Lesson 7.

RachelM
      Keymaster

Lesson 7

What did we cover?
      –       Chapters five to eight of the Chamber of Secrets
      –       Themes of prejudice and bias
      –       Next week’s homework
      Class Report
      I was thoroughly impressed with the level and maturity of discussion from both groups today, but particularly Group 1. Today we dealt with some issues that are a bit more serious than what we are used to, such as bias and prejudice. The children in both groups were able to discuss this issue both in the context of the book and in its relation to our society with sensitivity and intelligence. I was incredibly impressed with some of the examples of prejudice that the children were pointing out, and with their attitude to prejudice of all kinds. I was very pleased with the openness and kindness with which they treated the subject.

As always, knowledge of the book and what takes place within it was mostly flawless. The children in both groups were able to discuss events that take place not only in the book we are studying currently but across the entire series. This level of knowledge will serve them well as we continue to move through the books.

Some students, especially in Group 2, are still not participating as much as I would like to see them participate. I will endeavour to include activities that require everyone to speak in turn as I’d like these participants to develop their confidence (without exception, when these individuals do speak up, it is always with a pertinent and intelligent point).

Homework:

Imagine that you are an investigative writer for the Hogwarts School Newspaper. Write a report on the appearance of the message in the hallway at Hogwarts. Speculate about who you think might be involved, what the message might mean, and what will happen next. Conduct interviews with students and staff, and
      see what you can find out about the incident.

AnnaL
      Participant

AnnaL Lesson 7 homework

Attachments:
      Vivian
      Participant

HW for Lesson 7

Attachments:
      Lea
      Participant

Hello! Here’s my homework for lesson 7

Attachments:
      Suri
      Participant

newspaper for harrypotterchamberofsecrets

Attachments:
      Mofei
      Participant

Hello! Here’s my homework

Attachments:
      Audrey
      Participant

Thanks Abigail for making me copying you in the idea of being like Rita Skeeter

Attachments:
      Sabrina
      Participant

harry potter hw 7

Attachments:
      LeoM
      Participant

Leo

Attachments:
      Audrey
      Participant

LeoM I liked your work it’s really interesting…sorry if I read it

Abigail
      Participant

My question was if we still have that kind of report because i didn’t see it.

Abigail
      Participant

For the report thing

Abigail
      Participant

<p style=”text-align: center;”>My homework for lesson seven:</p>

Attachments:
      Audrey
      Participant

When’s our next lesson Thursday?

Audrey
      Participant

Hee Hee Funny Dumbledore Abi

LeoM
      Participant

New version of my homework

Attachments:
        LeoM
        Participant

sorry the previous was the wrong one.

Attachments:
      RachelM
      Keymaster

What did we cover?

–  Chapters Nine to Eleven
      –  Themes about prejudice, fear and isolation
      –  HW for next week

Class Report
      I was really impressed this week with both groups’ engagement with some difficult and more mature themes, such as the role that prejudice plays in the Harry Potter books (and in our society) and the way in which fear can be used as a weapon. Participation was more evenly spread this week, with most students contributing relatively equally. The level of analysis and discussion was very impressive as well, with some students offering illuminating and original contributions to the conversation.

The groups are becoming very skilled at analysing character, developing their flexibility and ability to look at characters from various points of view and with sympathy and empathy. They are also able to carry themes through each of the books and comment on how they are developing and changing. Their ability to link events and themes from the text to those in real life is also developing nicely.

I would like the students to begin delving more deeply into the language of the text, so I will begin incorporating some close study of certain paragraphs of text.

Homework

Pick either Gilderoy Lockhart or Fergus Filch and write a character study about them. Tell me your impression of them, information about their history and their character, and what role you think they will play in the rest of the book. Use quotes to support your answer.

Karus
      Participant

Harry Potter Lesson 8 Homework

Attachments:
      RachelM
      Keymaster

Homework here for lesson 7, apologies for the delay! Really impressed with some of the work submitted for this task, you guys are getting more and more creative!

1/3

Attachments:
        Danny
        Participant

Ms. Rachel, please correct my Lesson 3 and 7 homework. Thank you.

RachelM
      Keymaster

Lesson 7 HW 2/3

Attachments:
        Karus
        Participant

Ms. Rachel, #5087 is my lesson 7 homework, please help me to correct it. #3923 Lesson 3 also.Thank you

RachelM
      Keymaster

Lesson 7 HW 3/3

Attachments:
      Lea
      Participant

Here’s homework for lesson 8

Attachments:
      Mofei
      Participant

Hi! Here’s my homework!

Attachments:
      Mofei
      Participant

Oh, sorry I named it lesson 7 its actually lesson 8

Danny
      Participant

Lesson 8 homework

Attachments:
      Nina
      Participant

Lesson 8 HW

Attachments:
      Abigail
      Participant

My homework for lesson 8:

Attachments:
      LeoM
      Participant

HW for Lesson 8

Attachments:
      Audrey
      Participant

Sorry I’m late for my homework!

Attachments:
      Sabrina
      Participant

chamber of secrets hw 3

Attachments:
      Samson
      Participant

Miss Rachel, it’s my homework of L8.

Attachments:
      Samson
      Participant

Samson Lesson7

Attachments:
      Audrey
      Participant

Hello! I’m going to scan the Hogwarts Prophet onto my computer so I can send it to you all to show you the newspaper

Audrey
      Participant

…I didn’t write the article on the Quidditch match

Audrey
      Participant

p.1

Attachments:
      Audrey
      Participant

I recall the p.1 message

Attachments:
      Abigail
      Participant

Hi! Sorry for the delay!

Attachments:
      Audrey
      Participant

here’s p.3

Attachments:
      Audrey
      Participant

here’s p.4-p.10

Attachments:
      Vivian
      Participant

HW for Lesson 8

Attachments:
      RachelM
      Keymaster

Class Report
      This week discussion was a little bit slower, particularly in Group B, although I believe that may be partly due to having not had a lesson for two weeks, so I expect the students will get back into the swing of things next week.

This week we once again covered some difficult subjects including the way in which our choices influence our stories and the stories of those around us, and how those choices are depicted in the Harry Potter books. We also discussed the relationship between good and evil, and touched up on some debates surrounding nature vs nurture. All students engaged with this topic in an insightful and mature way, and were able to discuss the topic openly and respectfully with one another.

Knowledge of the content of the stories is consistently thorough – I am very happy that the students are reading, understanding and absorbing what happens in the texts. They are also regularly recalling past discussion topics and relating them to our lessons, which is impressive.

In order to facilitate more engaged discussion in the future I will begin asking the students to bring subjects to the group for discussion, encouraging the students to lead conversation themselves in order to develop their confidence and independent thinking skills even further.

Homework:

Imagine that you are Tom Riddle. Write a diary entry for the night when Tom finds Hagrid with Aragog. What do you think he was thinking and feeling that night, and what were his motivations?

Karus
      Participant

HP Lesson 9 Hw

Attachments:
      Audrey
      Participant

Tom Riddle

Attachments:
      Mofei
      Participant

Hi! I’ve got a question. The night when Tom Riddle caught Hagrid, did Tom Riddle already know about Horcruxes thanks to Slughorn?

Mofei
      Participant

Here’s my homework

Attachments:
      RachelM
      Keymaster

Hi everyone! Thanks so much for bearing with me with Lesson 8’s homework! Really great responses from everyone. However, I’m sensing a bit of a theme regarding the information you’ve all written about Gilderoy’s past – a lot of what you’ve all written is directly lifted from MovieFlame’s YouTube video on Gilderoy Lockhart. While I encourage you all to do research outside of our lessons, it is very important that you are using your own words in your work, and not copying from another source. Don’t think I won’t notice!

I’m also frequently not getting work from quite a few of you. Just a gentle reminder that the homework I set you isn’t optional, but is very much an important part of our work together! Please do let me know if you’re struggling to complete the homework and we can have a chat about it.

Here are your marked responses for Lesson 8.

Attachments:
        Karus
        Participant

Ms. Rachel, normally the next day after the class I would send my Homework to this website. Can you double-check again? Since lesson 3, 7, and 8 didn’t correct it, thank you.

Mofei
      Participant

HI! Sorry, for the lesson number 8, I sent the wrong document. Here is the real one!

Attachments:
      Abigail
      Participant

Hw for lesson 9 ( by the way for lesson 8 hw that history thing is true, i looked it up on google)

Attachments:
      Nina
      Participant

Hw for lesson 9

Attachments:
      Lea
      Participant

Homework – Lesson 9

Attachments:
      RachelM
      Keymaster

Lesson 10 Report

This week we finished the final three chapters of the Chamber of Secrets, summing up some of the discussions we have had around the theme of choice. We looked back over the book as a whole and discussed the way in which the theme of choice had been developed, paying particular attention to the various factors that might influence a character’s choices, and whether or not we are able to judge a character based on those choices. Both groups discussed the theme with great energy and maturity, and were able to maintain nuanced and detailed debates with one another. I was particularly impressed with Group A’s discussion of ‘nature vs nurture’, as well as their ability to question and debate with one another.

Engagement was, for the most part, energetic and focused, although Group B was once again a little quiet. I would encourage this group to take a look through the handout before each lesson and think of one or two discussion points or questions they would like to put to the group in order to stimulate conversation.

Both groups’ ability to analyse character and identify and critique overarching themes within the books is improving rapidly from lesson to lesson, which is very gratifying to see. Throughout the next book’s study I will be encouraging more independent thought and discussion from the students, encouraging them to bring their own ideas to the table.

Homework

To what extent are Harry and Voldemort similar? Looking at the Chamber of Secrets, write a report on the similarities and differences between Harry and Voldemort. What do they have in common, how do they differ? Are they different as people or is it just their situations that differ? If Tom Riddle had been placed in Harry’s position do you think he would have turned out the way he has?

RachelM
      Keymaster

Hello everyone! Here is the marked homework for Lesson 9 – some really impressive responses this week, keep up the good work!

Attachments:
      Karus
      Participant

Lesson 10 homework

Attachments:
      Lea
      Participant

Lesson 10- Homework

Attachments:
      Vivian
      Participant

HW for lesson 10

Attachments:
      Mofei
      Participant

Hi! Here’s my homework

Attachments:
      Sabrina
      Participant

cos hw 9

Attachments:
      Sabrina
      Participant

cos hw 10

Attachments:
      Sabrina
      Participant

<p style=”text-align: center;”>cos hw 9</p>

Attachments:
      Audrey
      Participant

Really sorry I am late for the homework…

Attachments:
      Abigail
      Participant

My homework for lesson 10, sorry about the delay

Attachments:
      AnnaL
      Participant

This is my homework for lesson 10.

Attachments:
      RachelM
      Keymaster

Hello everyone! Here are the marked responses for last lesson’s homework: very good work from everyone this week! I look forward to beginning the next book with you all very shortly!

Attachments:
      RachelM
      Keymaster

Lesson 10 Report

What did we cover?
      –       The first four chapters of the Prisoner of Azkaban
      –       Themes including fear and injustice

Class Report
      This week’s lesson was very engaged and focused in both groups. I was really impressed with the ferocity and level of debate happening between students, especially within Group A. I’m really enjoying how the students aren’t afraid to disagree and argue with one another now, in a constructive and considerate way. We are digging up some really interesting points through this mode of discussion.

As the books progress, we are beginning to move on to some more mature and serious topics, and the students are handling this very well. Discussion is at an elevate level and the students are able to analyse themes and characters from multiple points of view, and consider different opinions when they do so.

Every member of both groups was very engaged today and contributed to the discussion, which was lovely to see. I would still like to see homework from everyone this week. At the moment I am receiving homework from around half of you, often less. If you are having difficulties please do let me know.

Homework

Imagine that you are a reporter. Write an article covering the escape of Sirius Black. Think about the tone and language appropriate for a news article, and what sort of information or content a news article will need to contain. Think of the Five W’s – Who, What, When, Where, Why. I would also like you to try and include at least two of the words from our vocab list.

RachelM
      Keymaster

Lesson 10 Report

What did we cover?
      –       The first four chapters of the Prisoner of Azkaban
      –       Themes including fear and injustice

Class Report
      This week’s lesson was very engaged and focused in both groups. I was really impressed with the ferocity and level of debate happening between students, especially within Group A. I’m really enjoying how the students aren’t afraid to disagree and argue with one another now, in a constructive and considerate way. We are digging up some really interesting points through this mode of discussion.

As the books progress, we are beginning to move on to some more mature and serious topics, and the students are handling this very well. Discussion is at an elevate level and the students are able to analyse themes and characters from multiple points of view, and consider different opinions when they do so.

Every member of both groups was very engaged today and contributed to the discussion, which was lovely to see. I would still like to see homework from everyone this week. At the moment I am receiving homework from around half of you, often less. If you are having difficulties please do let me know.

Homework

Imagine that you are a reporter. Write an article covering the escape of Sirius Black. Think about the tone and language appropriate for a news article, and what sort of information or content a news article will need to contain. Think of the Five W’s – Who, What, When, Where, Why. I would also like you to try and include at least two of the words from our vocab list.

Karus
      Participant

Harry Potter Lesson 11 Homework

Attachments:
      Danny
      Participant

Hp class 11

Attachments:
      Audrey
      Participant

So sorry I’m late for the homework!

Attachments:
      Mofei
      Participant

Hi! Here’s my homework for this week

Attachments:
      Lea
      Participant

Hi, here’s homework for lesson 11. If I wrote it on Word, I couldn’t get the font I wanted, so I transformed it to pdf. Sorry!

Attachments:
      AnnaL
      Participant

Sorry, I didn’t realise that I did not submit the work for lesson 9.

Attachments:
      Abigail
      Participant

Hi! Sorry for the delay! my hw for lesson 11

Attachments:
      RachelM
      Keymaster

Lesson 12 Report:

What did we cover:

• Chapters Five to Eight
      • Themes including fear and prejudice
      • Homework for this week

I was very impressed with the energy and engagement of both groups this week. The themes under discussion are continuing to increase in maturity and the students are handling this very well. They are able to discuss more serious themes with focus and sensitivity, such as the way in which fear can be both a weakness and a strength. Students are also becoming much more comfortable debating and engaging with one another, which helps to facilitate more in depth discussion of the topics.

The students are also beginning to think more critically about the books in general. For example, we are beginning to raise questions about the validity and reliability of Harry as a narrator. The ability to question and think critically about a text is an important skill to learn.

Discussion has become a lot more equally weighted between every student, and I am very happy to see that every single member of both groups is now participating confidently in the discussions we are having. I hope that as we progress through the final chapters of this book that this confidence and vocality only increases.

Homework:

Imagine you are a character from Harry Potter and describe an encounter with a Boggart. The encounter can take place anywhere – think of where you might commonly find one. Describe what the Boggart looks like, how you deal with it, and how you feel. Use at least three of the words listed in the vocabulary lists this lesson.

RachelM
      Keymaster

Homework! Thanks so much for bearing with me! Really good work this week, look forward to seeing you all next week!

Attachments:
      Karus
      Participant

Harry Potter Lesson 12

Attachments:
        Karus
        Participant

The first one is wrong

Attachments:
      Lea
      Participant

Hi! Here’s homework for lesson 12.

Attachments:
      Abigail
      Participant

My homework for lesson 12

Attachments:
      Audrey
      Participant

Here’s my homework:

Attachments:
      Mofei
      Participant

Hi! Here’s my homework for week 12. (It’s Susan Bones, by the way).

Attachments:
      RachelM
      Keymaster

Lesson 13 Report

Another brilliant and energetic lesson from both groups today! We had some really vibrant discussions about some of the themes in the book today. We also took a look at symbolism in relation to Harry’s love of Quidditch and also the presence of the Dementors. Once again the students from both groups were able to approach both the serious and the trivial with equal levels of engagement and critical thinking.

Discussion was again energetic, with the students unafraid to engage in discussion and debate with one another. I am enjoying the growing levels of consideration for one another during the classes. This lesson we moved through chapters Nine to Twelve and are now over half way through the book. As themes begin to darken and the books become more serious, the students are able to engage on a deeper level with the texts.

Discussion continues to be equally weighted, and I am happy with the participation levels of every student. I look forward to continuing and finishing the book together in the coming weeks!

Homework

What are some of the different ways in which Harry has had to mature and grow up throughout the course of the books? Write a report on the character of Harry Potter and how he has changed since the very first book. Use examples from the books to support your answer.

RachelM
      Keymaster

Homework for Lesson 12! Well done to everyone who submitted work. Again, I’d really like to see a few more responses each week. Make sure to let me know if you’re struggling with the work and I can help!

Attachments:
      Karus
      Participant

Lesson 13

Attachments:
      Lea
      Participant

Hi, here’s homework for lesson 13

Attachments:
      Mofei
      Participant

Hi, Here’s my homework for lesson 13 (sorry I’m late)

Attachments:
      Abigail
      Participant

So sorry im late, i started school this week

Attachments:
      RachelM
      Keymaster

Lesson 14 Report:

We are approaching the end of the 3rd Book, and the plot is starting to get quite intense! The students are responding really well to some more difficult themes and some deeper analytical questions, which is really pleasing to see. Discussion was energetic and engaged in both groups, particularly the first group. I am also happy to see that the students are continuing to engage in debate with one another, and are not afraid to offer contrasting opinions or analysis of certain questions.

Today we looked at chapters 13-17, with particular focus on the way in which the characters are maturing and growing up, and on the theme of ‘duality’ or the unreliability of first impressions. The students are also engaging with the book as a written text, and offering interpretations of events based on the effects they would have as a narrative.

I continue to be happy with the participation of every student, and am really pleased to see how the students’ confidence has increased throughout the last 14 weeks.

Homework:

Go back through the book and find at least one example in which the events of these chapters are foreshadowed, and explain how they have been hinted at.

Karus
      Participant

Harry Potter Lesson 14

Attachments:
      Mofei
      Participant

Hi Rachel! Can you correct my homework 8 because I did a little technical problem last time. Thanks!

Attachments:
      Lea
      Participant

Hi, here’s homework for Lesson 14

Attachments:
      RachelM
      Keymaster

Hello everyone, here is the homework for the lesson before last, apologies for the delay and thank you to everyone who sent in work! Would still like to see a few more responses from everyone this week!

Attachments:
      Mofei
      Participant

Hi! Here’s my homework for this week!

Attachments:
      Audrey
      Participant

Sorry I’m late on handing in the homework!

Attachments:
      Sabrina
      Participant

Prisoner of Azkaban hw

Attachments:
      RachelM
      Keymaster

Lesson 15 Report

Really great work from everyone this week! This was our final lesson for the third book, The Prisoner of Azkaban, and we celebrated by having a little quiz on what we’ve read so far which everyone seemed to enjoy. We then proceeded to move through the final chapters of the book, looking in particular at some of the themes we had dealt with so far in the book, including fear, growing up, and family. The students were able to deal with and sum up these themes intelligently and with confidence, demonstrating that they have assimilated what we’ve talked about so far.

I’m really impressed with how far the students have come in terms of confidence, and now every student feels able to engage in discussion and answer questions, which I’m very happy about! Here is the final homework for this week:

Homework:

Imagine that you are one of the original Marauders – James, Sirius, Remus or Peter – and write a diary entry describing their discovery of Remus’ lycanthropy and their attempt to become Animagi.

RachelM
      Keymaster

Hello everyone, here’s the homework for lesson 14!

Attachments:
      Lea
      Participant

Hi, here’s homework for lesson 15

One thing, I haven’t recieved the corrected version of my homework for lesson 8 (I attached the file below). If you have time, could you please check it? Thanks.

Attachments:
      RachelM
      Keymaster

Hi everyone! Here’s the final lot of homework!

Attachments:
      Mofei
      Participant

HI! Sorry for the very late homework! Thanks!

Attachments:
      Audrey
      Participant

Sorry I haven’t done the homework Miss Rachel. Can you still mark it if I hand it in soon? THanks

Audrey
      Participant

Oops, I meant to say: Sorry I haven’t done the homework Miss Rachel, Can you still mark it if I hand it in soon? Thank you

Audrey
      Participant

here’s my homework, sorry I’m late!

Attachments:
      Audrey
      Participant

Hello! Also, the part where James writes I think is supposed to be though not thought in the last paragraph

RachelM
      Keymaster

Lesson 16 Report

Today’s lesson was fun and engaging, and it was lovely to see everyone back together, as well as some new faces! Today we began picking apart the fourth book of the series, The Goblet of Fire, taking a look at the first seven chapters, as well as some central themes and motifs. We payed particular attention this lesson to the various ways in which the Muggle and Wizarding world clash and interplay in comic and more sinister ways. I’m hoping that as we progress through the lessons that all students become more comfortable contributing to discussion!

Homework:

Imagine that you are a muggle reporter. Write an article covering the mysterious activity currently taking place on Roberts’ field. Think particularly about how you might interpret the events on the field as a non-magical individual.

Audrey
      Participant

Sorry I’m sort of late for the lesson 16 homework

Attachments:
      Abigail
      Participant

hi so sorry im late

Attachments:
      Sabrina
      Participant

Attachments:
      RachelM
      Keymaster

Lesson 16 Homework!

Attachments:
      Suri
      Participant

MAD-EYE MOODY’S FRIENDLY VISIT.

Rita Skeeter

Mad-eye Moody, a well respected retired auror in the ministry of magic, once one of the best aurors in magic history has now turned old and has a very rare disease on memory, Moody always has fake alarms for no reason at all, The minister of Magic Cornelius Fudge has always been sincerely worried. This time at 1 am in the morning he sent an alarm to the ministry of magic saying that he is getting attacked.  When Arnold Weasley a very least popular man who works in the ministry of magic went to Moody stupidly and found out it was a false alarm again. Weasley sadly walked back to his old farm house sadly hoping for money obviously and credit for helping Moody so his family could pay their fees with Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry for their 5 children.

Audrey
      Participant

I’m so sorry I’m late for the homework, can you still mark it please, Miss Rachel?

Attachments:
      RachelM
      Keymaster

Latest Homework marked here!

Attachments:
      Abigail
      Participant

hi miss rachel saw you replied a minute ago hope you can still mark this

Attachments:
      Abigail
      Participant

i also noticed you said arthur weasley’s name is not arnold, but i think thats what rita skeeter wrote

Sabrina
      Participant

Mr. arthur weasley’s intervention

By ms. Rita Skeeter

Mr.weasley’s intervention

He has proved that his theory is completely wrong and I think everyone should be agreeing with that. Not only did he spread rumors of people he also said that you guys are foolish silly weak people.

We are having an election to see if mr. Arthur Weasley should be kicked out of the ministry of magic. The election will take place in gringotts bank. There will be a little form for you guys to fill in either to vote him out or keep him. As you should know we are using some democratic strategies to determine but don’t fear cause it’s only going to be this time.

RachelM
      Keymaster

Lesson 18 Report

Really fun and energetic lesson from everyone today! Discussion ran very smoothly and everyone engaged with the topics discussed, such as Hermione’s activism with S.P.E.W, our first and second impressions of Mad-Eye Moody, and Snape’s behaviour as a teacher. As we move through the book themes once again begin to darken, but the students are handling the tone shift very well.

Homework

–       Write a news report about the Triwizard Tournament covering the first task. Think about including description, context, and interviews with some of the contestants.

Audrey
      Participant

Sorry I’m late for homework!

Attachments:
      Abigail
      Participant

Hi sorry im late never mind the double a in task

Attachments:
      RachelM
      Keymaster

Lesson 19 Report

Very good work from the students today. We had a lot to get through in terms of content as the chapters are becoming more and more eventful towards the end of the book. We discussed one of the main themes of the book and the series as a whole, which is friendship, and how the nature of the central friendship has shifted in this book. Next week in the final lesson of the book, we will take a quiz to test our knowledge on the book, and discuss some of the overall themes so far.

Homework

–       Pick your favourite quote from Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire and write an argument for why it is your favourite quote. Think about how it might tie into the themes that we’ve been looking at throughout the book.

Attachments:
      Audrey
      Participant

Sorry I’m late for the homework!

Attachments:
      Abigail
      Participant

hi.. I will upload my hw after class today

RachelM
      Keymaster

Lesson 20 Report

In this week’s lesson we finished looking at the Goblet of Fire, tying up the book with a revision quiz, and a debate on the major themes of the book. All students engaged really well with the debate and were vocal about their given themes. I am impressed with how confident the students have become when discussing their thoughts and ideas, as well as their assimilation of the major themes of the book.

Also, a note on homework. As Audrey pointed out, last week I uploaded the wrong homework assignment. This is the homework assignment for last week (Lesson 19)

Homework

Why is friendship important in the Harry Potter novels? Write a short report on why you think friendship is or is not important in the novels.

And what I uploaded last week was the assignment for this lesson. Have a go at doing whichever assignment you didn’t do last week:

Homework

–       Pick your favourite quote from Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire and write an argument for why it is your favourite quote. Think about how it might tie into the themes that we’ve been looking at throughout the book.

Attachments:
      Abigail
      Participant

Hi so sorry, this is my lesson 19 homework

Attachments:
      Audrey
      Participant

Sorry for the LARGE BIG delay…

Attachments:
      Sabrina
      Participant

order of the phoenix hw

Attachments:
      RachelM
      Keymaster

Lesson 21 Report

Thank you to everyone for a lovely, fun and engaging lesson this week! In this week’s lesson we engaged in debate around the fifth book and some of the themes that are introduced in the first chapters. The students were focused, energised and eager!

Homework:

Either

–       Write a letter to Cornelius Fudge urging him to accept that Voldemort is back. What kind of evidence might you include from the previous books? What sort of tone might you need to adopt in order to convince him?

OR

–       Make a case for Harry Potter. Imagine that you are the lawyer in charge of defending Harry during his trial. What would you say to convince Cornelius Fudge and his court that Harry was innocent?

Abigail
      Participant

My order of the Pheonix hw by the way its my favorite book

Attachments:
      Audrey
      Participant

Sorry I’m late for Homework…

Attachments:
      Sabrina
      Participant

order of the phoenix hw 2 latest hw

RachelM
      Keymaster

Lesson 22 Report

In this lesson we took a look at the character of Umbridge who is introduces in these chapters. We engaged in a debate about what makes a good (or a bad) villain, relating Umbridge to other well-known villains from other films and books. As the books progresses and themes begin to darken, discussion moves on to more serious themes such as injustice and corruption, which the students are handling very well!

Homework

–       The Quibbler is a tabloid magazine, which mostly publishes gossip and speculation. Write a tabloid article about Professor Umbridge. What might you say about her?

RachelM
      Keymaster

Lesson 23 Report and Marked Homework!

This lesson we took a look at the role that visions, dreams and the sub-conscious play in the Harry Potter books, particularly in relation to Harry’s dreams and visions. We discussed the way that dreams can often help us understand what we are feeling and thinking when we are awake, and how this is definitely the case for Harry. I’ve also attached all of the marked homework from the previous weeks, thank you to everyone who submitted work!

Homework

–       Write a letter from Sirius to Harry talking about the time that he has spent at 12 Grimmauld Place. Think about what his daily routine would be like, and consider his emotions and feelings at this time.

Attachments:
      Audrey
      Participant

Sorry for the late homework!

Attachments:
      RachelM
      Keymaster

Lesson 24 Report

Great lesson today! Very energetic and focused, as usual. We discussed what it means to have power, and what it might mean to use or abuse power for selfish reasons, linking Umbridge to figures in our world. We also discussed Harry and the ways in which he grows as a character through these chapters. I look forward to our final lesson of the book next week!

Homework

–       You are a journalist working for a secret, underground newspaper. Write a report on what is happening at Hogwarts, sharing the secrets with the world.

Sabrina
      Participant

underground news

Attachments:
      Audrey
      Participant

Sorry for being a bi tlate

Attachments:
      RachelM
      Keymaster

Lesson 25 Report

Excellent final lesson! Lovely energy and engagement from everyone today. We began with a Harry Potter Christmas themed quiz to recap the previous books, and then finished by exploring the themes of the final chapters, looking in particular at what we can learn from the character of Harry Potter. Thank you so much to everyone for a wonderful few months studying Harry Potter, and I hope everyone has a lovely Christmas!

Homework

–       ‘The character of Harry Potter teaches us how to be strong and deal with difficult situations and feelings’. Discuss this statement. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Audrey
      Participant

My homework Sorry it is a bit late.

Audrey
      Participant

Oops, sorry for the blank space

My homework:

‘This is Lord Voldemort. Seriously? You expect me to withhold all my secrets and my real pathetic name in this Pathetic-Malfoy-Manor-Wannabe-Manor to y’all of the Inner Circle?’

‘Anyway, today I’m doing an evaluation-‘(Bellatrix groans REALLY LOUDLY and defies her master for once in a lifetime and Azkaban trip; The Inner Circle Death Eaters all groan, but little quieter than Bellatrix), ‘(Voldy continues)of HARRY POTTER! THE GIT! AND ARROGANT! AND WEAK!’

‘”The character of Harry Potter teaches us how to be strong and deal with difficult situations and feelings”. Discuss this statement. To what extent do you agree or disagree?’ (Pauses) ‘Is today’s topic for the evaluation of POTTER, provided by his arch-nemesis- ‘(Death Eaters all look at Draco; Draco slips to the bottom of the table in embarrassment) ‘(Voldy continues) SEVERUS SNAPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!’ (Snape shrinks to the bottom of the table and sees Draco and says ‘Hello Draco, cosy right?’ [Copies Rita Skeeter in the broom cupboard with Harry])

‘OK, so first thing’s first, I may be his total nemesis and enemy, but I admire him too. Anyway, the topic. “The character of Harry Potter teaches us how to be strong and deal with difficult situations and feelings”. Discuss this statement. To what extent do you agree or disagree? I personally say it is neutral, strangely. (Nods)’ (Bellatrix’s jaw drops and stares at him)

‘You see, Harry is a good hero. Don’t believe me, my followers? HERE!!! Example 1:He can pluck up his empathy and be able to use that and save the one who bullied him hourly, Mr. Exquisite find, DUDLEY DURSLEY. He should come in useful in the battle of Hogwarts, Dudley… Example 2: Harry was able to keep the lost of Cedric Diggory to his inner heart, which fueled him with determination, back in Goblet of Fire. That made him able to escape the clutches of I. Example 3: Harry didn’t lose his mind in anxiety of the whole school’s backs turned on him about opening the Chamber of Secrets, in which he would never be able to, because I am the heir!!! But luckily for him, Mr. Blood traitor Ronald Weasley and Ms. Mudblood Granger believed he was not the heir and kept him out of insanity zone. ALL CREDITS TO MR. BLOOD TRAITOR AND MS. MUDBLOOD! Example 4: In Prisoner of Azkaban, he was able to keep himself happy and light-headed when Sirius Black, escaped from Azkaban by thinking and saying ‘He can’t be worse than Voldemort, can he?’ OK, so those words are all I’ve got to say… ABOUT THE GOOD SIDE OF HARRY!’ (Pauses to take a sip of his Firewhiskey from Lucius) ‘Thank you Lucius, this is rather delicious!’

‘Now, here come’s the REAL FUN! THE BAD SIDE OF THE BOY WHO LIVED! (Bows) By Lord Voldy-thingy. (Bows again)’

‘Now, this is simple. Just two remarks and two examples shall tarnish his reputation!’

‘See here, Harry DOES care about his fame. And he MOST CERTAINLY does have HUMONGOUS ANGER BREAKOUTS FREQUENTLY. HAH! I have Tarnished half of his reputation already! And here comes the examples! Make way Death Eaters! For the Exquisite, Wondrous Examples are coming!

Corban Yaxley and Antonin Dolohov: Where are they? Where are there? We are Eager to meet them, if they are not mudbloods and blood traitors!

Voldemort: (Rolls eyes) (Mutters) Idiots!

‘EVERY STUPID ONE OF YOU! THE EXAMPLES ARE MY WORDS!’

(Corban Yaxley and Antonin Dolohov sighs and murmurs ‘Should have know… Should have known…But still!)

‘NOW! The examples! Example 1: Harry ridiculously and evilly and self-absorbingly, told his owl, Heria, or whatever it’s name was, to peck his own two best friends until they wrote decent long answers to his letters. Resulting in… The two almost being pecked half to death! Example 2: Harry was mad that he was not made prefect and thought what did Ronald Weasley have but he doesn’t. Example 3: Harry SHOUTED REALLY LOUDLY at his two best friends on complete, pure rage.’

‘So, sadly this is the end of out time together in my evaluation, So, you get how Harry Potter is like! See you!’

(Death Eaters all clap)

Viewing 266 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar